1. Demo lock gear

Hey guys ! Can somone help me with gearing ?
    Im lvl 80 demo lock and i want to know the best items for high dps
    Thanks !!

2. Hey guys ! Can somone help me with gearing ?
    Im lvl 80 demo lock and i want to know the best items for high dps
    Thanks !!
    You have basically two options:
    "Spirit stacking"
    haste + crit

Spirit stacking build is about buffing your entire raid as much as possible (10% of your current sp is given to entire raid as a buff - that includes you). You often go for spirit items because of spirit->sp conversion due to your buff (fel armor) and glyph of life tap. Its doing slightly less personal dps, and couses your raid to do more dps and healing. (difference can be even over 200 sp on average)

Haste + crit gearing offeres sligtly more personal dps at the cost of loosing raid dps( if there is more than 1 other spellcaster) and healing.

Both those variations want 17% spell hit. Other milestone to aim for is getting your Decimate (under 35% of target hp) Soulfires cast time to 1 second (global cooldown can never be shorter, meaning that haste after you reach this is worth far less) - after that focus on crit (or crit + spirit) a bit more. Mh + Oh combo is slightly better than staff for both of those.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Ideally you want to have both of those sets and switch between them. If you are only lock in raid (especially 25 mans) go spirit stacking. Other factor to consider is your future offspec .. for example haste + crit gear is the way to go for affli.

3. Spirit stacking build is about buffing your entire raid as much as possible (10% of your current sp is given to entire raid as a buff - that includes you). You often go for spirit items because of spirit->sp conversion due to your buff (fel armor) and glyph of life tap. Its doing slightly less personal dps, and couses your raid to do more dps and healing. (difference can be even over 200 sp on average)
    If that was the case i think every warlock will go spirit stacking because 200 sp more demonic pack is 2000 sp more for the warlock itself.
    Good geared warlocks without spirit gear use to have around 4.2k - 4.4k self buffed.
    In order to have 200 sp more demonic pack buff we need 2000sp more.
    A little example
    So we gain 50% of total spirit as spell power to have 2000 sp more means that we need approximately 3637 more spirit (because with kings we will have 4000+ more spirit).Every character can equip 17 items including trinkets. 3637 spirit / on 17 items is 213.94, in other words every single items need to give as at least 214 spirit ?! Since with all spirit gear and no tier items you will have zero hit from gear we should drop the trinkets and the numbers are getting even more fun 243 spirit per item.
    In the real world lets say that this 15 items will give as average 90 spirit per item or 1350 spirit with kings 1485 spirit that will be 743 more spell power for the warlock or 74 more spell power for the demonic pack buff is it worth it, i don't think so.

4. Ok, made up mathematical equations aside, as the ex-best Demo Lock on Ragnaros pre-ICC HC, I confirm what jendah said. If you want to buff your raid as much as possible, then you want items with spirit + haste and you will gem exclusively for SP unless it's a blue socket with a high SP socket bonus where you'll gem SP + Spirit. Yellow sockets are to be ignored. This is a very viable method which makes you very very desired in every 25-man, especially if the group is caster-heavy.

On the other hand, if you want high personal DPS, you just need to follow the normal mage-like BiS list with Haste + Crit as for Affli or Destro. But then again if you want that, why not just switch to Affli or Destro?
    Edited: August 18, 2015