1. Narcos

everything else is for plebs
    If the name is supposed to give any clue what the series are about, then no, thats not what im looking for (more info in original post)

2. Can suggest to try.. Well, ok, that isnt a movie for relaxation in my opinion, cus if you look into it, there is kind of philosophy in it, as said in main post. You know, when someone is completely new to the world, being already not a newborn, but without any memory or any idea how to communicate etc... The way they think what reaction would be is what is interesting to me. If that makes sense *f my english, cant even choose correct words lol* Still gonna try the first episodes and report.
    Yeah, I understand you. I just haven't watched any show like that and enjoyed it, is all.

3. I've never watched a show like that, honestly. Out of the shows I've enjoyed, the closest it gets (being "mystic") is either "Charmed" or "Supernatural".
    I was going to suggest both of those, but thank you for beating me to it. Because that gives me faith that people are still watching good shows like that.

Another recommendation(I'll probably receive **** for this, but here goes...)is Doctor Who.

4. I was going to suggest both of those, but thank you for beating me to it. Because that gives me faith that people are still watching good shows like that.

Another recommendation(I'll probably receive **** for this, but here goes...)is Doctor Who.
    Have seen few episodes, but it comes nowhere near. Yes, can travel in time in his "room" etc, but thats not even close, sorry.

5. If you have netflix, Luther, which was 2 seasons, there is also the Daredevil.

6. Hoping to go through all suggested in past weeks this weekend.
    Netflix seems not to even be available in my country.
    Read Breaking Bad description, doesnt sound even close. (why - check op)

7. Some different genres,some are old..ish and some are new,but you can try those :

Stargate SG-1 , Stargate Atlantis - Pure gold !
    Supernatural - From seasson 3 become insanely good untill seasson 7-8 ... after this is more like drama,but still good
    The Last Ship - Not bad for killing time
    Strike Back - Good,old action ... almost no meaning and a lots of "fire in the hole" ! :)
    Married with children - NO MA'AM !!!
    ... and a lot more,but say what Genre you prefer ?!

8. For now, please, check main post. On the site I'm watching it it falls under sci-fi+mystery+drama, but the rest of the description is kind of important too. I've never been stuck with one series for so long cus i like them so much which is why I made this thread in the first place.
    So yeah, Jimpadjy22 and any other who wants to suggest please also change the main post as in it the series (as I said the ones Ive been stuck for so long with) are described.
    I do plan on going through descriptions of all the series suggested this weekend, if I'm able to, then I'll update original post and gonna paste it also in reply with comments on descriptions. I hope that there will be also series I'll have to go through first/first few episodes to decide :)

9. Sons of Anarchy
    Vikings
    Lost (lololol)
    Under the dome

10. Dexter! One of best series i watched

11. Thanks for suggestions so far. I plan on going through reading descriptions of as many as I can of ones mentioned below. Gonna update main post and post update in a new reply whenever it is finished.
    List of series im planning to go/re-go through tonight:
    John Doe
    Charmed
    Supernatural
    Mr. Robot
    Stargate
    Da Vinci's Demons (sounds like a book, but if it's tv series, it is on the list)
    Stargate
    Supernatural
    The last ship
    Dexter
    Sons of Anarchy
    Vikings
    Lost
    Under the Dome.
    I know from names of some that they are out of the league, but gonna check them anyway. In the update you'll be able to see how close these series come to my favourite series and what is it missing. And yes, many of them might be missing philosophy, because one of the things I love in tv series is if they make me think and see world from different perspective, if that makes sense #FMyEnglish

12. First, in spoiler let me repost the main post - cus here are answers on "What is my fav tv series like, what genre I like" etc. Though the main part is that I like if tv series make me think as I posted previously.

Spoiler: Show
    I like the type of Kyle XY ones, if you have heard anything about those. I tried looking for similar ones thru google, but all of those are like "he woke up from coma and found out", "he got infected".... But I prefer more mystic series.
    Ill try to sum up which are the parts I like in it to make it easier, maybe even for those who havent watched Kyle XY
    Basiccly seemingly-teenager wakes up in a forest, without any abilities to communicate, however with strange brain activity which allows him to learn things really quickly aswell as improve reaction time in situations and gives ability to improve his physical and paranormal abilities. He has not been born, he was created. As a counter - to get out of him what is needed, is created a female, with same, possibly improved abilities. If that makes sense, he is more about peace, good things, she is more about activity which sometimes leads her in bad situations. Therefore possibility to follow developement of two great characters - one who was good in basics and has to figure out how does community live, who he is, what is going on at all, and she - the "bad one", who overthrows her "masters" (if I can call them so), and also tries to learn how to live normally, who she is how are they both connected. And connected means that, of course thanks to their abilities, given by creators, can send messages to each other thru brain and feel what the other feels or when the other is in trouble, as well as get in each other's mind, thoughts, together be in one's memories and so on and on. *part that leads in them being in love in my opinion here is obvious, but that really helped character developement aswell I think* And yes, having the movie begin with beginning of life of main character (like him being created in Kyle XY) is prefered, as that allows having different view on life, things in life, kind of different... philosophy (?)

John Doe
    Yes, kind of magic when he realizes he knows everything besides who is he. Yet besides the part "main thing in your life is who you are" I found no philosophy at all. And since pretty much the rest seems to be crime investigation... Not even close.

Charmed
    The memories from when I was 6 watching this... I think I've even watched these series in Latvian (known as "The Amulet" here). Whole s**tton of magic, which was fun, however... Again, no philosophy. Way closer than John Doe, although might go (MIGHT) too far as no physics involved. One of fun parts in Kyle XY is he for example explains himself levitating as he uses water in his body as magnet against water outside by changing polarities in the moleculs... Not sure if you get what I mean. But, as I said, way closer than John Doe.

Supernatural
    Horror and mythical, that's true, yet I felt like The Charmed Ones is closer than this one. Search for truth, however, almost balanced it out. Almost. Why? Because it failed me as I realized it doesnt really go into philosophy, sadly. Fighting against demons is same as in The Charmed Ones, so still remains a tiny bit behind.

Im writing these in order of reading descriptions and responses. At this point I'm starting to think how else to explain the fact I like to think during movies, but am unable to find any. That's why I like setup "can do everything what could someone somehow do outside society and can learn to do society-things cus fast at learning" - because it goes down to subjects about when is lying ok, what is acceptable and what isnt and so on and on while still leaving the fun mythical part, especially if combined with "scientific" (" " for a reason) explanations.
    Mr. Robot
    This actually sounds fun, someone hacking for a good cause... But might run out of the way with drugs etc. Sounds like something to watch when I'm really really tired (although rare, but happens). Physical enough should it be true that our minds are based on signals similar to pc ones which get the "scientific explanation" part, however might be a bit off since no philosophy again. However, as I said, decent try. Best so far, in my opinion, however question to the suggester - is there the "philosophical" part?

Da Vinci's demons
    As close as Mr.Robot. This goes back to magic, without scientific explanation, though sounds nice. Again, the same question to the one who posted - is there the philosophical part?

Stargate
    watched many episodes years ago, but only magic I saw were the monsters, weapons and portals. I might have missed something, but... Also, no philosophy, so if I haven't missed any, its really really off the road.

The Last Ship
    by mystic/mythic I did not mean apocalypse in any way. Goes as off as Stargate, sorry. Tho correct me if I'm wrong, as I saw no philosophy or "wow" in it as I simply might have missed it. If its just trying to find a cure...

Dexter, Sons of Anarchy, Vikings
    I dont think you read the main post, sorry.

Lost
    besides mythical creatures, seems completely physical-world oriented, also no philosophy.

Under the Dome
    Mythical enemy again, but not sure about if there is philosophy (please help me on that)... Again, pretty off.

Yes, after this you might say that I am too critical or something, but there was one thing as you can see which made them go off is no philosophy in them. Psychology and philosophy arent the same, many had psychology, but... Well, Mr.Robot and Da Vinci's demons were closest ones, however are on question mark still.
    Again, if someone has a suggestion, please post it, however reading some of my answers and, especially, main post might be very, very, very helpful. Philosophy is what is important to me, yes. And having two or three thoughts across a season is... well, not enough, sorry. Especially if there is no compensation for it.
    Main post updated.

iSullivan
    Mr. Robot
    This actually sounds fun, someone hacking for a good cause... But might run out of the way with drugs etc. Sounds like something to watch when I'm really really tired (although rare, but happens). Physical enough should it be true that our minds are based on signals similar to pc ones which get the "scientific explanation" part, however might be a bit off since no philosophy again. However, as I said, decent try. Best so far, in my opinion, however question to the suggester - is there the "philosophical" part?
    I wouldn't use the term "philosophical", but yes this show is not like 95% of the stuff on tv these days. It a social commentary on the age of the internet and the globalization as well as the greed and lust for power.
    I really suggest watching the pilot if you haven't, because it's the kind of show that resumes/descriptions wont do justice.
    Edited: September 19, 2015

First 1234 Last