1. World of Warcraft Legion

The new World of Warcraft expansion was revealed as Legion.

Expansion Details:
    • Brand new continent: The Broken Isles
    • Artifact Weapons
    • New Hero Class Demon Hunter
    • Free level 100 character boost
    • Class Order Halls
    • Level Cap increased to 110
    • New Dungeons and Raids
    • New Honor System
    • Characters
    • Improved Transmogification System
    • Improved Support for in-game communities
    • Beta Begins Later this Year

Broken Isles
    • Split into seven main zones, a small island and the sanctuary with the return of Dalaran
    • Highmountain
    • Val'Sharah
    • Stormheim
    • Suramar
    • Azsuna
    • Broken Shores
    • Thal'Dranath
    • Acherus
    • Dalaran

Broken Isles Map:
    Spoiler: Show

Artifacts
    • There are 36 weapons, one for each specialization.
    • Earn Artifact Power gained through dungeons, raids, battlegrounds and other activities.
    • Artifact Power used to improve the artifact to become more powerful.
    • Artifact Power can be used to shape and change the appearance of the Artifact weapon.
    • Artifact Talent traits: there are lots of talent traits that improve the weapon, such as Death Knight's resurrecting themselves as Undead, or Ashbringer mimicking abilities and increasing damage.
    • Artifacts have up to 16 upgrades that you can buy to upgrade the Artifact
    • You can unlock different Artifact appearances; 4 different designs for each Artifact that you can unlock.
      Ashbringer is available for Paladin's.
    • You can upgrade the Ashbringer into Purified Ashbringer, Flaming Ashbringer, Corrupted Ashbringer, Shattered Ashbringer and its color. This is the same for every artifact.
    • Sheilun, Staff of the Mists is available for Monk's
    • Felo'melorn is available for Mages
    • The Eagle Spear is available for Hunters
    • Icebringer and Soulreaper is available for Death Knight's
    • Doomhammer is available for Shaman's
    • Fangs of the First Nightsaber is available for Druid's

Artifact Designs:
    • Ashbringer
    • Felo'melorn:
    • Icebringer and Soulreaper
    • Doomhammer
    • Plus 32 other Aritfacts

Upgrading Artifacts:

Weapon Talent Tree:
    • Ashbringer
    • Icebringer and Soul Reaper

Demon Hunter
    • Horns come with different styles, types, and removing horns is an option.
    • Ability to customise tattoos
    • Ability to customise skin: normal, scaly different colors
    • Ability to customise eye covering
    • Starts at a high level
    • Only Night Elves and Blood Elves can be a Demon Hunter
    • Starting zone is Vault of the Wardens to fight the Legion
    • Demon Hunter has two specs: Havok (DPS) and Vengeance (Tank)
    • Skills cost or generate Fury
    • Spectral Sight allows you to see through walls, stealthed players and enemies.
    • Demon Hunters have Double Jump
    • Demon Hunters wear Leather and can use Daggers, Fist Weapons, One-Handed Axes, One-Handed Maces, and One-Handed Swords.

Demon Hunter Abilities

Class Order Halls
    • You are the leader of the class order hall.
    • Paladin's are the leader of Light Hope's Chapel, and you communicate with other players.
    • Shaman's have a conclave overlooking the Maelstrom
    • Warlock enclave on a Legion portal world.
    • Each order hall will contain champions. You recruit followers that give additional features to the class hall.
    • Mage's can order the Mage's of Dalaran
    • Other Class Halls include The Silver Hand
    • Each class can have their own unique place to customise, upgrade artifacts and gain rare quests
    • Can recruit Lady Liadrin, if you're Paladin for example.
    • You can send champions to a zone and gain rewards.
    • You can work along side with them on quests.
    • Only members of that class can enter these halls, similar to Death Knight starting area.

Dungeons
    • Total of 9 dungeons on release
    • Dungeons include: Halls of Valor, Vault of Wardens, Black Rook Hold, Eye of Azshara, Darkheart Thicket, Neltharion's lair, Helheim, Suramar City, Violet Hold.
    • Wrath of the Lich King had 8 dungeons on release including: Utgarde Keep, Nexus, Azjol-Nerub, Violet Hold, Gundrak, Culling of Stratholme, Halls of Lightning, Halls of Stone.

Raids

The Emerald Nightmare - you can enter the Emerald Dream.
    • Features 7 bosses
    • Pursue Cenarius, face Xavius

Suramar Palace
    • Features 10 bosses
    • Fight Gul'Dan
    • Total of 17 bosses on release.

• Wrath of the Lich King had 16 bosses on release including raids on Naxxramas (14), Vault of Archavon (1), Obsidian Sanctum (1)

Honor System
    • New prestige system. There are 50 levels, and each level you unlock new PvP Talents.
    • There are 18 PvP Talents per character. Some replace a spell to make it more beneficial.
    • Talents Effects: Increase Haste by 15%, absorb heals on enemy target, significantly reduce cooldown on Bloodlust for you and a target, Dispell magic every 2 seconds for 6 seconds.
    • At level 50, you can choose to reset your level to unlock prestige rewards.
    • You may unlock a new PvP Faction Icon that is displayed next to your portrait when flagged for PvP; you can unlock new Artifacts for PvP that are different from those obtained in PvE.
    • You can earn badges that display name, rank, special mounts, and PvP Artifacts

PvP Talents

PvP Portrait Badges

Characters
    • Turalyon and Alleria, Illidan, Maiev Shadowsong, Sylvanas Windrunner, Malfurion, Xavius, Nessingwary, Ysera, Cenarius, Gul'Dan, Anduin Wrynn, Tidemistress Athissa, Genn Greymane, Dargul the Underking, Khadgar, plus many more.

Improved Transmogrification System
    • Collect item appearances and save your favourite outfits without sacrificing precious bag space

Improved Support for in-game communities
    • Create social circles with friends that have shared interests, and form the perfect group to play your way.
    Edited: August 7, 2015

2. The new World of Warcraft expansion was revealed as Legion. It looks amazing. The stream is still here: http://www.twitch.tv/blizzard

The best expansion ever. What do you think? Details after Stream finishes.
    Best expansion ever is WOTLK sry. Spare me hype pls. I dont believe them anything.
    Edited: August 6, 2015

3. Best expansion ever is WOTLK sry. Spame me hype pls. I dont believe them anything.
    To be honest. Same... WOTLK is still best expansion.

4. Illidan = alive!!!!!!!!!! That sure is enough for me lol, idk about gameplay and content but the lore will probly be amazing which is kinda most important for me anyway in newer expansions (for gameplay just stick to wotlk xd). I just don't see why they used the broken isles and suramar, kinda shouldve saved that for a naga expansion, i just hope they dont shoehorn azshara into this, she deserves her own expansion.

5. The new World of Warcraft expansion was revealed as Legion. It looks amazing. The stream is still here: http://www.twitch.tv/blizzard

Dem u're silly. Half of that will be cut before release. Its like WoD 2.0 atm. Nothing the get hyped about, not even demon hunter, tho the new class is the only one strong point of Legion atm. Probably more or less will be showed at blizzcone but for now its ahh like someone said. Give us legacy servers already
    Edited: August 6, 2015

6. Love cuz they will introduce Alleria and Tyralion finally. Still no Kul Tiras

7. I'd be soooooooooo hyped if it was Metzen hosting this, these guys make awesome announcements look like ''oh, ok''.
    Or maybe Metzen didn't want to show up for disagreeing with an expansion with everything that is left of WoW, don't know.

I'm definetly resubbing and leveling a character for all classes and specs, btws. I have full heirlooms anyways.

8. Metzen still working on the lore?

And Im waiting to see this new honor system.

9. Guys hop off Metzen already lol, if this reveal was hosted in the US y'all already know he would be the one to announce it.

Since it wasn't, he maybe couldn't come to Gamescom.

As for the expansion, still watching the stream, will comment after it ends.

10. Oddly seems like what Wrathion warned us in MoP and some of the parts seems to be stuff that might have been part of WoD. possibly WoD was the prototype.

Anyway YT link to the announcement vid: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6CWue7voA0

11. Illidan is back so we can expect Arthas in next expansion. Thats cool.

12. Illidan is back so we can expect Arthas in next expansion. Thats cool.
    Well, nope.

13. Cuz in this expansion we have a chance to get frostmourne pieces. So no more sword=old Arthas :D . They can revive Illidan (more subs cuz cool character) they can make Arthas alive too. ;)

14. The new World of Warcraft expansion was revealed as Legion. It looks amazing. The stream is still here: http://www.twitch.tv/blizzard

The only world of warcraft that was played in an amazingly enjoyable atmousphere with a darker story was WOTLK, The Vikings and everything else. The music, whole Northrend, the story, as a pack named 'expansion' WOTLK was the best expansion, as a pack of everything the game needed.
    None of the other so called expansions are finished packs of something, they themselves feel unfinished, even after releasing their latest patch. The more WoW progresses with new exapnsions the darker the game becomes, darker as a story and environment, which I don't like.
    WOTLK introduced a lot a dark story with light atmousphere. Northrend is still amazingly beautiful and unique.

WOW doesn't need new expansions anymore, taking the real purpose and meaning of the word 'expansion'. WOW doesn't need more levels. WoW can progress only through introducing new gear and excuslive events regulalrly to players with all of the features until WOD, and maybe ehancing a few of the older features, like they actually did now with the PvP honor system, which I find very cool.
    WoW needs to bring all expansion together in one major WoW game, that receives updates. Where all expansion content from all expansions is available to people. Where for example Icecrown is an accessable raid for lvl 100, but dropping new gear, same for all of the other content from the other expansions. Whoever likes WOTLK will be hanging out in the WOTLK zones, dungeons and raids, having each raid and dungeon dropping items for the highest level in the game, for example lvl 100, basically a smart in-game worldwide system, where none of the previous expansion content is outdated, but it is fully accessable with benefits to the players.

Just imagine if they actually REVAMP WoW, changing the old textures of Northrend and other old zones into the latest textures, leaving anything in these old areas unchanged, only graphically and NPC-wide enhanced, like in MoP and WoD. This is what WoW needs, not new classes, levels and islands.

15. Cuz in this expansion we have a chance to get frostmourne pieces. So no more sword=old Arthas :D . They can revive Illidan (more subs cuz cool character) they can make Arthas alive too. ;)
    That's a poor hater logic right there. I could explain why Illidan is revivable lore-wise, but I don't think that'd change your mind of hating for the sake of it.

123 ... Last