View Poll Results: Should Lordaeron have RDF available?

Voters
193. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

124 64.25%
  • No

49 25.39%
  • When ICC is released

20 10.36%
  1. Random Dungeon Finder

I've seen a lot of people supporting the idea of disabling RDF for a couple of months, so people would do it the old way and so on. However, I consider this measure unnecessary since those who prefer travelling to the instance can still do it, while the others can manually queue for a random dungeon or even a specific one, saving time, money and players going AFK. There are players that simply can do the dungeon the old way, but what satisfies them the most is knowing that the others are doing just like them, giving them a feeling that they suppress,force and annoy the others to play how they desire, which is absurd. It makes no sense to disable this tool as those who want to play the old way are free to do it, while the others can simply use the dungeon finder and both types of players should be be satisfied.
    Random Dungeon Finder is a tool that offers the new or lonely players the chance to interact with the others and form bonds,cause they will meet random people,in random places,unlike those private parties that invite only specific players,guild members,real life friends and so on, which means that this tool has more utility than most of you may think.

Think rationally, why would there be a disabled tool that would make no difference to those who wouldn't use it anyway,but it will be a huge help for the rest of the community.
    Edited: August 22, 2015

2. The argument is that RDF was introduced in 3.3 and that it should stay disabled till ICC...

I am neither against or for the disabling of RDF, as I don't mind either... but a poll would be nice.

3. Well we'll be playing with 3.3 talents and skills. Why not use 3.3 features aswell?

4. "Progression" If it becomes enabled, it should be with the release of ICC, however i think it shouldn't, semi-forcing people to actually leave citys and head to the instances, and also prevent those Que-Speedrun-Sploiters from RDFHC's of past realms.

5. You are all wrong,we will be playing with all 3.3.5 mechanics ,talents,skills etc, but some raids will be disabled,this is the great "progression ". Otherwise,it would require us all to download another wow torrent.

6. Yes, no-one is denying that the progression is a mere enabling and disabling features.

However, it's been voted (rather poorly done) to disable the RDF for now.. I'd like to see a proper poll, not just people randomy choosing a,b or c in their posts...

7. Well we'll be playing with 3.3 talents and skills. Why not use 3.3 features aswell?
    According to your logic,when Naxxramas will be the first raid we should have 3.0 or something like that. 3.1 for Ulduar and 3.2 for Toc,right? Well,no,we will have 3.3.5 but with disabled raids,that's "progression"

8. Think rationally, why would there be a disabled tool that would make no difference to those who wouldn't use it anyway,but it will be a huge help for the rest of the community.
    Thinking rationally, why would you play on a server that right from the start was explicitly declared as "not for everyone" if it won't have features that are a deal breaker for you? Just come back later when that feature is active, assuming the original idea of not having RDF at all isn't revisited.

9. Thinking rationally, why would you play on a server that right from the start was explicitly declared as "not for everyone" if it won't have features that are a deal breaker for you? Just come back later when that feature is active, assuming the original idea of not having RDF at all isn't revisited.
    It wasn't about me,as I was doing dungeons the "old " way,but I was thinking about the others.Moreover,if a moderator posted such a comment,then it's all clear that there will be no RDF for some time,there's no need of polls and votes,case closed.

10. Thinking rationally, why would you play on a server that right from the start was explicitly declared as "not for everyone" if it won't have features that are a deal breaker for you? Just come back later when that feature is active, assuming the original idea of not having RDF at all isn't revisited.
    If you bothered to reply me,can you also tell us if we will have 3.3.5 mechanics or we'll have to get 3.0, 3.1,3.2 and 3.3 versions? Thank you in advance.

11. It wasn't about me,as I was doing dungeons the "old " way,but I was thinking about the others.Moreover,if a moderator posted such a comment,then it's all clear that there will be no RDF for some time,there's no need of polls and votes,case closed.
    Whether it was about you or "others," the reply is the same. The "no RDF" is there in the list of design features, not in a poll thread. While some of those could be up to debate and be changed, they are the ones with the least chance of changing, I believe. They are the parameters used as a foundation for the idea of creating Lordaeron in the first place. The talks about it being disabled only temporarily is as far as I believe the matter would go, since as far as I'm aware the original intent was to never have the feature in the server.

If you bothered to reply me,can you also tell us if we will have 3.3.5 mechanics or we'll have to get 3.0, 3.1,3.2 and 3.3 versions? Thank you in advance.
    You'd need a Developer to answer that. I think we'll have 3.3.5 mechanics, barring possible exceptions like the ones being discussed in polls. That would make the progression "artificial," but still a better alternative than coding mechanics that would be used only for a couple months and then ditched.

12. If you bothered to reply me,can you also tell us if we will have 3.3.5 mechanics or we'll have to get 3.0, 3.1,3.2 and 3.3 versions? Thank you in advance.
    Everything is scripted for 3.3.5

Seems like wasted effort and time to script each mini patch independently

13. The poll would be nice. My vote would definitely be in favor of enabled RDF. Ofc, i'd still play regardless, since it wouldn't be a big deal. But with it, i'd do more dungeons than without it which improves the feeling of leveling. In my opinion just a few people would bother to go from Kalimdor to EK or vice-versa to do a dungeon, thus making it very hard to form a group. Then, imagine wipe after wipe in that (crappy) group. Even less people would decide to try to form a group and do another dungeon after previous bad experience. The groups that would do dungeons while leveling would be probably formed out of guild members or friends. Doesn't seem like that would improve social aspect of the game. That's just how i see it, but i may be wrong, and it may be a good thing to disable RDF at start.

14. Enabled rdf would win by a miles ;)

15. I think RDF is very important, especially while levelling. If you disable RDF for not being available until ICC, you might as well disable Dual Spec and Inscription. Also disable Blood elf, Draenei and Jwelcrafting, and minimum level for riding should be 40 until TBC... You get the point. :) RDF is a a quality of life feature that makes the game more fun.

12311 ... Last