1. MM or BM?

Right now I have a i473 BM hunter. It's going pretty well(around 55k on dummies is that low?) I'm still pretty new to it anyway, was wondering if MM is better then BM and if so, what kind of stat priorties does it have.

Also is there a particular pet I need for BM to increase DPS like how it was in WoTLK? Any additional tips would be well recommended as I have only ever played Tankadins and Warlocks.

I am also aware that stampede does not work at all, but that is the only one I am 100% aware of.

2. Statistically speaking, MM is the only viable arena spec for Hunters on Retail in this patch. Survival can also work doing healer/hunter, but MM is stronger.

The stat priority hunters use are
    hit cap>expertise cap(should be easy to get from gear, even after reforging expertise into crit)>crit>haste>mastery

Sadly, expertise doesn't even work here, and I recall missing many times, even though I'm hit capped.

You can try out maxing hit and seeing if you are still missing. I haven't played on my hunter in quite some time sadly (fire mage so fun :3) so not sure if hit is still bugged or not. If you are missing on targets while hit capped then the stat priority here is:

crit>haste>mastery

You would like to use an exotic pet for BM. I would aim for a pet with a CC ability, like a shale spider, since all pets can now go into ferocity. As for IF your pet should be ferocity is another question altogether. In arena environments, Roar of Sacrifice is king. Only Cunning pets can get this ability though. However Cunning pets don't do as much damage as Ferocity, and BM kind of needs that damage. This is why most top hunters didn't play as BM, but rather MM, as they could take a CC pet, spec it into Cunning, have RoS, and not lose much damage.

Hope that helps!

Edit: Err, I thought this was PvP. if its for PvE, then I got no clue :D.

3. Statistically speaking, MM is the only viable arena spec for Hunters on Retail in this patch. Survival can also work doing healer/hunter, but MM is stronger.
    I think hes talking about PvE too. Also i think hes talking about Warmane, not retail :P

I dont play mop anymore, but BM use to be the best some time ago, for pvp and pve.
    Edited: August 21, 2015

4. I think hes talking about PvE too. Also i think hes talking about Warmane, not retail :P

I dont play mop anymore, but BM use to be the best some time ago, for pvp and pve.
    Arena ladders even here only have MM hunters near the top (if any, its a bit surprising how few hunters are in the top compared to retail...)

BM was positively bugged a few months ago, so that might be why many people had rolled BM. It then got fixed, and then negatively bugged so everyone stopped.

I can't comment on how it stands for PvE now though, since I rarely get to play and do PvE on my mage if I ever do go.

BM just isn't a strong PvP spec because of its reliance on pet damage, forcing the hunter to go ferocity and lose RoS.

5. If you about to do PvP mainly, then you should go for MM as first specialization and Surv as your second. MM is clearly the speec that does the most dmg and has a better survavability than Survival because of it's passive 'Concussive Barrage' which can be very helpful if a bunch of melees is focusing you. However the Surv spec can be more helpful in arena matches, since the dots doin a decent amount of dmg and can keep both, enemy 1 and 2, under shelling. In addition to the endorsement of the surv spec is that you can play hide and seek while your dots are ticking.

If you are aiming on PVE then i suggest you to play BM. I havn't tested it on here yet, but BM was the best PVE spec on any server that i was playing on.
    Edited: August 22, 2015