1. Blizzard has 3 days before their fate is sealed for the World of Warcraft expansion reveal. Depending on the content that they reveal with the expansion shall determine whether World of Warcraft as it stands today remains in the future.

Blizzard has statistically lost 44% (4.4 million) of their subscribers since Warlords of Draenor launched 9 months ago. This has proven the worst expansion release in World of Warcraft history. Mists of Pandaria lost subscribers, but over the two year period. The fact Blizzard are needing to push an expansion out after a year proves their desperation.

However, I will add that the lack of content provided by Blizzard could indicate their last gasp. Their development could focus on the next expansion, being the reason it could be available to be released this year. They are perhaps saving the content for that expansion to launch with multiple activities to bring back the player base.

If Blizzard do not release an expansion this year, and this is the last patch of Warlords of Draenor; World of Warcraft as we know it will cease to exist next year. Blizzard has one chance to rectify this issue: otherwise, World of Warcraft is no more.

2. Massive banwaves for the use of bots was also a thing.

3. Massive banwaves for the use of bots was also a thing.
    Makes a good point, wonder how much the massive bot bans helped.

I personally think its great for us private server players. I doubt Blizzard would launch the old expansions again, so for our realms, we might see more and more players coming back to private servers to avoid WoD.

@ Warmane staff, please don't start working on WoD. Almost everyone hates it, as you can see...

4. I dont think Blizzard rly fails. They are part of Activision and as a company they have better numbers than expected so shareholders dont care about an old product that has high expenses and losing customers.
    If i invest in coca-cola and i expect 3% grown on my profit but turns out its 5% why i would care for fanta that has lower popularity than a 5 years ago?
    You blame on activision.. which I saw like the 70% did already on most of the replies on this. Lets not forget that blizzard is running the game after several years doubt blizzard will give them their "baby" to some new company that wanted to join them.
    It's no suprise honestly look the expansion they did: Lazy content, mindless dailies for barely good rewards in my opinion, rep/quest farming a must if you want to fly which is no sense.
    They are "listening" reminds me how much they "listen" here.. it's their game after all, they will actually hear 51% of it and make some changes according what the players said and want then they put what's "best" for the game thing that people doesnt seem to like/agree otherwise they wouldnt drop from 10-11m almost in the start of the expansion to almost half by the end of it, it's just ridiculous.. don't blame activision on this, it's blizzard fault.

As much I like blizzard as company sometimes you gotta face the facts even if you like the company like you do.

@ Warmane staff, please don't start working on WoD. Almost everyone hates it, as you can see...
    The only WoD server I would play if it was fun server which I doubt they will ever do.
    Edited: August 5, 2015

5. Blizzard has 3 days before their fate is sealed for the World of Warcraft expansion reveal. Depending on the content that they reveal with the expansion shall determine whether World of Warcraft as it stands today remains in the future.

Blizzard has statistically lost 44% (4.4 million) of their subscribers since Warlords of Draenor launched 9 months ago. This has proven the worst expansion release in World of Warcraft history. Mists of Pandaria lost subscribers, but over the two year period. The fact Blizzard are needing to push an expansion out after a year proves their desperation.

However, I will add that the lack of content provided by Blizzard could indicate their last gasp. Their development could focus on the next expansion, being the reason it could be available to be released this year. They are perhaps saving the content for that expansion to launch with multiple activities to bring back the player base.

If Blizzard do not release an expansion this year, and this is the last patch of Warlords of Draenor; World of Warcraft as we know it will cease to exist next year. Blizzard has one chance to rectify this issue: otherwise, World of Warcraft is no more.
    What you are saying is impossible, no way Jose, no new expansion this year. They didn't even start closed beta dude, do you know how releasing expansions works? For Warlords closed beta started somewhere around march 2014, with release being in 17th of november 2014, that's 8 months of beta & testing. Hellfire Citadel is still a new raid, and you have to kill Archimonde 20 times (weeks) to fully upgrade your ring, so forget about it rofl.

Summer of 2016 is earliest I can think of for the new expansion release, that's almost a year, and most likely it will happen like that to release it at same time with the Warcraft movie. Warlords has a long way ahead before it ends.

And no, not everyone hates WoD, only the ones who aren't active raiders in a raiding guild, indeed, there's not much to do in WoD except raiding, but the raids are awesome.

6. I think its funny people assuming that blizzard brought it on themselves that after 10 years of charging $15/mo and after making 700 kajillion dollars off of subscribers in a world where no other mmo can survive per month subscriptions more than a year or 2 before going free. The real story here is, its a HUGE win for blizzard for being able to charge per month for as long as they have. The game has been over priced from day 1, mostly because progress is too slow. It will be nice when they go free to play because then they can change the rates to fit the game play model which should be closer to 5x.

WoD didn't kill the game, progress and time did. There are enough other game options out there and people finally woke up. Warmane SHOULD make a WoD server, but only release it when it is done instead of making the typical private server mistake of releasing it 3 years early. This is MORE important with the WoD than previous expansions because the ONLY reason to play WoD is to try the distinct new content like garrisons.

Blizzard is laughing all the way to the bank. They fooled people into paying for 5 years longer than they should have at that rate. They are making billions off of the other 2 games they have out, WOW is an afterthought to them.

If they wanted to rock the mmo world, they should make (my idea) world of starcraft. Which would be a modern engine 3 faction mmo. That would turn the mmo world on it head.

7. What you are saying is impossible, no way Jose, no new expansion this year. They didn't even start closed beta dude, do you know how releasing expansions works? For Warlords closed beta started somewhere around march 2014, with release being in 17th of november 2014, that's 8 months of beta & testing. Hellfire Citadel is still a new raid, and you have to kill Archimonde 20 times (weeks) to fully upgrade your ring, so forget about it rofl.

Summer of 2016 is earliest I can think of for the new expansion release, that's almost a year, and most likely it will happen like that to release it at same time with the Warcraft movie. Warlords has a long way ahead before it ends.

And no, not everyone hates WoD, only the ones who aren't active raiders in a raiding guild, indeed, there's not much to do in WoD except raiding, but the raids are awesome.
    Then let us hope Patch 6.2. is not the last patch. I cannot see players waiting 10 months, assuming it releases next summer. At the most, it will release January 2016 because of the lack of content they have provided this expansion, and some sources has indicated that it will. If they were to wait until the natural release of next year - much later than January - around November's normal expansion release. Then World of Warcraft would certainly be non-existent.

8. It is the last patch content wise and confirmed, only minor one will be applied to get flying in Draenor, and wont be released in January 2016.

Siege of Orgrimmar laster 14 months haha, but indeed, it had 7 million subs back then.

9. It is the last patch content wise and confirmed, only minor one will be applied to get flying in Draenor, and wont be released in January 2016.
    You should never take what Blizzard say as final. Look at the flying example: Blizzard insisted that flying will not return during Warlords of Draenor, while many complaints changed their mind to implement flying.

Secondly, look at all the other times they added it was the last patch: Burning Crusade - Illidan is last boss. It was later revealed that Sunwell was patch 2.4.3. Wrath of the Lich King - the Lich King is last boss. It was later revealed that Ruby Sanctum was later added.

10. You should never take what Blizzard say as final. Look at the flying example: Blizzard insisted that flying will not return during Warlords of Draenor, while many complaints changed their mind to implement flying.

Secondly, look at all the other times they added it was the last patch: Burning Crusade - Illidan is last boss. It was later revealed that Sunwell was patch 2.4.3. Wrath of the Lich King - the Lich King is last boss. It was later revealed that Ruby Sanctum was later added.
    The thing is,you don't get it.Having flying back is a thing you can do in like 2 months but doing a full patch with a raid(or bg or whatever type of content) isn't going to happen,since they're basically already working on the next expansion already...

11. The thing is,you don't get it.Having flying back is a thing you can do in like 2 months but doing a full patch with a raid(or bg or whatever type of content) isn't going to happen,since they're basically already working on the next expansion already...
    As stated earlier, they could be working on new content for the next patch. Just because they have not announced that they are working on content does not mean that it is not at all being worked on.

When Blizzard announced Illidan was the last boss at Burning Crusade, everyone then thought it was until the next expansion. No one knew they would create a new raid tier until it was announced.

Also, I never said it was going to happen, I mentioned it is a possibility since there is a lack of content before the expansion comes out, assuming next year.

12. Hope they will pause the game or something and bring us warcraft 4 after sc2. wc3 had a huge fanbase in China same as sc2 in Korea.

13. You should never take what Blizzard say as final. Look at the flying example: Blizzard insisted that flying will not return during Warlords of Draenor, while many complaints changed their mind to implement flying.
    They actually said fairly early on that it may return.

14. Please Blizzard, abandon WoW and develop warcraft 4.
    That's pretty much impossible at this time.

First 123 Last