1. Rogue bugs, rumors and speculations

Talk to any rogue about PvP, and their strategy will vary wildly from the next. They all swear by the spec they use, claiming it to be the best-- be it sub, assassin or combat. Sometimes they have secrets to great success, while usually they have no idea what they're talking about and could actually be doing a lot better. There are some things in particular that stand out, however, which I intend to research personally.

Assassin Mastery

Talking to an assassin rogue, they might say something like "Well, Mastery is bugged so I stack as much as I can." Apparently under Assassin spec Mastery effects the damage dealt by poisons-- which compared to previous expansions is much, much greater this time around. Without poisons on any rogue spec, it almost feels like I'm doing half the damage I do *with* poisons equipped. I have not yet tested the difference stacking mastery might make on Assassin spec damage. Could there be any weight behind this idea?

PvE Trinkets

A lot of rogues I talk to seem to indicate the best damage is dealt due to "buggy" PvE trinkets. Which trinkets are they referring to, exactly? In what way are they bugged? I mean, I have Vicious Talisman of the Shadow-pan Assault which I use for PvE. Would the extra agility granted by this trinket be better than lesser agility + PvP Power that Grievous trinkets give? Is it bugged in a way that gives more than one agility buff perhaps? This leads me to--

"PvP Power does nothing!"

I've heard more than one rogue tell me this, but I can't confirm or deny it. It sounds kind of ridiculous. Some rogues will say it just doesn't work in world PvP, but works in arena/battlegrounds, while other rogues have said that it *used* to be this way but has been fixed since then. But then, perhaps this is the reason people use PvE trinkets?
    Edited: August 17, 2015

2. Hi Watamote, I think we duo'd the other day :D
    PvE trinkets rock, not because they are buggy, but bec. 2 of the 3 rogue specs benefit more from agility and mastery ( well, they all benefit, but combat and sub benefit more with sub's x% increase in total agility and combat's x% in total damage) I think they are talking about Bad Juju and as well as the trink you have.
    I was even mistaken to be hacking damage last season when i had Bottle of Infinite Stars(kinda like Bad Juju w/o the gnomes) for critting people 160-190k 1-3 times in a burst as sub.

About the PvP power, I heard the same, but even if it did something, I'd still say Agility>PvP power

3. Ah. Thanks for the quality answer. I will have to get my hands on that Bad Juju trinket. :D