1. GTA 5 on laptop

I have laptop with these spec: i7 - 3610QM 2.3Ghz up to 3.3Ghz (turbo boost) Nvidia Geforce 610M (2GB) 4GB ram. 5400 rmp HDD 1TB.

System req lab show me i can run game minimum but when i try run it its lag some times any solution? Installation bad? No tweak? Lower videos? I run now 1360 rez but when i lover to 1340x rez i get 1sec random lag.

I just should upgrade up to 8GB and see what happens more ;D

Any tips are welcome. I don't want play ultra i just want try game no lag low that all.

2. Upgrade would make it better for sure.

Nothing you can do about the Video Card, It's getting a bit old ^^

You should just get an SSD to boost that, it should run fine once you get one.

The harddrive is slow, if it was an harddrive with 7200 RPM's it would run alright, but It's really slow.

So, just to clarify: Get a kit of 4GB, which in my country is like 30€, an SSD you can afford, try and get one with 250/256GB's.

3. Upgrade would make it better for sure.

Nothing you can do about the Video Card, It's getting a bit old ^^

You should just get an SSD to boost that, it should run fine once you get one.

The harddrive is slow, if it was an harddrive with 7200 RPM's it would run alright, but It's really slow.

So, just to clarify: Get a kit of 4GB, which in my country is like 30€, an SSD you can afford, try and get one with 250/256GB's.
    What..Okay, you do know that your storage has absolutely nothing to do with how well your game runs, right? You can get a freaking Samsung 850 pro and the only thing that will change is how fast your game LOADS.
    "Get a kit of 4 GB" is a nice idea. Except that the OP is using a laptop, which makes things more complicated.

Either way, turn all your settings to low(Normal in this case), check for driver updates, make sure there are no background programs running. Laptops won't really get you good performance in AAA titles, even tho yours seems pretty good. Thermal is a big issue as it underclocks your CPU

4. With a 610M, you aint running anything.... I cant even play something as simple as Dishonored which is a wonderfully optimised game.

I dont even think GTA5 it would run on anything less than a GTX 750.

5. With a 610M, you aint running anything.... I cant even play something as simple as Dishonored which is a wonderfully optimised game.

I dont even think GTA5 it would run on anything less than a GTX 750.
    A friend of mine was actually able to run it on a GTX 620(or at least 6XX, not really sure if was a 620) @720p. I doubt it was very smooth tho

6. What..Okay, you do know that your storage has absolutely nothing to do with how well your game runs, right? You can get a freaking Samsung 850 pro and the only thing that will change is how fast your game LOADS.
    "Get a kit of 4 GB" is a nice idea. Except that the OP is using a laptop, which makes things more complicated.

Either way, turn all your settings to low(Normal in this case), check for driver updates, make sure there are no background programs running. Laptops won't really get you good performance in AAA titles, even tho yours seems pretty good. Thermal is a big issue as it underclocks your CPU
    I do... That's the thing, otherwise I wouldn't be writing...

It does help alot processing textures of the game itself and stuff... There are alot of laptops with those problems (especially on GTA V), it's nothing to due with the CPU if that's what you think...

I've been using laptops for years, RAM isn't that hard to upgrade... You can get a kit of 4GB for 30€, and if you don't think you can do it without damaging something, you can ask a shop to do it for you. But ofcourse, the cost will add up.

It is true, that his video card is a bit old, but still, he can try and run the game... If he can on low settings, great, if not (which will problably happen), not play the game at all, leave it for another time... From what I've been told, the game isn't that great, it's fun and all, but still, I have friends that regret paying 60€ for it when it came out...
    Edited: September 1, 2015

7. I'm struggling to see the complicated part of upgrading laptop RAM.

8. Ofc more ram would help along with ssd since its not only improving system loading. Tho i would advice to not play gta or any newer games on ur laptop since u can damage ur insides with temp. Just save some dollars and on december u can get decent desktop.