1. Heartbreaking to read. Brought it on themselves though.

2. I think 5.6 million *****s is 5.855million more *****s than warmane (using current online numbers for warmane).

Note: your question should be rephrased to "what opinions do you guys have" instead of "what do you guys think" to better connect with the warmane audience.
    Why are you comparing retail to a private server... You also should check your math.
    Edited: August 4, 2015

3. This is a good chart. Shows the subscriptions for the lifetime of WoW. We see a pretty steady decline since the start of Cataclysm bu the sharpest drop is after the start of WoD.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...on-Subscribers

4. At start of the year i said WoD is fail and some guys from the forum started to tell me how wrong i am and only 100-200k ppl will left. Well from 10m to 5.6m for 6 months. I am pretty sure numbers cloud be lower without tokens. WoD is a crap expansion but i understand them. Making 100 new cards on HS req a lot less time and testing than a new xpac while it will make same amount or even more money. Also ppl are burnout to wow, its 10y old game. I am saving some gold for tokens if i want to try new xpac i guess it will be better because it cant be worse than wod.

5. The way I see it, the decline of retail is "good for business" for private servers that host the older expansions. People who still want to play WoW and want to play the old expansions have somewhere to go, though many of them don't know anything about private servers.

6. It was to be expected. Downtrend like that is hard to alter, and it is becoming apparent that most of people who play WoW are millennials who are nostalgic about the game because they were kids and the world was freaking awesome when they started playing it. Some of them thought they could get that feeling back, that they can put their fingers on it again - so the bought a subscription after WoD was released - but only to realize that the child is grown, the dream is gone, and they have become comfortably numb.

7. It was to be expected. Downtrend like that is hard to alter, and it is becoming apparent that most of people who play WoW are millennials who are nostalgic about the game because they were kids and the world was freaking awesome when they started playing it. Some of them thought they could get that feeling back, that they can put their fingers on it again - so the bought a subscription after WoD was released - but only to realize that the child is grown, the dream is gone, and they have become comfortably numb.
    /close thread :)
    We all get old, game is the same (worse actually) and thats it.

8. It is a bit sad.

All I log retail for atm is the odd BG.
    Paying £10 a month for a few BGs is a little overpriced too.

They have brought it on themselves...

9. Wow fans are the most loyal fans out there till you slap em in the face (multiple times).The next expansion better be the excuse for the lacking content in WOD ... and besides maybe it's really happening this time Wow is finally starting to die, and maybe they are moving to other stuff like Hots,Hearthstone Overwatch, Diablo. Also it's that time of the year when an expansion is ending and the period between the old one and new one it's kind of normal to loose some subs but going down to 5,6 mil subs is not normal for a titan like World of Warcraft.

10. OP post proves the only one right thing - WotLK is still best and most popular xpac, and it will remain so

11. A bit depressing,blizzard shouldn't have merged with activision,them along with EA,are the cancer of the video games industry,they literally kill every franchise they touch.

12. They have brought it on themselves...
    Nothing else to say on this thread.

When an entire company like blizzard fails this bad people gets tired of their constant trolling and non sense on most of the aspects..

13. Nothing else to say on this thread.

When an entire company like blizzard fails this bad people gets tired of their constant trolling and non sense on most of the aspects..
    I dont think Blizzard rly fails. They are part of Activision and as a company they have better numbers than expected so shareholders dont care about an old product that has high expenses and losing customers.
    If i invest in coca-cola and i expect 3% grown on my profit but turns out its 5% why i would care for fanta that has lower popularity than a 5 years ago?

14. Please Blizzard, abandon WoW and develop warcraft 4.

123 Last