1. 'coz wrath is going forward
    Ya .... Keeping the very founding stone upon which Warmane/Molten is built upon and keeping the majority of Population is something that one might consider going back. GENIUS!!!! You must be Einstein reborn.

2. Pet Battles are largely a MoP feature. Since we are going forward, we are only going to be working on WoD and Legion from this point forward, and we will not be revisiting Pet Battles since the are primarily old content -- we do not want to go backwards.
    Spoiler: Show

and that's why we love you sapphire :)

#NoDisrespect

#BringBackPetBattles

<3 SkyBro
    Edited: August 13, 2015

3. Spoiler: Show

and that's why we love you sapphire :)

#NoDisrespect

#BringBackPetBattles

<3 SkyBro
    lol
    I figured you'd appreciate that comment.

4. Going forward with those stupid expansions wont bring you any people.But believe me .. closing those realms with failed expansions like Cataclysm and Mists of Pandaria and openning a new blizzlike Burning Crusade realms,would instead bring you more pople,than you have playing on those 3 realms by now.
    WotlK was the last thing of WoW that the real WoW'ers should ever respect,everything else is horse****.

5. Kashalota, as you can see, there are thousands disagreeing with you - otherwise everyone would be playing Wrath, right?
    There are over 2,5k people on cata realm (Neltharion) and close to 5k on peak times on Frostwolf. Kind of seems to me that neither one of them is dead. They do have less population but they arent empty.
    Also, I personally loved MoP, Cata was worse but still ok, while I agree with you that Wrath was the best. Tho tbc and vanilla were worse in my book even than Warlords or Cata. But that's already offtopic. The point is, that there are people who liked those expansions, and, I guess, as long as there will be such people, realms will remain open. Whenever they come close to finishing wrath (which is their focus atm through Lordaeron), they will switch on either one of those and with more fixes coming more people will come :) Closing either one of those would mean around -20k people if not more playing on Warmane and I dont think they will go for it just because you dislike those expansions. (you can of course argue that 20k is number taken from wind but im taking in consideration peak numbers, fact that most people dont play the whole day and that some are unable to play on some days at all)

6. You will hardly see anything here above MOP, dont be afraid.

7. Kashalota, as you can see, there are thousands disagreeing with you - otherwise everyone would be playing Wrath, right?
    There are over 2,5k people on cata realm (Neltharion) and close to 5k on peak times on Frostwolf. Kind of seems to me that neither one of them is dead. They do have less population but they arent empty.
    Also, I personally loved MoP, Cata was worse but still ok, while I agree with you that Wrath was the best. Tho tbc and vanilla were worse in my book even than Warlords or Cata. But that's already offtopic. The point is, that there are people who liked those expansions, and, I guess, as long as there will be such people, realms will remain open. Whenever they come close to finishing wrath (which is their focus atm through Lordaeron), they will switch on either one of those and with more fixes coming more people will come :) Closing either one of those would mean around -20k people if not more playing on Warmane and I dont think they will go for it just because you dislike those expansions. (you can of course argue that 20k is number taken from wind but im taking in consideration peak numbers, fact that most people dont play the whole day and that some are unable to play on some days at all)
    Ehh, I have to disagree with your numbers there concerning Cata realms. I have to agree with Kashalota in the fact that it's the least popular expansion in general (Warmane's WotLK numbers are more than both cata and MoP combined!), and it's a reliable estimate that the recently announced official WoD numbers straight from Blizzard themselves indicate it is going to be placed in the same bin as Cataclysm. Simply put: people do not want this new content. Also, Legion looks like a half-baked and desperate attempt to keep the population as well (my opinion though). Sometimes going backwards is going forwards (the point of having old content available in the first place, to re-experience it all, or for those who never got to in the first place), if they people wanted "new" they would go play retail, it is basically free to play now, less bugs, and tons of other pros that outweigh the cons vs private servers, lol. Let me leave you with this one though: Think for a minute and, let's say hypothetically, if WotLK was *only* the 3rd of the 3 top content options from WoW (look how popular it is here!), why not (aside from just more work to do) have the other 2 best content available as well to boost the overall population further (Warmane likes big population)?

8. His suggestion is to close those realms. At peak times WotLK realms have 6.2k, Cata 2.7k, MoP 5k (keep in mind im not taking in calculations PvP realms (WS/BR)). Which makes your text incorrect. Cata is least populated and Im not saying its not, im saying that it is not not populated expansion, same as Mists.

9. His suggestion is to close those realms. At peak times WotLK realms have 6.2k, Cata 2.7k, MoP 5k (keep in mind im not taking in calculations PvP realms (WS/BR)). Which makes your text incorrect. Cata is least populated and Im not saying its not, im saying that it is not not populated expansion, same as Mists.
    Keep in mind this counter of online is not clear. Next things is TBC/Vanilla cores are out of development like trinity, don't know about other. But it's gonna be pain to try develop something and bring old school server. If you want play go on top list and find some BC server or Vanilla plenty of them.

Plus not going happen at all with BC/Vanilla realms take to much time even start new server from ashes.

10. His suggestion is to close those realms. At peak times WotLK realms have 6.2k, Cata 2.7k, MoP 5k (keep in mind im not taking in calculations PvP realms (WS/BR)). Which makes your text incorrect. Cata is least populated and Im not saying its not, im saying that it is not not populated expansion, same as Mists.
    There are technically three WotLK servers, not counting the tournament server is two, and just those two average 3-4k...each. So that's more like 8k peak vs MoPs 5k+ Catas 2700+500. So it's easy to see the WotLK servers cram roughly the same numbers of 3 servers over 2 different patches in 2 servers of 1 patch. Not bad.

11. Just seems really weird that Warmane is interested in developing WoD when there are so many refugees coming here to get AWAY from it.

12. Just seems really weird that Warmane is interested in developing WoD when there are so many refugees coming here to get AWAY from it.
    How is Warmane interested?

13. I think Warmane would rather wait 2 years and focus on existing Expansions and only after Legion on retail has reached its final patch they will start developing legion instead of WoD, because judging from peoples and staff comments and retail numbers everyone wants to forget that WoD ever happened. Nobudy wants to play vanilla or TBC , stop with nostalgia.
    Might be wrong though.

14. How is Warmane interested?
    Their adamant stance on going "forward", to quote staff: "...we are only going to be working on WoD and Legion from this point forward..."

Just seems really weird that Warmane is interested in developing WoD when there are so many refugees coming here to get AWAY from it.
    Kinda what I have touched on already. WoD would be like Cata all over again. Just not worth the effort. If Blizz says subs are down due to WoD, then what do you think will happen when Warmane releases WoD content? Sure a lot of people will come check it out, for a short while, then population will quickly drop off and become stagnant just like Cata.

15. WoD is by far the most disliked expansion & Wotlk the most liked, those two things are facts.
    However, stating that you should close MoP & Cataclysm to open Vanilla and TBC is just stupid. Keep in mind that half this community still comes here to play Cataclysm & MoP even tho Wotlk is more populair. I personally love playing old content but I dislike Vanilla itself it's just poorly worked out compared to todays standards.

First 123 Last