1. Custom Expansions

First of all, I realise this is far fetched but it is just a curiosity of mine, possible of other people aswell.

Is it possible, from a technical point of view, for Warmane to create custom expansions?

Let's assume, for the sake of the argument that, at some point, Warmane is no longer "happy" with the direction WoW takes and decides it wants to do something grand and create it's own blizzlike realm but with custom expansions.

Is that possible from a technical point of view? As far as I know, maps can be created, mobs, spells, loot tables and scripts aswell. Would it be possible, again from a technical point of view, for Warmane to add completely new features aswell like say for example a new profession? I'm imagining a new class is doable (although spectacularly hard when it comes to balancing) ?

Again, this is a completely hypothetical discussion, I am not asking for such a realm (although I think Warmane has the resources to pull something spectacular in regards to this), I am only curious about the technical limitations when it comes to such a thing.

2. I believe it could be possible, although not entirely sure.
    I've been on "custom" pservers before where they increase the maximum levels, create new classes/races and such. Although never found them fun myself.
    I'm guessing if a profession is capable of being edited/changed then it's possible new ones could be created.

It's a fun though to have, but could you imagine all the work behind creating a custom expansion?

3. I've seen custom bosses classes and races, but I've never seen custom professions or maps. I guess it might be possible but I imagine it'd be insane work.

4. Is it possible to add new arenas and bgs to older expansions?

5. Is it possible to add new arenas and bgs to older expansions?
    It depends on whether or not those new BGs or Arenas use new code, I guess? Without replacing everything it might be difficult to tell, but if they use new code it wouldn't really work. They might rely on things that don't exist in whatever expansion you're trying to put them into.

6. Is it possible to add new arenas and bgs to older expansions?
    I feel asif I've played a wotlk with newer arena arenas before.
    If it's possible to create custom maps, I believe it'd make adding newer arena/bg maps possible as well.
    Although could be totally way off with this and memory could be wrong.
    Like Slywyn said above, I guess it would also matter if those maps would contain something only that expansion would have.
    I also feel like it would probably be a little easier adding newer arenas than it would be for BG's.

7. is it possible, yes. are our dev's capable of doing it, probably. would it be worth the effort? probably not.

8. Custom maps no, custom items/npcs/quest,pretty much any server-side stuff yes.

9. Is that possible from a technical point of view? As far as I know, maps can be created, mobs, spells, loot tables and scripts aswell. Would it be possible, again from a technical point of view, for Warmane to add completely new features aswell like say for example a new profession? I'm imagining a new class is doable (although spectacularly hard when it comes to balancing) ?
    Absolutely technical. I have developed a server with fully functional maps, professions, gems, 40 man raids, new difficulties, and so forth.

The problem is the time consumption. To create a single gem would take around 30 minutes adding it to the database, profession, and the MPQ folder. To create a new map would take many months, if not years.

Spells are simple, and would take a few hours with a simple script and database modifications. Mobs are easy to create if it exists. It would only cause issues if its a new model. Scripts simple again. Just add database modifications to a creature and problem solved.

Professions are simple to do also. Takes around a day or two to create. It would take many weeks however, to create how it would work, and adding all the items and functionality for the profession.

Unfortunately, my ideas for my server were discontinued when Blizzard decided to copy all my ideas with Sargeras and the Old Gods. As a result, I cannot make them come to life without being sued by Blizzard. Three years of development and thoughts down the drain.

10. Is it possible to add new arenas and bgs to older expansions?
    New arena is the same as adding a new dungeon. Create the environment for arena, which would take perhaps a month or so. Then add it to the Battleground Queue, done through a five minute database edit. The only problem would then be the existing functionality. I believe the functionality would be found from the database for the timer and kills (gold and green team for example). That would take around a day or so to configure. Ultimately depends on whether existing or new functionality is required.

- - Update - -
    I am only curious about the technical limitations when it comes to such a thing.
    Essentially, this would not be feasible. Any custom content created on Warmane has to be represented through the MPQ patch, known as patch-3. Then, Warmane would have to add their own content to patch-4 then every single person would have to download this file to see the content. Would players want to do this? No. This is why it's unlikely for this to happen for the inconvenience players would have to go through.

Otherwise, you will see a bunch of random red ? question marks, and errors when trying access content without the patch. It could also lead to texture issues and a lot of other unnecessary problems.
    Edited: August 17, 2015

11. I realize that most of the players that post on this forum,have no clue about what WoW meant and still means.Everyday,this freedom of expressing ideas is misunderstood and players ask for all kind of nonsense,these threads should be closed immediately and the one who creates them must be severely punished.

12. I realize that most of the players that post on this forum,have no clue about what WoW meant and still means.Everyday,this freedom of expressing ideas is misunderstood and players ask for all kind of nonsense,these threads should be closed immediately and the one who creates them must be severely punished.
    Perhaps you missed this part of my post:

"Again, this is a completely hypothetical discussion, I am not asking for such a realm (although I think Warmane has the resources to pull something spectacular in regards to this), I am only curious about the technical limitations when it comes to such a thing."

Either that, or you fail to grasp the meaning of the two words "hypothetical" and "discussion".

13. I realize that most of the players that post on this forum,have no clue about what WoW meant and still means.Everyday,this freedom of expressing ideas is misunderstood and players ask for all kind of nonsense,these threads should be closed immediately and the one who creates them must be severely punished.
    Why are so you mad that someone is just wondering if it's possible to do these things.
    Is that really such a bad thing, to think?
    Maybe people who get mad and start hating on posts which need no hate should be severely punished and dismissed from the forums for life.
    Englighten us, what did WoW mean and what does it still means? World of Warcraft, right? Or possibly you have a deep story about how the game is your life, you breathe WoW, you think WoW, you love WoW, maybe you can't live without the thought of WoW and the thought of people changing your love is crushing your spirits?

Please don't be so silly and butthurt that someone is ONLY THINKING if this is possible.
    "freedom of expressing ideas" and you're on about ideas what are NOT ideas, but only thoughts, should be punished? You are on meth, crack or heroin.
    Do you understand what FREEDOM means? If I am free to express my ideas, that means you wouldn't be punished for it.

So next time before getting cross/mad over posts like this, which crush your spirits..
    READ THE ACTUAL POST. You'll notice he isn't actually asking for a realm like this, but is only wondering from a technical point of view if this is possible.

**** PS. Please note that most of the time when I use the word mad, I don't refer to people being so mad that they throw things, yell or start splurring out hate. A lot of people take the word 'mad' and think too much about being mad ****
    Edited: August 17, 2015

14. Why are so you mad that someone is just wondering if it's possible to do these things.
    Is that really such a bad thing, to think?
    Maybe people who get mad and start hating on posts which need no hate should be severely punished and dismissed from the forums for life.
    Englighten us, what did WoW mean and what does it still means? World of Warcraft, right? Or possibly you have a deep story about how the game is your life, you breathe WoW, you think WoW, you love WoW, maybe you can't live without the thought of WoW and the thought of people changing your love is crushing your spirits?

Please don't be so silly and butthurt that someone is ONLY THINKING if this is possible.
    "freedom of expressing ideas" and you're on about ideas what are NOT ideas, but only thoughts, should be punished? You are on meth, crack or heroin.
    Do you understand what FREEDOM means? If I am free to express my ideas, that means you wouldn't be punished for it.

So next time before getting cross/mad over posts like this, which crush your spirits..
    READ THE ACTUAL POST. You'll notice he isn't actually asking for a realm like this, but is only wondering from a technical point of view if this is possible.

**** PS. Please note that most of the time when I use the word mad, I don't refer to people being so mad that they throw things, yell or start splurring out hate. A lot of people take the word 'mad' and think too much about being mad ****
    I think the context was meant as in the story and world that blizzard crafted. I personally would never back up or support in any way ''custom expansions'' for the same reason. The difference between game developers with long history and bunch of neckbeards in their mancaves crafting expansion is huge.
    Now granted,nobody made a request but just tried to feed his/her curiosity so why the lash out - no idea.
    But that being said,even common sense would dictate that yes,if you wanted to,and would have the team to do it with the knowledge required,you prity much could craft your own warcraft. the question is how long it would take,how many developers with.....look,simply put,to do what the OP asks,you'd need a copy of Blizzard's team.
    Unless you plan to use already available assets,in which case you'd still need a department full of coders,3D artists,story writers and a train's worth of other people of specific skill.

12 Last