1. I think the context was meant as in the story and world that blizzard crafted. I personally would never back up or support in any way ''custom expansions'' for the same reason. The difference between game developers with long history and bunch of neckbeards in their mancaves crafting expansion is huge.
    Now granted,nobody made a request but just tried to feed his/her curiosity so why the lash out - no idea.
    But that being said,even common sense would dictate that yes,if you wanted to,and would have the team to do it with the knowledge required,you prity much could craft your own warcraft. the question is how long it would take,how many developers with.....look,simply put,to do what the OP asks,you'd need a copy of Blizzard's team.
    Unless you plan to use already available assets,in which case you'd still need a department full of coders,3D artists,story writers and a train's worth of other people of specific skill.
    Ah, I don't really follow any story/lores of the games I play. But I personally wouldn't say private servers are here for the story of the game.
    If someone wants to play WoW for the lore, then it'd be a bit silly to play the private servers, as you're not going to be capable of always following the story.
    For the full effect of story-line gameplay, retail would be the only way forward. Seeming it has the constant updates and none of these "nonsense" ideas he seems to hate. :P

Like. That dude's response seems like he is deeply in love with the lore of the game so much that suggestions which may altar it in the slightest gets too him.
    If a person enjoys the lore that much, why would you not want the constant lore updates from the actual game while a private server is going to take decades for you to actually enjoy the lore to the fullest. :/
    & If "money is the issue", then you'd think how cheap WoW has gotten, if you loved the lore/game so much, you'd be more than happy to pay the pocket change it now costs. :L

Just confuzzles me that he believes anyone who has a thought/idea like this should be severely punished but yet he believes in the freedom of expressing ideas. He makes no sense! :P
    Edited: August 17, 2015

2. When they host wow servers with extracted vmaps and hmaps, they cross border, and broke toc and other user agreements. Imagine custom patchs and other content? I can guess blizzard will sue them.
    Edited: August 17, 2015

First 12