1. Thoughts on the daily point system...

I have read some concerns among our community about why we're no longer voting for points. Some are concerned that we aren't doing enough to publicise Warmane, etc.

But I have a different take on this.

As the system is, it encourages people to be active on Warmane, to actually participate and be present. I rather think we want people who want to be here, and those people will log in every day.

Somehow, without voting, we've managed to accrue a pretty nice-sized bunch as it is. I've played on servers with voting who were lucky to have 500 people total. We don't seem to have that problem. Voting isn't everything.

As for those voting sites? I've gotten no fewer than three malware/viruses from those places. They are natural targets for crap like that. And what does it prove if your server is on top? Maybe it says you have a big population. Or maybe it says that someone's managed to rig the system. Who knows. But what it doesn't prove is whether that server has committed players who really enjoy being there. Frankly, those are the kinds of people I would like to play with. I think we're lucky on Warmane to have a bunch of people like that.

2. None nowadays are looking for new server in top100 sites. They are useless, at least for me. Reviews and reddit is the best way to pick up smth new because there are real people opinions and very good criticism, while top100 sites offer only some numbers which can be modified very easily and not always show actual situation in market.