1. State of Shadow Priests

As the title says, I just want to know how shadow priests are like at the moment. So far, I've not seen that many shadow priests around, and those that are around and somewhat geared (390+) don't seem to be doing as much dps as they should be doing with their level of gear. So my question is, is there anything bugged about shadow priests that cause them to not do that much damage? And if this is the case, what is the problem with them?

Spoiler: Show
    http://i.imgur.com/mQZkRtk.png

The reason why I'm making this thread is mainly due to the image above. This was done on an spriest with 6805 int, 2237 haste rating (27.04%), 521 crit rating (14.63%), 771 mastery rating (12.3 mastery) and 0 external buffs. Do keep in mind that the dot damage done was with full procs (normal Insignia, Foul Gift, tailoring proc and power torrent). I don't know whether I'm wrong or not, but I don't think that Vampiric Touch should be ticking for that much damage, in comparison with videos showing dummy dps on retail, where vampiric touch is shown to be ticking above 20k. I could be wrong about this,but I want to hear about what other spriests playing on Neltharion have to say.

2. dots are doing low damage tho, if u can get 4p t13 then u can start doing some dps..not much fun without it (35-40k stable in raids with 393ilv 60k burst)

3. @Makagodx, In cataclysm DoTs are main DPS tool. T13 4p will give you nice burst, but after that you are back to basics and this is DoTs + fights where are more then 1+ mob, DoTs are priority too.

@Jimusa Give me your name to check in Armory.

4. @Makagodx, In cataclysm DoTs are main DPS tool. T13 4p will give you nice burst, but after that you are back to basics and this is DoTs + fights where are more then 1+ mob, DoTs are priority too.

@Jimusa Give me your name to check in Armory.
    Name of the priest is Kyx . Granted, I do have some pieces of gear that have to be replaced ASAP, but I do not think that the gear will pose a major problem. Hence, this thread here to find out what is wrong, whether its with me or something else.
    Edited: August 5, 2015 Reason: adding armory link to make life easier

5. Name of the priest is Kyx . Granted, I do have some pieces of gear that have to be replaced ASAP, but I do not think that the gear will pose a major problem. Hence, this thread here to find out what is wrong, whether its with me or something else.
    Ye plenty of items need to be replaced + FGDL trinket, better get darkmoon volcano. I have some questions.

What is your avarage DPS on boss ( 10 and 25 mode)?
    What is your avarage DPS at dummy?
    What is your rotation?

6. Ye plenty of items need to be replaced + FGDL trinket, better get darkmoon volcano. I have some questions.

What is your avarage DPS on boss ( 10 and 25 mode)?
    What is your avarage DPS at dummy?
    What is your rotation?
    Average dps on boss can be between 30k-40k(25man) when I have a slot, not much I can say for 10 man since I havent been able to get a spot on raids. As for dummy highest so far is 24k-25k, cant remember the exact value. Although I find myself doing more towards 22k on average.

Rotation wise, ignoring 4pc t13, would be Pain>Mind Flay x 1-2>Mind Blast> Dots> Archangel+Shadowfiend. I refresh them as they are about to expire, and when I gain new procs (like intellect procs, haste procs or mastery procs).
    Edited: August 5, 2015

7. Average dps on boss can be between 30k-40k(25man) when I have a slot, not much I can say for 10 man since I havent been able to get a spot on raids. As for dummy highest so far is 24k-25k, cant remember the exact value. Although I find myself doing more towards 22k on average.

Rotation wise, ignoring 4pc t13, would be Pain>Mind Flay x 1-2>Mind Blast> Dots> Archangel+Shadowfiend. I refresh them as they are about to expire, and when I gain new procs (like intellect procs, haste procs or mastery procs).
    DPS overall is good, in 25 mode of course depend on which boss you are can easy bring your DPS to 50k+. I remember back in 2014, when I still played cataclysm, one friend manage 71k on Ultraxion 25 mode. As for 10 modes somewhere between 35-45k you should be good enough. On dummy if you pull 25k+ stable DPS that's mean you are in right and proper way for ratation.

One suggest for ratation, you don't need to refresh dots on intellect or haste process. 3 orbs save for Mind Blast and your CDs (Archangel+Shadowfiend+Potion+Trinket use) save them for a couple seconds after you apply DoTs, in this way you won't lose a time of them. Sometimes I use them like after 30 seconds, this way I keep burst and put DPS in stable possition for long fight.
    Edited: August 6, 2015

8. ofc dots are main dps tool, but it doesnt matter if they are doing such a low dmg

9. ofc dots are main dps tool, but it doesnt matter if they are doing such a low dmg
    Just this. I cannot help but feel that shadow priests currently are lacklustre at the moment. Sure, they give nice raid buffs, but that's it. Right now, it feels like you need a lot of bis gear just to do the same amount of dmg that a class without bis gear is capable of. Until someone comes along and figures out what is wrong, I'm afraid shadow priests will remain as a below-average class just because of its damage.

10. Devouring plague is doing like half dmg of what it should be doing(improved DP is ok) , DOTs are criting like once a year even if u reforge to full crit (were just testing some ****), sw:p is like just waste of global and so on..but its still fun to play such ****ed spec and still be top in pugs tho

11. May 29, 2017  
    I totally agree with you. We are now in May 2017 and the situation remains more or less the same. I'm trying to figure out where is the problem here because I love so much this class and played for many years in both Cata and previous expansions. Personally I think the "bug" has to do with DOT's basal damage (they should be higher). The other option has to do with haste on Mind Flay (on the other hand, number of ticks on DOTs is OK with my haste - about 2800/2850). Hit cap 17%. My ilvl is 401, and still doing 25-26k stable dmg on dummies WITHOUT ANY kind of potion, food or external buffs etc.

I've read so many PVE guides and my rotation is good. 4set bonus helps a lot with dps burst but the usual rotation consisting of Mind Flay + DOTs etc etc still remains quite below of what it should be. I'm a little desperate with that.

You must be an almost BiS player to do a decent dps compairing 397-400 ilvl other classes people :-(