1. Combat Rogue - PvE Viable

Hi there

I've recently started on this server, as I have been feeling rather nostalgic of the great WOTLK days, I've been reading through the many threads and topics in this forum regarding rogue dps and spec viability. So just as the title states
    I would be asking are Combat Rogues viable in PvE (looking to raid in ICC, RS); and if they are what would their average dps numbers be ? or would assassination be a more viable spec with higher numbers?

Thank You :D

2. rogues are not viable, regardless the spec.

3. rogues are not viable, regardless the spec.
    ^ this is not true. Good combat is great to have in raid. They do about the same dmg as fdks/rets and provide 1 more unique buff.

4. combat rogues are top dps - in most encounters they are able to outdps all other dps specs.
    for example the average dps numbers of my rogue (icc25n)

lord - 18k
    lady - 15k
    gsb - idk
    dbs - 22k
    rot - 18k
    fest - 17k
    pp - 19k
    bpc - 11k
    bql - depends on bite order
    vdw - idk
    sind - 12k (worst encounter for rogues)
    lk - 16k

those numbers are the average numbers - ofc my damage can be lower or higher (proccs play an important role aswell)

i consider c.rogue the best dps spec atm

5. rogues are not viable, regardless the spec.
    Oh you're one those guys who hate rogues.

6. combat rogues are top dps - in most encounters they are able to outdps all other dps specs.
    for example the average dps numbers of my rogue (icc25n)

lord - 18k
    lady - 15k
    gsb - idk
    dbs - 22k
    rot - 18k
    fest - 17k
    pp - 19k
    bpc - 11k
    bql - depends on bite order
    vdw - idk
    sind - 12k (worst encounter for rogues)
    lk - 16k

those numbers are the average numbers - ofc my damage can be lower or higher (proccs play an important role aswell)

i consider c.rogue the best dps spec atm

Nice dps man and couldnt agree more comabt rogue is fun spec to play been playing a feral dps since moltdown but as soon as recover my donor account I will make a human combat rogue.