1. scrolling thru the comments .. so much butt hurt .. much ego..such players..
    Chill your nuts..its just a bunch of people trying to have fun..
    Edited: August 19, 2015 Reason: No animals were harmed in the making of this comment.

2. lack of pillars is what make difference beetween "real hard core pvp" and "fake" pvp

im notorius bla bla bla-
    -real pvp are arenas cause you start with all cds ready
    -real pvp cause you play equal number 2vs2 or 3vs3
    -real pvp cause you got pilars to hide behind and run around
    -real pvp cause you got some imaginary numbers tied to your character
    -real pvp cause i get into bg and see random gladiator in alliance gettin stomped by 2 furios gear ppl and then leave bg hahahh its to easy for them so they leave and go back to arena
    -real pvp cause some dude is gladiator on retail lol...
    -and best one real pvp cause blizzard balanced pvp around arena epic lol
    -real pvp cause there are tornaments lol

im notorius bla bla bla
    - "fake pvp" are world pvp,bgs, cause there you never know what is gona happen and sometimes oh my you dont have all cds ready and enemy catches you without them what im gona do then??
    - "fake pvp" cause sometimes you fight vs more then 2 ppl at the time OH MY! we dont want that do we
    - "fake pvp" cause blizzard implemented world pvp n bg stuff for no aparent reason and if it wasnt for vanila wow and his world pvp and bgs you would never have arena system at all
    -" fake pvp" cause if number of players in team is more then 2vs2 or 3vs3 that isnt pvp nah man to many players for player vs player
    -"fake pvp" cause there are no rewards no rewards no real pvp
    -"fake pvp" cause cant turn you into elitist doushebag like arena can
    -"fake pvp" cause sometimes enemy outnumber you oh my that is so fake

blizz should add in game manual btw your dear customers real pvp is only arena all other is fake pvp so be carefull what you do.

and another thing wow pvp was never balanced and its never gona be thats what is making it alive in the first place

i rly feel sad for ppl who in year 2015 are still hardcore arena obssesed

whats your rating brah whats your rating brah rating rating bro!!!

3. SoL is best PvP guild on Frostwolf. Don't listen to those trolls stating otherwise.

4. lack of pillars is what make difference beetween "real hard core pvp" and "fake" pvp

im notorius bla bla bla-
    -real pvp cause i get into bg and see random gladiator in alliance gettin stomped by 2 furios gear ppl and then leave bg hahahh its to easy for them so they leave and go back to arena

im notorius bla bla bla
    - "fake pvp" are world pvp,bgs, cause there you never know what is gona happen and sometimes oh my you dont have all cds ready and enemy catches you without them what im gona do then??
    - "fake pvp" cause sometimes you fight vs more then 2 ppl at the time OH MY! we dont want that do we
    - "fake pvp" cause blizzard implemented world pvp n bg stuff for no aparent reason and if it wasnt for vanila wow and his world pvp and bgs you would never have arena system at all
    -" fake pvp" cause if number of players in team is more then 2vs2 or 3vs3 that isnt pvp nah man to many players for player vs player

blizz should add in game manual btw your dear customers real pvp is only arena all other is fake pvp so be carefull what you do.

and another thing wow pvp was never balanced and its never gona be thats what is making it alive in the first place

You've made such a compelling argument, that I have absolutely rethought my whole outlook on what PvP is all about!

How could I be so stupid so as to take the word of the Blizzard developers who themselves have stated on streams that they balance PvP around 3v3!
    Of course, the real PvP is to be found in ganking lowbies in the world, and destroying people trying to gear up with our BiS premades. That is true PvP indeed. Why fight those of equal skill and gear in an arena, when we can instead fight those that have yet to get any gear and are still learning the game!

Arigatou Keyboardhero Senpai... Arigatou

5. Ok, kind of hard to talk about PvP with those that think the order of PvP balance is World PvP>BGs>Arenas.

I guess all the gladiators on Retail like Hansol aren't actually PvP players, what a surprise. Luckily you guys totally settled that argument...
    I never gave an order of PvP. I just feel that PvP (Player versus Player) means including ALL aspects of the game. Nothing above anything else, but a good balance of Battlegrounds, Arenas, Rated, World PvP for not individual players, but as a guild. Again, would really hate to have high rating PvP players that brag about their ratings, require ratings to even associate with them and do nothing but arenas to boast their ego that's already the size of Russia in any guild. But opinions are open and thoughts differ.

6. Why fight those of equal skill and gear in an arena, when we can instead fight those that have yet to get any gear and are still learning the game!
    You're absolutely correct! After we hit full 522, we should all either abandon ALL PvP, so we don't make it unfair for the undergeared ones, OR go Arenas!

7. lack of pillars is what make difference beetween "real hard core pvp" and "fake" pvp

im notorius bla bla bla-

im notorius bla bla bla

Have to admit.. I LIKE the comment..WOW and Its pretty rare to see guys like u with those thoughts..Each damn word u said was legit!..GJ
    Edited: August 20, 2015

8. You're absolutely correct! After we hit full 522, we should all either abandon ALL PvP, so we don't make it unfair for the undergeared ones, OR go Arenas!
    Nono, you misunderstood my post. I'm clearly suggesting we just farm the people in gearing. That's what PvP is all about and has ever been about!

Can't wait to log on and start double queueing with my guild to gy farm a bunch of 300k hp players. Such fun to be had! Woohoo!

9. Nono, you misunderstood my post. I'm clearly suggesting we just farm the people in gearing. That's what PvP is all about and has ever been about!

Can't wait to log on and start double queueing with my guild to gy farm a bunch of 300k hp players. Such fun to be had! Woohoo!
    I feel like i'm just talking to a kid, who's out of ideas what to say and is just spilling crap now..

10. Nono, you misunderstood my post. I'm clearly suggesting we just farm the people in gearing. That's what PvP is all about and has ever been about!

I think you misunderstand the term of PvP.

Player(s) versus player(s), or PvP, is a type of multiplayer interactive conflict within a game between two or more live participants. PvP can be broadly used to describe any game, or aspect of a game, where players compete against each other.

I think that's what Battlegrounds are for. I also think that's what Rated Battlegrounds are for. I'm almost certain that's what World PvP is for. And maybe, just maybe, that include Arenas.
    Arenas in a hardcore sense (only pvp they do is Arenas) is more like, E-Peen competition. My rating is higher than yours and so is my ego.
    You can't possibly believe that once you hit 522 ilvl and full Grievous, that you are doomed to only arena or quit playing since nothing else is deemed logical. If that was the case, WoW would have died years ago with many PvP'ers quitting after they donated or earned full PvP gear according to their patch.

11. I think you misunderstand the term of PvP.

Player(s) versus player(s), or PvP, is a type of multiplayer interactive conflict within a game between two or more live participants. PvP can be broadly used to describe any game, or aspect of a game, where players compete against each other.

I think that's what Battlegrounds are for. I also think that's what Rated Battlegrounds are for. I'm almost certain that's what World PvP is for. And maybe, just maybe, that include Arenas.
    Arenas in a hardcore sense (only pvp they do is Arenas) is more like, E-Peen competition. My rating is higher than yours and so is my ego.
    You can't possibly believe that once you hit 522 ilvl and full Grievous, that you are doomed to only arena or quit playing since nothing else is deemed logical. If that was the case, WoW would have died years ago with many PvP'ers quitting after they donated or earned full PvP gear according to their patch.
    My whole point to this was to point out that you're term "decent" PvP guilds was extremely biased. What you consider "decent" doesn't have to be the same as what someone else considers "decent". Many of us, specially on the Alliance side, only consider players that can prove themselves in a fair setting against similar skilled/geared opponents to be "decent". It certainly doesn't take a lot of skill to group together in a 40 man raid and go raid a city of mostly afk players. I would know, since I've raided Orgrimmar countless times on both Cata and MoP. Likewise it doesn't take a lot of skill to go into a Random Battleground and farm a bunch of under-geared opponents, who at the end of the day, are just trying to get some gear. No, most "decent" players like to prove themselves in an equal footing.

Again, on the Alliance side, and me personally, consider a PvP guild to be "decent" only when they have a large portion of their population in the arena ladders, as that, for me is the best way to judge how skilled their members are, and as a result, how skilled the guild itself is. You pointed out how arenas were only an indicator of how well a player can play "with one, two, four other players in 2s, 3s and 5s". Well, I would then point out how Battlegrounds are just how well a player can play with nine, fourteen, or thirty nine other players. In one situation a player gets carried more than the other, and I'm sure you know which that would be.

Finally, like I said before. I personally do not consider any PvP guild worthy of calling itself a PvP guild if its player are not participating in the arena bracket. It is the most balanced of all the PvP environments, and is the very environment around which abilities (to some extent...) are balanced. Any player that enjoys PvP should naturally want to play in the most balanced environment available. Sure you can argue this is a "No true Scotsman" fallacy, only reversed, but I don't think my conclusions are very wide from their analysis. A "true" PvP player would enjoy a balanced environment.

Edit:
    I feel like i'm just talking to a kid, who's out of ideas what to say and is just spilling crap now..
    I feel like I'm talking to a PvE player that doesn't understand how arenas are played.

12. My whole point to this was to point out that you're term "decent" PvP guilds was extremely biased. What you consider "decent" doesn't have to be the same as what someone else considers "decent". Many of us, specially on the Alliance side, only consider players that can prove themselves in a fair setting against similar skilled/geared opponents to be "decent". It certainly doesn't take a lot of skill to group together in a 40 man raid and go raid a city of mostly afk players. I would know, since I've raided Orgrimmar countless times on both Cata and MoP. Likewise it doesn't take a lot of skill to go into a Random Battleground and farm a bunch of under-geared opponents, who at the end of the day, are just trying to get some gear. No, most "decent" players like to prove themselves in an equal footing.

Again, on the Alliance side, and me personally, consider a PvP guild to be "decent" only when they have a large portion of their population in the arena ladders, as that, for me is the best way to judge how skilled their members are, and as a result, how skilled the guild itself is. You pointed out how arenas were only an indicator of how well a player can play "with one, two, four other players in 2s, 3s and 5s". Well, I would then point out how Battlegrounds are just how well a player can play with nine, fourteen, or thirty nine other players. In one situation a player gets carried more than the other, and I'm sure you know which that would be.

Finally, like I said before. I personally do not consider any PvP guild worthy of calling itself a PvP guild if its player are not participating in the arena bracket. It is the most balanced of all the PvP environments, and is the very environment around which abilities (to some extent...) are balanced. Any player that enjoys PvP should naturally want to play in the most balanced environment available. Sure you can argue this is a "No true Scotsman" fallacy, only reversed, but I don't think my conclusions are very wide from their analysis. A "true" PvP player would enjoy a balanced environment.

Edit:

I feel like I'm talking to a PvE player that doesn't understand how arenas are played.
    I'm tired of being told "Don't feed the troll." You have your strong opinion, but I think you are the only one. Several people has already commented on how incorrect you are, so I'm just going to go with the majority. PvP is not only about Arenas but can be quite entertaining. BGs and Rated BGs are fun regardless if you are full geared or not. World PvP is fun even if you outnumber them. And Capital City raids are fun even if half the city is AFK. Even trying to counter City Raids against your faction is fun, even if you die countless times. Winning isn't what makes it fun. It's the company that you are in. PvP is about enjoying yourself and enjoying it with others. Finding that challenge and laughing at your errors, learning from them and then telling the story about how bad you failed or how well you did. Because in the end, doing only Arenas because you are fully geared is far more boring than watching 80 days of that caterpillar crawl across the desert. I guess that my Alliance PvE guild that has a r1 mage from WotLK makes my Alliance guild r1 PvP guild also.

13. I'm just going to throw my two cents in here.

As a very old wow pvper, these kind of arguments dictating who is good at pvp seems to only end at either who is king at bgs / arenas / duels. Let me tell you something that most people cannot grasp from this.

These are three separate unique pvp playstyles. Duels focus on the player's ability to develop the most efficient tactics available to them at beating the one and only other opponent. Players who excel at duels usually have a grasp at how most classes work in the game, when where how and why they pop the appropriate cooldowns when, and my favorite: being able to track the opponent's cooldowns through clever addon usage.

Arenas focus on smaller group based pvp in 'fair' fights, so people here excel at coordination and ingame knowledge more than anything else, when where how and why they use their burst or defensives or their ccs, using their environment to their advantage (applies in all areas, but is mostly focused on here and in bgs / w-pvp). Arenas are mainly used to gauge a player's pvp skill because it shows us most of the eye-candy things you expect from pvp players.

And bgs / w-pvp focus on large scale fights where coordination, tactics, and support is king. Sure you can have 15 rank 1 gladiators in a bg fighting another team of equal gear, but if those gladiators cannot coordinate their attacks / cc's etc, then they will lose, it's just how the game works in these environments.

With that being said, those players who MASTER ALL 3 SETTINGS are the real pvp kings. Let me give you an example from a ret paladin perspective. I can be the best ret paladin dueler out there but when I'm thrown into arenas and have otherwise 0 coordination with my partner then my pvp skill is lacking. If I'm the best ret paladin in the 3s bracket and have mastered how small compositions work in wow but use this mentality in a world pvp or bg setting by trying to fight 'honorably' instead of in full coordination with the team or otherwise in the most efficient way with regards to the objectives, then my pvp skill is lacking. I can't count how many times I've seen rank 1 ret paladins in arenas perform so horribly in bgs because their macros are focused on arena style gameplay, and they are thus unable to support others in large scale conflicts with fast usage of off healing or hand of <whatever>, or because they are not fighting with objectives in mind but with arena style mentality in mind. Hypothetical scenario: (ooh I can score a single kill on this guy who I have been fighing alone with on the edge of the map by using my burst because his cooldown usage allowed me to do so... but wait, wouldn't it have been better to use my burst in conjunction with others on my team to kill a large group of people over there while using my holy power and flash of light procs to heal my team at the same time?). Sometimes I wonder if alliance are so pro in arenas how come they lose alot of rated bgs or large scale world pvp situations? (Not saying they always do, but you got to admit there are some cases when this happens).

The best wow pvpers are able to adapt to all three of these environments and excel in all 3 them. Not just dueling, not just arenas, not just large scale pvp, ALL 3 OF THEM. So when you claim you are the best pvp players or the best pvp guild, ask yourselves, are you the best in all wow pvp scenarios?
    Edited: August 21, 2015

14. Why you all arguing with this Notorious guy? It's obvious he can't see more wide than his arena rating and e-peen.
    Sometimes when people choose to be ignorant it's best to let them be ignorant, because convincing them into something is like trying to explain math to potato.

First 12345 ... Last