1. How's this for a fix (from a private discussion, copy/pasting):

Current system for honor gain:
    2v2/3v3/soloqueue - 0.135*current rating = honor gain.

We incorporate the following system into the algorithm, using this site as a starting point:
    http://www.arenapointscalculator.com/

We add these algorhytms to the honor gain formula. If it is doable.

3 EXAMPLES (for 2v2 @ 1500/1800/2200 rating, plus examples for how it works in 3v3 and soloqueue, don't be bad at math please as I won't be going too in-depth in something simple like this):

2v2 @ 1500 rating honor gain:

Currently it is like this - 1500*0.135 = 202.5 points per game on 1500 rating.

Add this coefficient to the formula:
    1500 rating in 2v2 = 261 arena points. 261/1500 = 0.174 coefficient.
    1500 rating 2v2 honor gain formula - (0.135 + 0.135*0.174)*current rating(1500 rating) = 237.735 honor points per win on 1500 with formula.
    Without formula: 202.5 honor points.

1800 2v2 with formula:

1800 rating in 2v2 = 578 arena points. 578/1800 = 0.321 coefficient.
    1800 rating 2v2 honor gain formula - (0.135 + 0.135*0.321)*1800 = 321 honor points per win with formula.
    Without formula: 243 honor points.

2200: With formula - 427,275. Without formula - 297.

FOR 3V3 it is the same, except the coefficient is higher, because you gain more arena points in 3v3. Example of coefficient difference on 1800 2v2/3v3 rating:

1800 2v2 coefficient: 0.321
    1800 3v3 coefficient: 0.371
    1800 soloqueue coef: (0.321 + 0.371)/2 = 0.346

So it scales according to the bracket as well.

Well, I hope this helps.

Also, important that the system does NOT function at below 1500 rating range as it then punishes people who can't climb above 1500. But it is favorable at all ratings above 1500, and the higher you go, the better off you are. You still need to play loads of games to get transmogs.

@staff, thanks for the forum unban, appreciate it.

EDIT: Further thoughts: to promote 3v3, perhaps include an increase of 3/2 over the current honor gain because you have 3/2 more players than in 2v2 and thus it is harder to play in such teams and it will increase 3v3 activity by a lot, seeing as how you'll be getting 3/2 more honor points BEFORE the coef. calculations :)

Essentially if you are on 1800 rating currently in 3v3, you get before any modifications:
    0.135*1800 = 243 honor points.

With coef. system implemented you get
    [0.135 + 0.135*(669/1800)]*1800 = 0.185175*1800 = 333.315 honor points.
    Short clarification - 669 are the arena points you get at 1800 rating in the 3v3 bracket. 669/1800 is the coefficient (0.371) which gets added to the formula on 1800 3v3 so you get more points, it depends on the bracket as well.

With coef. system AND 3/2 more honor points implemented to stimulate 3v3 you get:
    {[0.135 + 0.135*(669/1800)]*1800}*3/2 = 499.972, erh, 500 honor points in 3v3 and only in 3v3.
    This does not apply for solo queue calculations, the 3/2 multiplication.
    Edited: July 29, 2015

2. Not sure. The only option would be premade transmog sets like we used on AT.
    But im not sure if thats gonna happen here.
    Like the Pirate or Mexican ones?
    Hm. Isn`t there a bitflag for the donation sets (not the fun ones; like the heroic T10 ones that you cannot 'premade') which will allow you to use those free of charge, couldn`t you just expand on that system and set the a flag for each item that you`ve unlocked persistently?

3. I am not a programmer at all, but I suppose what you could do is work with unlock system wherein every possible transmog item from the transmog npc gets just a another lock on it. Similar to the one that requires you to buy a token and similar to the one that requires you to have specific rating requirements. This third lock will recognise the player's account name, character name or a code assigned to each player's account/character and then links that information to the item ID of that particular item. Once it has been linked it will overwrite the first lock (to have a token) to use that transmog.

So a lock system that works roughly like:

Step 1. If the player has a token, the token lock is automatically removed on all possible transmog id's. This is currently the case. Then proceed to:

Step 2. If the player has a specific rating requirement, the rating lock is automatically removed on all possible transmog id's that have this requirement. Then proceed to:

Step 3. If the player chooses a transmog, store that particular item ID to a code that is assigned to that particular player. Presumably their account name (if you want account wide unlock), the character name (only doable if you can no longer change names ingame), or a code you linked to each character at this point that doesn't change on name swap. Then proceed to:

Step 4. If particular item ID is assigned to particular player tag (account name, char name, player code), remove lock 1+2 for item ID.

Something like this I assume. I am again no programmer, but I suppose something in this direction?

4. Yes, exactly.
    And the term you`re looking for is a character`s GUID (Globally Unique IDentifier).

5. Yes, exactly.
    And the term you`re looking for is a character`s GUID (Globally Unique IDentifier).
    ah, thanks! ^^

6. Just dont give good transmogs to bads and all is good

7. I don't farm honor for a transmog, where's your motivation now? We now have s8 gear for free to just relax and play with friends. Who really needs this new transmog system?

p.s. ripperino judgelawl

8. Hello, Malaco.
    I am sorry for the off top - never used the forums before :)
    I have one little question for you, but I would really prefer to write it down in a kind of a private message or email.
    I understand that you are currently extremely busy, and it may take time to get a response from you, however, it is very-very important for me.
    Could you please let me know if there is a way to ask you a question in private and how can I do it.
    Looking forward to your reply, and thanks in advance! Have a good one, cheers!

9. There is something that I don't understand. This realm lives because of the players not the staff, I think here we can all agree.
    So why is the staff not listening what the customers have to say.

I just ask you something, make a poll that will last one week too ask people if they are ok with this new system (don't do a yes or no poll, make something a little more elaborate). I think you don't realise the proportion of players that are disappointed by this new system.

I hope we can find a solution before it's too late.

Have a good day

10. There is something that I don't understand. This realm lives because of the players not the staff, I think here we can all agree.
    So why is the staff not listening what the customers have to say.

I just ask you something, make a poll that will last one week too ask people if they are ok with this new system (don't do a yes or no poll, make something a little more elaborate). I think you don't realise the proportion of players that are disappointed by this new system.

I hope we can find a solution before it's too late.

Have a good day
    Pretty much what he said.

11. I was gonna farm some 2400 mogs this season on alts, but nvm since I won't even be able to use them anyways.
    Also 6k+ BG wins to mog all my chars.

12. It should be noted that the honor farming system as it stands makes people care less about transmog.

transmog was always a bonus to arena. "oh ive reached 1750 2s, yay new transmog" type stuff happend alot. and in all honesty it was the goal of the cool and badass transmog that got people wanting to go higher rate. But now you can do it by ID aslong as you have the token (atleast thats how the system appears to work) so if they (the player) want to farm honor they can presumably farm it in bgs and be able to lazily sit there and maybe even afk it instead of trying to climb a ladder but still end up with a 'MLGPROTRANSMOG' without having stepped foot into arena.

Which in the end only hurts the realms arena activity.

this is why some time ago (after 3v3 had died out and the only viable way to do any sort of 3s on AT/blackrock was yoloq) i started to play only on ragnaros (because while the 3s on ragnaros should still be fairly dead. atleast you dont have to deal with all psuedo-pro's who rage every 2 seconds). i did for a while still log onto blackrock to do a few yoloq fights (but always got teamed up with full rele rets and priests on my aff lock but w/e). I dont think the system will stay as it is for long, eventually they'll prolly tweak it a lil more to make it faster for arena players or something. Its just that as it stands it is a fairly useless system. Id rather just not transmog then spend hours a day grinding honor for a statless thing on a realm thats supposed to focus on skilled game play and being competitive. and if transmog is effectively out of the picture (as well as some of the competitive nature of the realm sad to say). then thats 1 of the biggest bonus's to the realm being nullified. So it makes me think more ppl from blackrock will reroll to the other realms fairly soon :/

sidenote, id love to see a similar system added to the "normal" realms. imagine 70k honor per transmog token (based on current honor rates). would seem legit too me as people already bg spam on there. hell they could even make it work with arena points (which is how i figured they would of done this system. IE 30k or so honor per token but say only 1k arena points per token) but its just a random thought i had while writing this.

13. The price is high indeed. But that was also intended.
    And i can gladly tell you that people that donated in the past on AT and warmane premium users will get T7 unlocked for free. Without any tokens req.
    Nice, when will this be happening? :)

First 12