1. thank you!

hi there.. im using a disco priest atm, im gathering gear to start Spriest, i have been told is real fun to play with.. i have found your guide really helpful, y apritiate your effort, i was wondering if maybe you could answer a question regarding caps.. when you are gearing up as an spriest and u are really bellow soft cap on haste, should i aim to gem mainly haste eaven skippin armor bonus, or should i aim for mixed haste gems and only socket yellow with pure haste, thanks a lot.

2. what are priorities ? if you have to cast VT do you cancel mind fly and cast VT or wait for MF until it finishes and then reapply your dots ?

3. what are priorities ? if you have to cast VT do you cancel mind fly and cast VT or wait for MF until it finishes and then reapply your dots ?
    Hey, sorry for the late reply. I'm not all that regular with playing wow these days. I see this guide has gathered so much traction while I was away. Back to your question, its always best to wait for your MF to finish and then reapply your dots.

Clipping your dots or MF before they completely finish will result in a loss in net dps. Hope this helps.

4. hi there.. im using a disco priest atm, im gathering gear to start Spriest, i have been told is real fun to play with.. i have found your guide really helpful, y apritiate your effort, i was wondering if maybe you could answer a question regarding caps.. when you are gearing up as an spriest and u are really bellow soft cap on haste, should i aim to gem mainly haste eaven skippin armor bonus, or should i aim for mixed haste gems and only socket yellow with pure haste, thanks a lot.
    While you're gearing in my opinion the two stats that would help you the post are spell power and haste. Spell power because it increase the damage done by your spells and haste because it increases the speed your dots tick and reduces cast time for alll spells hence increasing your damage done.

Don't fall under the rabbit hole of getting pieces of gear for armor. Armor means nothing for your character, so ignore it all together.

5. BiS is...

I have a question. Yesterday I compared your bis list with another, and that what I saw:

1)Neck: Amulet of the Silent Eulogy (Obtained from Gunship in ICC25hc);
    2)Ring 1: Ring of Rapid Ascent (Obtained from Gunship in 25hc).

In another guide some dude told me to change this to

1)Neck: Blood Queen's Crimson Choker;
    2)Ring 2: Valanar's Other Signet Ring.

Totally we can replace your setup with -3 crit rate +6 spell damage
    So, how do you think?
    Edited: December 18, 2019

6. @YanderTem
    It's better to gem for the hit and not waste any stats (perfect hit cap) than to try and get the hit from items and waste stats in the process.
    Neck: BQL Choker
    Ring: Rapid Ascent
    Hit items: T10Hands, Legs, Ashen ring, +40 hit from gems, +12 hit from boot enchant

7. @YanderTem
    It's better to gem for the hit and not waste any stats (perfect hit cap) than to try and get the hit from items and waste stats in the process.
    Neck: BQL Choker
    Ring: Rapid Ascent
    Hit items: T10Hands, Legs, Ashen ring, +40 hit from gems, +12 hit from boot enchant
    Many thanks to you.

8. hi and thanks for your guide, i will play priest shadow for first time and i want to buy something with vote points, what i should buy ?? maybe Flare of the Heavens ??

9. I appreciate the effort of the image, but I do have some questions to ask.

Chart#1;
    You're already just over the haste cap at 1278 with that gear setup, why are you gemming 60 more haste instead of crit?

Chart#2;
    Same question: You're over haste cap with 1304 haste, why are you gemming another 60 instead of crit?

Chart#3;
    I assume you're trying to represent what was spoken about before, considering how you titled it "Bull**** in slot"?
    It's not an accurate list. Switch the T10 legs for Plaguebringer's, the Mittens for T10 hands, and the Valanar Signet for Ring of Rapid Ascent. Follow up with gemming the missint hit, and for the love of god stop gemming haste when you're over cap.

10. To address the sp+haste gemming concern: The (hypo) next to socket is short for hypothetical. It's there to show that even with the orange gems you can't reach the hard cap - you have to sacrifice spell power. So, instead of haste, we turn our attention to crit(which yes, I shouldn't have categorized as hypothetical).

I switched the pieces you mentioned. This is what happens:
    https://i.imgur.com/6bym7FW.png

So basically you'd rather sacrifice 5 crit rating to get rid of 2 hit rating? Why? Also, GSB NECK + GSB HANDS + T10 LEGS overcaps the hit cap by 2 just from raw gear stats, so you can skip the icewalker enchant and go for 18 spirit, which would translate to spell power(hence the 2 hit rating and 5 crit rating difference), whereas the build you're suggesting NEEDS the icewalker, otherwise you start sacrificing spell power to be able to go for a +20 hit gem.

11. So basically you'd rather sacrifice 5 crit rating to get rid of 2 hit rating? Why?
    First of all, you're missing 2 other stats. You're intentionally ignoring the loss of 18 haste and 12 spell power. Yeah, sure, the haste doesn't matter much since it's overcap, but it's still something. The 12 spell power stands out though.
    Secondly, get rid of 2 hit rating? It's not a loss because that 2 hit rating is otherwise OVER cap. Dropping it is a net gain in stats elsewhere.

Also, GSB NECK + GSB HANDS + T10 LEGS overcaps the hit cap by 2 just from raw gear stats, so you can skip the icewalker enchant and go for 18 spirit, which would translate to spell power(hence the 2 hit rating and 5 crit rating difference), whereas the build you're suggesting NEEDS the icewalker, otherwise you start sacrificing spell power to be able to go for a +20 hit gem.
    Even if we remove the hit rating on the enchant from the equation, 12 crit is still superior to 3.6 (or 3.96 sp with kings, or 4.356sp with kings AND Imp. Spirit Tap proc, just to be generous). Sp would have to be three times better than crit in order for them to be approximately equal, nevermind overtake the crit.

12. Hey man great job with this guide!! i just have one question, do you recommend soft or hardcap haste?

13. It's usually preference in my experience with other people, but I prefer soft cap for myself.

14. Hello. Thank you for the effort of writing a guide.
    I am a new priest, heading to level 68, and I have been playing holy/disc for the entire leveling, mainly queuing dungeons.
    However, because in wotlk I want to do a lot of questing since I like the story there, I am thinking of dual speccing as Shadow.
    Do you have any tips until I reach level 80 and start gearing?
    For example, before mind sear, is there any aoe rotation for DPS in dungeons, except applying dots to every mob?

Thank you!

First ... 34567 Last