1. Tanks in cata?

Hello everyone!
    So i am a wotlk tank player and i have decided to move and try cata with some friends. Watched some videos about the 4 tank classes, but then again that is not retail here, that is warmane. So i would like to ask about your opinions. Dont really feel like playing dk since never done it before, and i dont like their runes. Have played mostly Warr and Bear in wotlk and a little less pala.
    So as i understood from the retail videos, dudu bear is taking more dmg(its hp is jumping) than pala and warr, whose mastery is damn strong especialy the crit block of warrs.
    Buuuuuut, in wotlk warrs take way more dmg than they should, is it like that here too? (and some end game guilds dont really want mt warr)
    Buuuuuut, in wotlk there are too much palas, like.. every second tank is pala, and overall a big big % of the server is palas, same here?

Also i would like to ask (this is in much lower priority tho! ) about their dps, i know both are toping, but how about the difficulty and how much fun it is and etc.
    Holy Pala is an option for os too. so maybe a little words about it. And then again the MAIN thing here is the TANK stuff!!! :)

in case you are answering about the tank stuff, maybe you can add a guild suggestion for veteran wotlk players who dont know cata tactics but are willing to learn and rock it later! :) (still not sure about faction, maybe horde, maybe)

2. cata tanking is easy. cata pve is easy in general

3. war tanks are good once they're more or less ctc capped, until then they're slightly better than paper, critical block is bugged so far, they may fix it soon(tm)

dudu tanks rely on insane dodge rate (45-50%) and some absorbs and of the 4 tank classes, they scale well with gear, unlike warrior tanks where there's a mythical 100% ctc when they suddenly stop taking 100% incoming damage and take like 20% at most

4. If you don't want play dk and you got experience with dudu and war, play druid, its really better than warrior.

5. I think the most common tanks in end raids are Druids and DKs.. Atm warrior and pala are decent. But I think they still have some broken stuff.

It simple seems like avoidance vs block. Avoidance wins atm.. However the other classes can still finish the raids certainly. And they have some reaelly good abilities like shockwave n stuff for certain encounters..

As for damage, dks and druids also excell in those areas.. I've seen some palas and warriors do decent. But single or duo target. The cleave abilities really shine.

Depending on the fight, DKs a little more over a longer period of time.

If you have druid experience, and enjoy the class.. Go with a bear :)

6. Yep dudu and death knights are the main tanks here. Also global lacks of tanks.

7. If u want to start solo tanking ds then druid or paladin /thread

8. Yep dudu and death knights are the main tanks here. Also global lacks of tanks.
    Paladins are good as main tank also ... I was MT with my warrior once and it was good :)
    So every class can be MT

9. All tanks work fine, if there are any bugs then it's minimal and not game breaking. Obviously this patch was not friendly to warriors, so they are the least favoured tanks of them all, but they can still tank all 8 bosses in DS HC with no problem. Paladins and Death Knights are by far the best tanks and can solo tank most fights in DS HC with ease, including Madness HC, Druids are not far behind them but really depend on gear and Warriors take up the rear and also depend on gear.

10. All tanks work fine, if there are any bugs then it's minimal and not game breaking. Obviously this patch was not friendly to warriors, so they are the least favoured tanks of them all, but they can still tank all 8 bosses in DS HC with no problem. Paladins and Death Knights are by far the best tanks and can solo tank most fights in DS HC with ease, including Madness HC, Druids are not far behind them but really depend on gear and Warriors take up the rear and also depend on gear.
    I'm sorry Dani but I have to correct u :D
    Every tank can solo Madness HC people just need to have brain and figure out how :D
    We in 25 man where u must have 2 tanks we are doing with 1 tank and u can check in our videos or in our livestream :D

11. So the main tank and the leader of the best guild here(yep, i have read the forums before posting this) is saying that every class is ok for MT. Doest that mean end game raids/guilds dont complain about you being warrior (for example), cuz in wotlk, that was kind of annoying.

12. So the main tank and the leader of the best guild here(yep, i have read the forums before posting this) is saying that every class is ok for MT. Doest that mean end game raids/guilds dont complain about you being warrior (for example), cuz in wotlk, that was kind of annoying.
    For me warrior is the best tank the most interesting class tbh...
    Bdk 3 buttons
    Paladin 3 also
    Druid 4 it can go on 2 if u make macro :D
    But warrior the best belive me ... :D

13. For me warrior is the best tank the most interesting class tbh...
    Bdk 3 buttons
    Paladin 3 also
    Druid 4 it can go on 2 if u make macro :D
    But warrior the best belive me ... :D
    Yep i totally agree with that :)
    But are they as good as they are funny to play?

war tanks are good once they're more or less ctc capped, until then they're slightly better than paper, critical block is bugged so far, they may fix it soon(tm)
    ^ thats what i mean, Hari

14. Yep i totally agree with that :)
    But are they as good as they are funny to play?
    TBH if u are BiS they are good if u are not BiS then u know my answer :D
    But i tanked warmaster , ultraxion and spine hc with 385ilvl as OT

15. i would say roll a druid or dk . worked well for me :) but if you are good with a warrior or paladin that will work just fine aswell :O roll w.e you are more comfortable with :)

123 Last