1. Does haste affect rune regeneration?

Trying to figure out if I need to respec to crit.

2. Yes it does. But melee attack speed haste =/= real haste if that makes any sense.

3. Yes but you should be taking crit for all specs ingame over Haste.

4. Yes it does. But melee attack speed haste =/= real haste if that makes any sense.
    Yes but you should be taking crit for all specs ingame over Haste.
    Thank you for the replies, I did some in-game testing reforged to crit (with BT > RC/RE) resulting in a jump from 60 to 75+k DPS, in case anyone comes across this in the future.

I manage BT with the following macro that is ad-hoc, if anyone has some advice on it, feel free to critique

#showtooltip obliterate
    /castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,0,frost strike
    /castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,howling blast
    /castsequence reset=0.3 0,obliterate
    /castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,0,0,0,blood tap
    /castsequence pillar of frost,plague strike
    /startattack

5. I would never make a macro like that purly for the RNG of runes.

Learn your class, it's pretty friendly, if you are struggling with playing a Frsot DK, this game is not for you. The only spec ingame which is simplier than this is an Arcane Mage.

You have three buttons you need as 2H frost, so I would seriously suggest that as its as simple as using Oblit as your main ability then Howling Blast whenever it procs and then Frost Strike to spend your runic power. Honest as simple as spamming 11112211123111.

6. I would never make a macro like that purly for the RNG of runes.

Learn your class, it's pretty friendly, if you are struggling with playing a Frsot DK, this game is not for you. The only spec ingame which is simplier than this is an Arcane Mage.

You have three buttons you need as 2H frost, so I would seriously suggest that as its as simple as using Oblit as your main ability then Howling Blast whenever it procs and then Frost Strike to spend your runic power. Honest as simple as spamming 11112211123111.
    The 11112211123111 (((q e and f in the case of keys))) are accommodated for with the use of the macro - which acts as a BT reminder for me. I should explain that I have button forger in place to act as a visual guide for what is up, down, and the usual DK addons for runes.

The macro doesn't run in top-down order, it grabs availabilities, and the powers are all on separate keybinds for situationals

7. Then why bother and just learn your class properly instead of resorting to a lazy macro?

In my case it's a simple WWQEE55W.
    (ob,ob,hb,fs,fs,bt,bt,ob)

Hardly difficult, especially when Howling proc is a giant blue shiney above your character on your UI.
    As for Blood Tap stack I use TellMeWhen (NugComboMeter in WoD).

You should be using Blood Tap manually, I got in trouble off a friend when he found out I had BT macro'd in with Frost Strike. And it's now 5 on my Naga, since it should be a spammable button (not as spammable as my W bind for Oblit(2h)/Howling(DW) though).
    Edited: July 29, 2015

8. Then why bother and just learn your class properly instead of resorting to a lazy macro?

Hardly difficult, especially when Howling proc is a giant blue shiney above your character on your UI.

You should be using Blood Tap manually, I got in trouble off a friend when he found out I had BT macro'd in with Frost Strike. And it's now 5 on my Naga, since it should be a spammable button (not as spammable as my W bind for Oblit(2h)/Howling(DW) though).
    Daoble, I'll start working through it

9. Then why bother and just learn your class properly instead of resorting to a lazy macro?

Since you gave some specifics for your keybinds, do those imply that you aren't using Plague Strike/Outbreak/Plague Leech at all? And what of necrotic/soul reaper/death strike - all on minor binds?

10. Since you gave some specifics for your keybinds, do those imply that you aren't using Plague Strike/Outbreak/Plague Leech at all? And what of necrotic/soul reaper/death strike - all on minor binds?
    Outbreak is in with my pillar of Frost, which tends to be used in the opener, but it also has its own bind.
    Every now and then you will need to do a plague strike, but generally you want to use a Death Rune for this, and you want to be paying attention to your dot duration as you are best to use Plague Leech before you need to reapply Blood Plague as you will get your runes back, and then able to freely apply them without much consequence to your rotation, since if you were to use a UH Rune you're left with a Frost Rune and spending that on a howling isnt wise over waiting for an UH rune for an obliterate. At least when your below 35% you can happily not worry since your using Soul Reaper as priority which leaves you Unholy Runes sitting.

Death Strike/Necro are for PvP which is a completely different playstyle.
    Edited: July 31, 2015