1. Alani <The Stormborn> Guide

ALANI <THE STORMBORN> GUIDE

DESCRIPTION:

Alani, the Stormborn is a large red-scaled cloud serpent perpetually crackling with lightning and surrounded by a protective Nimbus Shroud. She circles the Vale of Eternal Blossoms. She respawns every 8 hours with an additional 5 minutes.

Reins of the Thundering Ruby Cloud Serpent mount is a guaranteed drop from Alani, but in order to attack Alani, you need to first collect 10 Skyshards and combine them to form a Sky Crystal. Skyshards are a random drop from mobs in Vale of Eternal Blossoms.

What the mount looks like:
    Spoiler: Show

Requirements to learn the mount:

•Must be exalted with Order of the Cloud Serpent
    •Must be exalted with August Celestials (Since she is a Thundering Cloud Serpent)

WHERE TO FARM SKYSHARDS:

Mistfall Village in Vale of Eternal Blossoms is the #1 best Skyshard farming spot, all you need to kill are Slateskin Troublemaker mobs. Apart from their very low drop chance, these Slateskin Troublemakers are very easy to kill than all of the other mobs in Vale of Eternal Blossoms which makes it a good chance of dropping Skyshard. You can get very lucky because it can drop 2-3 Skyshards at the same time from an AoE loot.

NOTE: Better to farm Skyshards without being in a group.

HOW TO FARM SKYSHARDS:

Requirements and Recommendations:
    ( * means highly recommended )

•Marksman or Beast Mastery Hunter* class
    •Barrage spell*
    •Traveler's Mammoth Mount
    •Alot of space in your bags*
    •Auto-Loot enabled*
    •For Beast Mastery Hunters, you must have any type of Spirit Beast that can able to heal you, and have Spirit Heal deselected in your pet action bar and use the heal whenever you need to. Easiest way to get a spirit beast is to tame any of the Spirit Porcupines (Degu, Gumi* or Hutia*) which is located in Pandaria. (Use www.wowhead.com to find each of their locations)

As a Hunter, be near to all Slateskin Troublemakers and use your Barrage spell on those Slateskin Troublemakers and spin around once they are near you spam your Multishot and good go. Once your bags are full use your Traveler's Mammoth mount and sell all those junks and if you wish to make dozens and dozens of gold, craft those cloths and sell them in Auction House, just mail those clothes in a mailbox in Mist Fall and send it to your Main/Alts as if it was a bank.

Try to kill them as fast as you can before anyone if you wish those Skyshards to drop fast.

If you are farming as a different class just AoE Slateskin Troublemakers but a Hunter class is highly recommended since they are fast to farm Skyshards.

You need 10 skyshards to convert them into a Sky Crystal which it can be used on Alani.

WHERE TO FIND ALANI <THE STORMBORN> AND HOW TO USE SKY CRYSTAL ON HIM:

Alani can spawn anywhere in his patrol path and he patrols the whole entire path that is shown in the map above. He can go through the hills as well but not for long. If not found, he was already been killed.

Once you have spot Alani, make sure you have a Slow Fall buff or a Glider mount, you can get slow fall bonus stat by making it through Engineering profession. Also make sure you converted your 10 Skyshards into 1 Sky Crystal and place the Sky Crystal in your Action Bar which it makes it easier and also have your slow fall or glider mount ready in your actionbar as well. Mount up and fly right next to Alani and use slow fall or glider mount and QUICKLY use your Sky Crystal on Alani and drag Alani towards the ground as you kill him fast before he kills you with his special spell which does a very good damage on you. I HIGHLY recommend to use Sky Crystal when hes not flying very high. Once he is killed, loot him.

I recommend you not to be in a team to prevent accidents and scams, many people really can't control their excitements. If in team if you are the one getting the mount, roll on need while the rest of the group rolls on greed, NEVER click the pass option because the pass option will make it roll need instead of passing, this is only bugged for Alani. And of course it is tradeable for those who were eligable for the loot for certain hrs, though it is not tradeable for those in group that were far away from Alani and didn't pop the roll for them.

Video of how you use the Sky Crystal on Alani and how to kill Alani:

ALANI <THE STORMBORN> HOTFIXES IN WARMANE:

December 2014
    Alani will only be attackable after removing Nimbus Shroud

July 2015
    Alani will now use his abilities correctly and following his path

Guide made by: Pixiekinz

This guide will continue to be updated.
    Edited: August 2, 2015 Reason: Updating and/or Editing

2. Hi there.
    I played MoP for a month after the reset and the Skyshards were one of things I did manage to farm.
    Now it seems Serpent riding has been fixed but I still have a question. Last time I spoke to a couple of friends they told me that Alani is almost always up and even if you do use the Crystal he is non-targettable while he does lose his shield.
    Has all that been fixed ? I wouldn't wanna waste the Sky crystal if Alani bugs out.
    Thanks.

3. Hi there.
    I played MoP for a month after the reset and the Skyshards were one of things I did manage to farm.
    Now it seems Serpent riding has been fixed but I still have a question. Last time I spoke to a couple of friends they told me that Alani is almost always up and even if you do use the Crystal he is non-targettable while he does lose his shield.
    Has all that been fixed ? I wouldn't wanna waste the Sky crystal if Alani bugs out.
    Thanks.
    Before the fix, you should of slowfall and use sky crystal as u fall and kill him. That video u see, was before the fix. The fix only applied him patroling the whole vale of eternal blossoms. It works just dont cast the crystal on ground, just fly right next to him at the same height as he is, slow fall and quickly use sky crystal :)

4. and how do we get exalted with The August Celestials?

5. I did use parachute but he EVADED all my attacks after i was at the ground and now i lost the skycrystal too after days of farming .... oh well blizzard would compensate that item at least, i really give up MoP after this incident and the past ones too

I even used it at the EXACT spot at the video, yet it failed ... i feared it would happen, quite tragic indeed
    Edited: September 16, 2015

6. this server is laggy as ****.. and never seems to improve ever!! they just keep adding bull**** updates.. and never really works on pre existing delay and lag issues

7. I just got it. The fight was a complete piece of cake, except that it took me three times (in ten or fifteen minutes) trying to initiate the fight, because he kept flying very short segments and then despawning just as I arrived.

8. thx for guide, I just look for something like this!

9. at 20:55 today, initiated the fight at the twin statues near the centre of the Vale, just stood on the spear sticking out of the ground and walked straight down XD

10. Lol, and all this time I farmed that boss with my Rogue, Rambo Diving into the boss and bring it to almost ground level to fight it.
    The last time I took it down was at the base of Mistfall so there is other ways of doing this.

All in all, nice guide.

11. i dont know how a melee class (rogue) i supposed to do this, and im too scared to try.

12. This is perhaps the best place to kill it, alani comes completely leveled to ground at this place and has huge area to cover him xD

Edited: November 25, 2015

13. Hello, I can't found these Slateskin Troublemaker, I am now in Mistfall Village and none of them appear. Can you help me? Thanks!

14. Well that's it, I farmed 40 skyshards, and I used 4 sky crystal, all them got bugged, I wrote tickets over and over again, same response, ''we can't do nothing about it'' ''please report your bug at bug tracker'' I farmed and farmed for days, weeks, and you can't do nothing? I undestand this is a privet server, it has a lot of bugs, but at least Game Masters could do much more for the players at least talk to them to know what happened and try to help for don't happen again, they could be more helpful, but they're not... unfortunatly everytime I write a ticket I'm already waiting for a robot menssage back, again, they don't care if you spend 1 year farming and then item still wont working with you, I'm sad because GM wont help anybody, I did my last try on alani after this 2 weeks farming, and I waited on my birthday to change my luck, not even on my bday item work or still a gm could care about my case, this is making me givin up on this server and try in another one and wont spent any money again here. I just wish GM could be more helpful, talk with players about their cases in specific, not a robot menssage....

12 Last