View Poll Results: Should Lordaeron have RDF available?

Voters
193. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

124 64.25%
  • No

49 25.39%
  • When ICC is released

20 10.36%
  1. Actually getting magically teleported to dungeon makes no sense.
    Because dragons, demons, balls of fire/frost, people charging at 60 km/h, etc, make perfect sense.

2. Actually getting magically teleported to dungeon makes no sense.
    Best argument ever, my friend, especially in a fantasy MMORPG. Like... nevermind. I'm goin out to chop the head of everyone getting nearby with my axe while I'm turning around at the speed of light.

3. Only ppl that havent played real wow back in the days can come up with such thread and aberrations in their posts. How dumb can you be to say that if there wont be a RDF it will kill the dungeons, or that a guild is a must or you wont have any chance what-so-ever?
    Let me guess, 99% of the ppl who want RDF are:
    - the ppl that hit queue and go afk
    - the ppl that always cry about GS, for being to big (yes i'm a GS whore, deal with it)
    - the ppl after 3-4-5-6-7 years never managed to understood the class they play
    -- the ppl that will never ever manage to do a full raid ( yes pugs, you, you the guys that will always fail at PP, at BQL, at Sindy) because they dont want to learn, and due to their selfishness like to drag other ppl down with them.
    - Oh, but no no no no, lets just pretend that a Looking for Group, Global, General channels dont exists, let pretend that 99.99% of dungeons are NOT in the exact same zone level where you're questing, and for no way possible what-so-ever to get the guys in different regions there ("cough" summon stone "cough"). But oh no no no, lets just pretend all of this dont exist.

Yes, i'm an elitist bastard that will never ever join a leveling guild (wow.. i solo till max level, and yet i dont cry and manage just fine, yes its HARD i know, realy it is :D), will never join a progressive guild (why in hell name would i join a guild that like to wipe 100 times, just because a guy dont like to use more than 1 neuron in hes head), and will ALWAYS ONLY join a guild just because of what can that guild DO for ME, and NOT what i can do for them. And dont worry, i didnt forget noobs wispers either, i`ll never even help a noob that like to demand assistance, instead of saying PLEASE.

You want something ret@rded easy?? dont warry, blizzard managed to do that for you, its called CATACLYSM.
    You're beyond ******ed. If you knew ANYTHING about leveling in the good old days you would not speak like this. It was beyond time consuming to run across the world to do dungeons, not having a mount until level 40 just made the game really slow. Think it was called world of walking cause it sound funny? Some people that have played a long time do get lazy and thats why its so nice with an RDF. It has absolutely nothing to do with being a;

- gs whore
    - not knowing your class
    -never managed to raid
    -afk while in queue

It's just very neat and handy after you leveled your 23483 toon. Do I want the rdf? Yes. Am I any of the above things you mentioned? No. Will Lordaeron have an RDF? I guess not. Am I crying? Hell no. What you dont seem to get is that this is just a voice of opinion. If maybe you were an elitist in real life you would realize that caring about others opinion and actually cry like a baby about it too, is to no avail. Good luck to you sir.
    Edited: August 25, 2015

4. I meant "sense" in GAME WORLD context. Of course WoW doesn't make any sense in REAL LIFE context but that's not the point... RPing is not pretending. You're RPing the moment you make your character in WoW and it's up to you if you want in your game immersion ruining elements or not. An RPG that has a lot of immersion ruining elements isn't a real RPG and Blizzard kept adding such elements into WoW since WotLK.
    Edited: August 25, 2015

5. I meant "sense" in GAME WORLD context. Of course WoW doesn't make any sense in REAL LIFE context but that's not the point... RPing is not pretending. You're RPing the moment you make your character in WoW and it's up to you if you want in your game immersion ruining elements or not. An RPG that has a lot of immersion ruining elements isn't a real RPG and Blizzard kept adding such elements into WoW since WotLK.
    In the game world, there are portals and teleportation spells. You can open a portal at the entrace on any dungeon. It makes perfect sense that you can get teleported there, as it's entirely possible to do.

6. But while you're using dungeon finder it doesn't tell you're steping into a portal or it's some kind of time warp. It's not explained anyhow, it's all meta.

7. But while you're using dungeon finder it doesn't tell you're steping into a portal or it's some kind of time warp. It's not explained anyhow, it's all meta.
    It's a portal made by Blizzard explained by the ancient lore of everything can't be explained through the lore ;).

8. You've enrolled in a militia program and whenever there's need of heroes a great mage comes riding on a gryphon and opens a portal for you to step in.

There.

9. I really hope RDF will be enabled at the very least for the vanilla areas. Lots of people including myself have leveled characters on x1 rates 3.3.5 so many times that it has become the total opposite of fun.
    I don't think anyone will do low level dungeons without the RDF tool because you wouldn't get the bonus exp for completing the dungeon and it is extremely time consuming to manually travel to each dungeon.
    After reading through a few of these threads it seems that Lordaeron is going to be quite popular and every leveling zone I imagine will be extremely busy, making the process even more tedious. I don't want to come across as a cry baby but I honestly don't think I'll play Lordaeron if I have to level solo by doing the same quests that everyone else would be doing. I don't have time for that kind of gaming anymore unfortunately.

We're all here to play Wrath of the Lich King, so why not compromise and disable RDF in Northrend, forcing players to travel to dungeons and perhaps encourage a bit of world pvp and lower the AFK-In-Dalaran population. A truely epic blizzlike experience in Northrend would be great, I don't think it's necessary for EK, Kalimdor and Outland.

10. I really hope RDF will be enabled at the very least for the vanilla areas. Lots of people including myself have leveled characters on x1 rates 3.3.5 so many times that it has become the total opposite of fun.
    I don't think anyone will do low level dungeons without the RDF tool because you wouldn't get the bonus exp for completing the dungeon and it is extremely time consuming to manually travel to each dungeon.
    After reading through a few of these threads it seems that Lordaeron is going to be quite popular and every leveling zone I imagine will be extremely busy, making the process even more tedious. I don't want to come across as a cry baby but I honestly don't think I'll play Lordaeron if I have to level solo by doing the same quests that everyone else would be doing. I don't have time for that kind of gaming anymore unfortunately.

We're all here to play Wrath of the Lich King, so why not compromise and disable RDF in Northrend, forcing players to travel to dungeons and perhaps encourage a bit of world pvp and lower the AFK-In-Dalaran population. A truely epic blizzlike experience in Northrend would be great, I don't think it's necessary for EK, Kalimdor and Outland.
    To be honest i'm sorry to say but it will be disabled all around... Even for low levels :)

11. Especially for low levels.

12. Actually getting magically teleported to dungeon makes no sense.
    Giant bats and Gryphons for transport, battle cow Taurens, an all corrupting hockey mask that gives you godly powers and a soul stealing sword....Yeah, that makes sense.

Disappearing from one place and reappearing in another...Whoa now, lets not get carried away.

13. I clicked yes for RDF.

I loved pre-RDF times, when we had to run through horde territory to enter Vailing caverns or Razorfen Kraul, or to rape nagas in 5 ppl on the way to BFD, but i am lazy last years, I became kind of fastfood dungeon enhusiast, like nearly all players. So, my lazy Me clicked it... :-D

(But i am still not that fastfooder kind of player like those hundreds in rdfs, quitting Nexus, Utgarde or Stratholme, because "its tooo long"...:) I set the boundary of my laziness exactly here...:D )

But frankly, I dont care, I look forward to have realm without RDF, its masochistic, but quite "old school"... :-)
    Edited: August 26, 2015

14. To those who say leveling will be overcrowded in the beginning and hence you need RDF to level with:

Besides that your argument is quite valid (yes, there will be hell of a crowd) i am pretty sure its also one of the main reasons the staff is against enabling RDF for leveling especially.
    Because with everyone well aware of the possible crowd and bloodbath (fighting each other for quest mobs and whatnot) 90% of people would not actually complete a quest past their lvl 10 starter area in order to avoid it. There will be enough population to run rdf with 200 groups at the same time with very little players remaining outside in the field to actually quest.
    Is that why the staff is working their *** off to fix 99.9% of quests right now? No.
    Do they want to see us sucking each others blood over every single NPC? Yes.
    Who would level faster still even after 90% of players are fapping in rdf and the questing areas are half empty? The ones running RDF all day.
    Would it be fair? No.
    I myself hate leveling in crowded areas, but I find grinding RDF for exp all day still much more boring. And yes I feel equality and a minor satisfaction in knowing everyone else will be forced to level the same way with quests.
    Running dungeons with a good group grinding gear and exp still remains an enjoyable and moderately swift and pleasant way of leveling even without RDF. It will remain a privilege of those who take the time and effort to do those dungeons instead of those who used to skip half bosses to do speedruns for the best possible exp.

15. To those who say leveling will be overcrowded in the beginning and hence you need RDF to level with:

Besides that your argument is quite valid (yes, there will be hell of a crowd) i am pretty sure its also one of the main reasons the staff is against enabling RDF for leveling especially.
    Because with everyone well aware of the possible crowd and bloodbath (fighting each other for quest mobs and whatnot) 90% of people would not actually complete a quest past their lvl 10 starter area in order to avoid it. There will be enough population to run rdf with 200 groups at the same time with very little players remaining outside in the field to actually quest.
    Is that why the staff is working their *** off to fix 99.9% of quests right now? No.
    Do they want to see us sucking each others blood over every single NPC? Yes.
    Who would level faster still even after 90% of players are fapping in rdf and the questing areas are half empty? The ones running RDF all day.
    Would it be fair? No.
    I myself hate leveling in crowded areas, but I find grinding RDF for exp all day still much more boring. And yes I feel equality and a minor satisfaction in knowing everyone else will be forced to level the same way with quests.
    Running dungeons with a good group grinding gear and exp still remains an enjoyable and moderately swift and pleasant way of leveling even without RDF. It will remain a privilege of those who take the time and effort to do those dungeons instead of those who used to skip half bosses to do speedruns for the best possible exp.
    It has little to do with the population and everything do with with the thought process and mindset regarding the RDF system.

The people who wait around for a pve que are the scum of the earth that ruined everything WoW was supposed to be.

However, if you wait around for your pvp que all day long...no one cares.

First ... 412131415 Last