1. WotLK with WoD character models

First of all thank you Warmane for making these available in your new WotLK client. I believe this is a great feature and I do not say it lightly. However, the current state of this client is incomplete and not working properly, which in a nutshell is far from being ready to be released. Many related posts plus the original announcement [now deleted] detail the issues with the client, so I will not talk about it here.

I honestly could not find a complete alternative out there, aside of the guideline DIY by phantomx, which requires a lot of work to implement and makes no sense if we all have to go trough it, reinventing the wheel in every instance.

In case anyone of you want to try an alternative to Warmane's client, which is already implemented, I found this one; the video description is in Spanish, but the procedure is so simple that it does not matter if you can understand it or not, you just need to copy the compressed 3x files and that's it [or delete them to revert the patching]. I scanned them with several AV/Malware and they seem clean. The patch works, for all character models I tried [including Draenei and Blood Elfs], but it seems to have some issues as well, from which I noticed:

1. Goblin NPCs do not show textures and appear in solid green color.
    2. Some NPCs in Dalaran have scrambled facial textures.

In case you want to try it and share your experience in the thread, go ahead. The author seems keen on updating the file with fixes according to his comments in YouTube; so post there as well if you find something worth sharing/reporting.

@Warmane: Are you still working on the new WotLK client with WoD character models? Would you share an ETA [+- ballpark/rough estimate at the least] for a reasonable release version of it? Thanks!

/---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: according to FC the compressed 3x files listed above two are no more than the same Wow.exe from the 3.3.5a [old] client and Patch-J.mpq from Clockworkapple23. The third one is not binary the same, but could be a [newer] variant of Patch-V.mpq from chaos1921. Does anyone know if the patched file/s of the 3.3.5a [new] client are developed in-house or are also based on the same file/s from Modcraft?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------/
    Edited: September 1, 2015

2. Thanks for that :) works great for me.

3. Gracias ^_^

Edit: Alas, it has issues too. Aside from what was mentioned in OP, two draenei hairstyles aren't working, a bunch of dwarf hairstyles and 1 hair color, 1 undead hairstyle has coloring option missing, blood elf eye brows won't change (or is that normal?), one female orc hairstyle doesn't work.

Ya, that's all I caught on to so far. It's the most complete patch I've seen. Females are almost entirely working, as far as I can tell. Just males need some more work. As far as in-game problems, well I haven't played enough to speak to that yet.

Edit 2: Seems they forgot dwarven feet...they look like mashed flesh.
    Edited: August 28, 2015

4. Some more bugs i experienced:

Not only goblins, but also most Dwarven city guards have green textures + some Ogrimar guards.

Also every blood elf i encountered has a weird face texture which looks like a pixel soup.
    Different (besides myself) human chars have low texture face resolution.
    Some animation doesnt work 100%
    Female Orc doesnt have any Emote animations at all.
    Sounds doesnt play for some races (like you hear no laughing when you type /laugh)
    Green texture for random npcs.

5. WoD Models for WotLK [Patch-J.mpq]

Have you tried using a WotLK client with only Patch-J.mpq from Clockworkapple23? The patching is done on the WotLK [old] 3.3.5a client by simply 'copy+paste' the .mpq file on its data folder [and 'delete' the .mpq file to undo the patching]. If you are skilled with modding, you could try to fix OP's listed .mpq files further; let us know if you come up with better versions of these files.

6. The one I'm using it's from manupa14, He released several ones,

here: https://www.reddit.com/r/wowservers/...a_cata_server/

Since Konattchi doesn't have belfs and undead nor draenei

7. WoD Models for CATA [Reloaded]

The one I'm using it's from manupa14, He released several ones, here. Since Konattchi doesn't have belfs and undead nor draenei.
    Thank you for the nice feedback. Your post is related to a previous one from another thread; unfortunately, it was moved to Support & Q/A, which is a synonym of 'scheduled for deletion' [I don't know why they do that; I mean I don't mind if they move it, but don't delete it]. I guess it is in the end much more useful for the CATA community that you posted here, even when this one is exclusively talking about the WotLK client. In seek of completeness for all the other readers of the current thread, the patch by Konattchi for CATA clients is located here. Best wishes!

8. To fix the issues one has to extract all the new baked npc textures and convert them to wotlk then import it.

9. WoD Models for WotLK [Request]

To fix the issues one has to extract all the new baked npc textures and convert them to wotlk then import it.
    Excellent. Could you do it and share the resulting patch files [link to download + patching guideline]? Sadly, I have no clue about modding or time to learn how to do it myself at the moment. I'm sure it would be very much appreciated by the entire WotLK community to have a complete/working client with the WoD models. Thanks a lot in advance!

Spoiler: Show
    PS: no confirmation is understood as you are not making it and the task is still open for someone else up to the challenge. =/
    Edited: September 3, 2015

10. Oh yeah... Didn't notice this was another Thread by itself. And yeah I agree. This forum has so many boards many of them are just recycle bins for my eyes. since noone ever checks any of them. Except the main general ones.

11. I think the above problems are listed, because the patch is not for WOTLK rather it is for Cataclysm. Thats why goblins have green textures, because they got new textures in cata

12. Excellent. Could you do it and share the resulting patch files [link to download + patching guideline]? Sadly, I have no clue about modding or time to learn how to do it myself at the moment. I'm sure it would be very much appreciated by the entire WotLK community to have a complete/working client with the WoD models. Thanks a lot in advance!

Spoiler: Show
    PS: no confirmation is understood as you are not making it and the task is still open for someone else up to the challenge. =/
    I'd rather not, the whole process on earlier expansions than MoP is hard to do especially when im not sure how the names are handled in the dbc files (database). They are weird algorithms for textures that came out earlier than mid tbc.

Plus that it's impossible to get a fully working patch out. There is always stuff which will be missing such as undead being utterly broken and cant ever be fixed without destroying the whole model.

13. NPCs have WoD models with this client?

14. my wow client crashes whenever i try to login to a character on my server o.o.....

Btw do i need to put the dbc files from the patch into the server folder btw ? ( in the realm dbc folder )

its the patch J that gives me error

OK nevermind... its something about my other patches.
    Edited: January 29, 2016

15. Hello guys, I have downloaded the Wotlk client with the new WoD models but i don't see any difference on the blood elf and draenei, the other races are fine.
    Have they removed the blood elf and draenei from that client or what?

12 Last