1. The Economy on Frostwolf

Greetings, I just wanted to open a topic about the economy on the server.
    Personally I think that there are a lots of unfair prices, specially on Profession Materials. Once I sold 20 Heavy Leather for 500g, on the next day I tried to sell the same amount 100g cheaper, and nothing happened. The prices had changed completly in one day. Copper Ore, wich is a cheap material, is being sold by 40g each unit. I don't know, honestly I don't understand much about the economy on WoW, but I can cleary see that the prices are unbalanced, unstable and way too expensive.
    What is your opinion about this?

P.S: I am playing on the Alliance

2. Welcome To WoW Where Not Everyone Has A PHD In Economics.

In other words, people are ******ed. Yet you could use that to your own advantage depending on the item you are trying to sell or buy.

3. I farmed that Cooper Ore and I can choose the amount for which to sell it, its up to you to decide if you will buy it or not.
    Also, its my own right to sell Cloth for one copper if I wish so.

4. Well, the problem is that people put over expensive prices on the AH. Making the economy unbalanced and making other players stop to going to the AH, to buy or sell. I check the AH every day to see profession materials, but I see copper ores more expensive than more valuable ores.

5. Prices on low item level materials are perfectly fine. People are not farming this stuff so cooper ore may be more expensive than ghost iron ore is. These items are that expensive, because some players training for example tailoring, prefer to spend 5-15k on low cloths instead of just wasting an hour or two farming those. This seems just so obvious.
    The problem with economy or the prices that I see are stupid people who lower the prices of some items. Like when I see certain item being sold for 3k gold, I post mine for 2998 and some guy posts 15 items for 500g, minute later people post same stuff for 499 and he is surprised that his items did not sell..
    Gold is very easily obtainable on the realm and people will sooner or later buy anything they need. Enchants, glyphs, gems, whatever. If players selling it get smarter they can actually make much more gold by putting higher prices on AH and compete by undercutting eachother by just a little.

6. Prices on low item level materials are perfectly fine. People are not farming this stuff so cooper ore may be more expensive than ghost iron ore is. These items are that expensive, because some players training for example tailoring, prefer to spend 5-15k on low cloths instead of just wasting an hour or two farming those. This seems just so obvious.
    The problem with economy or the prices that I see are stupid people who lower the prices of some items. Like when I see certain item being sold for 3k gold, I post mine for 2998 and some guy posts 15 items for 500g, minute later people post same stuff for 499 and he is surprised that his items did not sell..
    Gold is very easily obtainable on the realm and people will sooner or later buy anything they need. Enchants, glyphs, gems, whatever. If players selling it get smarter they can actually make much more gold by putting higher prices on AH and compete by undercutting eachother by just a little.
    Well... Seeing thing that way... You might be right.
    But I am talking about the people that lower the prices, that makes the economy unstable. And that is the problem, a material today is at 500g, with one guy selling it at 550g, one day later, the prices of the same item are at 200g because of some guy that decided lower the prices. And on the next week, the same item is back at 500g. That is f*cking the economy hard. Unbalance and economic instability make people run away from the AH.

7. Well... Seeing thing that way... You might be right.
    But I am talking about the people that lower the prices, that makes the economy unstable. And that is the problem, a material today is at 500g, with one guy selling it at 550g, one day later, the prices of the same item are at 200g because of some guy that decided lower the prices. And on the next week, the same item is back at 500g. That is f*cking the economy hard. Unbalance and economic instability make people run away from the AH.
    That's because simply not enough people are making shiet, so it comes to a point only 1 guy makes it and spams the same gay price.

8. Well... Seeing thing that way... You might be right.
    This is only human stupidity. Thing with low level materials is that they are needed rarely and if someone actually needs them he will pay 200g 500g or 3000g. The price matters very little here. But if noone is training a profession on a certain day posting them for 2g may not bring any results.
    Here it pretty much goes back to what I have written before. People should be undercutting eachother just a little. Posting item for less than 50% of the current price is just really dumb, but there is no possible way you can make everyone around you understand that.

9. I don't think OP understands how economic systems work and explaining them would take more time than I have.

(In short){There is no such thing as an unbalanced economy. It's a system based off how much of something exists (supply) and how much it is wanted (demand). The other factors are things like how fast the seller wants to get rid of the item and his perceived value of it. ]

If I'm in no hurry to sell something then I put the item on the AH just below what others are selling for.

If I want to sell it fast then I undercut the competition by however much I value the speed of the transaction. (and hope others don't do the same to me)

Lower level ores are in higher demand because people who want to level fast would rather pay for that item than spending time inquiring them themselves.

The only thing that would change fluctuation in prices is more supply in the market. There is clearly high demand because there isn't 10+pages of iron ore like standard servers have. The cause of this is lower than average gatherer profession count which directly stems from lower than average player count.(compared to a standard server.) Not everyone wants to spend time gathering and selling items. (Nor should they, it is the entire reason the AH exists)

Lower player count = Low gatherer profession count = Free license to anyone that has an item which doesn't exist on the AH when they want to put it up to add a few zeros to the number. The only other choice is how fast someone wants an item to sell for.
    Edited: August 27, 2015

10. I don't think OP understands how economic systems work and explaining them would take more time than I have.

(In short){There is no such thing as an unbalanced economy. It's a system based off how much of something exists (supply) and how much it is wanted (demand). The other factors are things like how fast the seller wants to get rid of the item and his perceived value of it. ]

If I'm in no hurry to sell something then I put the item on the AH just below what others are selling for.

If I want to sell it fast then I undercut the competition by however much I value the speed of the transaction. (and hope others don't do the same to me)

Lower level ores are in higher demand because people who want to level fast would rather pay for that item than spending time inquiring them themselves.

The only thing that would change fluctuation in prices is more supply in the market. There is clearly high demand because there isn't 10+pages of iron ore like standard servers have. The cause of this is lower than average gatherer profession count which directly stems from lower than average player count.(compared to a standard server.) Not everyone wants to spend time gathering and selling items. (Nor should they, it is the entire reason the AH exists)

Lower player count = Low gatherer profession count = Free license to anyone that has an item which doesn't exist on the AH when they want to put it up to add a few zeros to the number. The only other choice is how fast someone wants an item to sell for.
    Well, but normally the people that are leveling their professions are low levels and can't afford expensive prices! That means, less demand. Or maybe not. However, the problem is the instability of the prices, if we had a graphic and see the prices of copper, it would be a graphic essentialy made of really high points, and really low points. And if we think in a settlement with 100 people (lower gatherer), 50 of them are rich, 25 aren't capable of buying resources, and 25 are gathering resources. So, we have a high demand of resources and a low stock. Everything runs well, the rich people buy the resources and the gatherers, well, gather it. But one guy from the 25 men that aren't capable of buying resources decides to start gathering some resources too. He puts the prices of the resources at 20, when the prices normally are of 100. What will happen? The resource that is selling for 20 will be sold immeaditly, and the others selling at 100 will have difficulties selling, so they will have to lower the prices to 20 too. The problem is that the 1 man from the ones that aren't capable of buying resources decides to stop gathering resources. The 25 gathererers will high the prices again. But the 25 men that aren't capable of buy resources decide to gather resources as well, and they lower the prices again... God... The original gatherers have to lower the prices again. The 50 rich people will start to stop going to the market because the prices are unstable...

But as I said before, I don't understand much about economy... I just decided to create this post to initiate a discussion about the Economy on Frostwolf and see what you guys think about the current situation of the server's economy.

Sorry for my bad English.

11. Most people don't understand economy.
    They undersell most of the time to sell it quick.
    But if everyone used the same prices they wouldn't dorp and change like a **** duck.

12. Most people don't understand economy.
    They undersell most of the time to sell it quick.
    But if everyone used the same prices they wouldn't dorp and change like a **** duck.
    This is a private server. Often played by younger people, that don't really care about the others, and don't understand northing about prices. They just want to make money and... Undersell everything, 400g cheaper!

Well, I am glad the topic is having some sucess.

13. People go to auctions (like the auction hall is supposed to be based on its name) to get a good deal. No-one ever goes to an auction with the expressed goal to pay exactly what something is worth. But what something is worth is up to the bidder. Someone who is lazy, values his personal time, thinks farming for mats is too boring, may simply pay an inflated price. But really its all just sellers competing for the buyers. Sometimes buyers win at this, its normal economics, but it shifts faster here than in real life (which is great).

For me, I look to see if something is fair price in the AH, if it is not, then I go farm a ton of the mats myself, and in turn get what I need and sell the rest and deliberately undercut the inflated sellers (just a little). Its my way of hitting unfair sales prices twice: 1.) I refuse to pay you, 2.) I'm going to steal some of your sales. Price it fairly, more people will buy it. Try to get a premium for your items, you'll get lucky and sell a little, but it'll be more effort watching pricing and undercuts and adjusting your pricing. Think of how hard (time consuming) it was for you to obtain the mats or build the item, now think of how much you are selling it for. If you feel like you are making out like a bandit because it was really easy for you to obtain the items you are selling, then you are charging too much and someone will undercut you. Welcome to a free market.

More simply: to OP you can probably get a little more money for your items by selling them during the weekend, give it a try.

14. People undervaluing items is not a problem at all, in the AH world whatever everyone else does not negatively impact you, instead I make more profit out of it.

12 Last