1. Trial of Champion (N or HC) - Doable ?

Hi there.

After the last time I found myself in a party for TOC (N or HC) and after the umpteenth disbanded group I asked myself why people were always down to do it, leaving after few seconds. Then I found something on the bugtracker and all was clear, that is bugged mounts.

Here's how I managed to solo Horde 3 waves before the final trio of 1st phase.
    I went as tank (4.6k prot paladin) for normal.
    As horses cannot be mounted I didn't take the spear and I always stayed in front of the main gate, that is from where opponents usually appear.
    Doing that I took only 13k damage after 3 waves and without charges against me that back on molten could usually one-twoshot you if you were forced to escape due to replace your horse.

I haven't found a party for it yet, but I think that for last wave (champions with their horses) and with a good healing and a burst of dps it could be doable even with a 4.5k gs or less (normal dungeon ofc) but I repeat haven't tried it yet.
    I tried to solo the last wave as well, but their horses are indeed too strong for a single person and without a good healing.

I don't care of 2eof, that back on molten weren't given doing TOC, but it'd be nice to complete it mostly for trinkets that cost almost 80vp on marketplace and are really good even for a 200 item lvl (The Black Heart !).

I'd like to read answers for alternatives tactics or for proofs that it's doable after all, even witth these problems.

Ty

Realm: Deathwing (Alliance).
    Edited: August 14, 2015

2. It is doable and bosses spells work afaik. You can use the horse skills if you equip an argent lance before mounting.
    People leave the dungeon because completing it doesnt give the rdf reward.

3. I know that you've to equip it before to mount, but you CAN'T use them, at least on Deathwing. I tried several times both on normal and heroic, but nothing. Other players had the same problem so they're bugged and unavailable.
    On bugtracker a horde player wrote the same, that is wolves are bugged as well so I think that nowadays people are leaving asap due to that and not only for no eot/eof reward.

4. I can confirm that you can not mount even if lance is equipped.
    But the instance is doable, some monsters do very high dmg, it was pain in the asz to heal through that, but it is doable.

5. as acousticscars said, same on Ragnaros, we got spears, but we cant mount anythin. as allys. also theres no eof on the end.

6. Its not doable now after the movement update you cant use mounts no matter what you do even on normal difficulty for trinket farming is impossible now i guess its on bug tracker so just have to wait until a fix comes along.

7. Mounts cannot be used, which makes the faction champions encounter a real pain in the ***, but it can be done if your whole group stacks on top of the adds so that they can't use Charge, as it has a minimum range like all charge spells. The rest of the dungeon works normally.

By the way, Oculus and CoS also work, albeit a bit glitchy. Currently the only dungeon which doesn't work is UP. I believe this is partially my fault: I made two reports - the first for the gate at the start not impairing LoS, which allowed Mages, Warlocks, Hunters and DKs to pull the last boss from the start; the second for the harpoons hurting Skadi, which made the encounter very easy with just 2 spears killing him in the air before he even lands. Warmane fixed the first bug as it was a major exploit by making King Ymiron unengageaable until the other bosses are killed; however, when they "fixed" the second bug they made it so the spears don't do damage to Grauf either. In essence this makes Grauf unkillable, thus Skadi - unengageable, thus the whole dungeon uncompleteable.

I'm sorry for reporting these, just as I am sorry for having reported Malygos and BWL 3 years ago. We all know how this ended.
    Edited: August 15, 2015

8. Indeed stacking is the only working solution to avoid charge and ranged spells, even if without shield breaker the fight can endure a bit more as they've more resistence. However stacking doesn't work for champions as their horses do a very high dps.

Druids were also able to pull the last boss of UP from the gate using treants. However Skadi is not immune to pets and treants (idk for mages, locks, etc.. ). I tried to send them during the harpoon phase and they can do a little dps, but doing that it'd take hours to kill him..

Ahhh BWL ! Back on molten I had green and blu shard chain completed and not red one due to Nefarian D: !
    Edited: August 15, 2015

9. Yesterday I tried to do the HC one with a quite good group. We almost insta-died at 4th wave, that is against bosses on their mounts.
    However after the res we found them unmounted, but with horses aside. Killed mage and rogue, leaving last boss alone. Unfortunately someone (idk who) casted an aoe spell, pulling even horses that insta-killed us.
    So we ressed again, but with big surprise finding ourself at 2nd boss(Paletress). Anyway 2nd boss is bugged too, because all waves come together, instead of staying in certain points of the arena..sooo killed us again.
    Come on fix toc !

10. TOC HC done.
    4th wave is impossible to defeat. You just have to wipe and come back. As previously posted doing that bosses will be with their mounts off.
    Second boss (found Eadric) is working, even if adds spam fountains like freaks instead of a single one.
    Last boss works as well so in the end you can do it, but with patience and luck (Eadric instead of the other bit*h) =)