1. 2v2 and 3v3 arena requirements

Lordaeron will definitely be more PvE active than PvP. I fear that the situation will be similar to existing WOTLK realms.
    Currently there is no legitimate teams over 2.2k rating in 3s in both Deathwing and Ragnaros.
    In 2s over 2.2k in Deathwing - 35 teams, Ragnaros - 47 teams.

It is impossible to obtain best arena gear with 3s requirement and it is significantly harder to get 2s gear than it was on Blizz realms, simply because lower playerbase and queues take forever at high rating.

I suggest you to lower elite arena gear requirements or improve mmr system, so it would be more realistic and closer to Blizzards charts, so people could obtain arena gear just like on Blizz realms back in the days.
    I know you will say it is not "Blizzlike", but low population is also not Blizzlike (yes 3-5k is nothing compared to Blizz realm population).
    Just think logically, yes the system will not be exactly Blizzlike but why would you care, the final result of that will be Blizzlike, which in my opinion is more important.

Question - what is more important the system or the result?
    Don`t even try to convince me that system is more important, it`s you codex, principles that cloud your vision. You could break your principles making PvP guards stronger, you can also do this, the result will be more Blizzlike.
    Please consider this, it also applies for Deathwing and Ragnaros realms.

2. heh, no. I'd rather see someone with full pvp gear and have the (initial) impression that he's good just because he had to work more for it.

3. heh, no. I'd rather see someone with full pvp gear and have the (initial) impression that he's good just because he had to work more for it.
    There are also good guys who can not spend whole day sitting at computer and waiting for queue to pop up. And in the end you will see more bad guys who just bought that elite gear from marketplace.

4. They would not lower rating for something that is in the game just cause it's ''hard to get''. It will be like it was in retail and that's pretty much final (2k in 3's i believe for shoulders and other rating req things)

5. wasnt actually hard to get on retail though since people actually did 3v3

6. They would not lower rating for something that is in the game just cause it's ''hard to get''. It will be like it was in retail and that's pretty much final (2k in 3's i believe for shoulders and other rating req things)
    Then the question is - do Warmane TRULY want to bring Blizzlike experience?
    As poskharen54 said - it was designed NOT to be that hard to get in-game.
    Its like fighting vs politicians...they will not do that just because of some "principles" and half of the city will starve to death.

Many people already know the "Warmane logic" - is there hard to get items ingame? No worries visit a marketplace, it is not pay2win - look, everything is available in-game.
    Just imagine how many people will feel rubbed not knowing the real situation here, if they play herr for year and in the end they will realize it is a pay2win wall they are facing.
    How it will not turn out p2w again if it is not real to obtain certain items ingame and some are significantly harder to get than it was designed.

7. I've played here for 6 years and no, it's not pay2win. I've seen multiple players who, in time, got BiS gear and just destroyed people who got their gear through donation without actually knowing how to properly play.

Also, Blizzards realms had around 3k players before cross-realm was introduced, in 4.2. So don't worry, I'm sure the end-game pvp scene will be amazing.

8. Then the question is - do Warmane TRULY want to bring Blizzlike experience?
    As poskharen54 said - it was designed NOT to be that hard to get in-game.
    Its like fighting vs politicians...they will not do that just because of some "principles" and half of the city will starve to death.

Many people already know the "Warmane logic" - is there hard to get items ingame? No worries visit a marketplace, it is not pay2win - look, everything is available in-game.
    Just imagine how many people will feel rubbed not knowing the real situation here, if they play herr for year and in the end they will realize it is a pay2win wall they are facing.
    How it will not turn out p2w again if it is not real to obtain certain items ingame and some are significantly harder to get than it was designed.
    Dude like hard work = best gear in the game. Always been like that, always will. Also due to how they gonna handle marketplace with increased coin costs and having the previous item to get the heroic one (not sure how they gonna do that with pvp) it's gonna be a clear diff of how many will have donation gear. So yes Warmane does want to be that but they also need to finance the server.

9. I've played here for 6 years and no, it's not pay2win. I've seen multiple players who, in time, got BiS gear and just destroyed people who got their gear through donation without actually knowing how to properly play.

Also, Blizzards realms had around 3k players before cross-realm was introduced, in 4.2. So don't worry, I'm sure the end-game pvp scene will be amazing.

Are you aware that arenas always have been cross-Battlegroups, not server restricted? Even ****tiest battlegroups had around 100K+ playerspool. So you are saying that with 3K-4K players, 2K2 in 3s for Rank2 weaps are easy to reach? It will only be an incentive that most probably will push people to wintrade and other practices. Anyway Season 5 had no 3v3 requirements as far as I can remember.

And people saying that lowering(or changing e.g. 2v2 2500) rating Requirements for 3v3 gear is "unBlizzlike". Guess what, an expensive coin shop but nevertheless a COIN SHOP, is unBlizzlike as it can get. Nothing feels more blizzlike than seeing [2: Trade]: Queue 3v3 1850 ++ plz.

10. Completely forgot about battlegroups, my bad.

Disregard my previous post.

11. I don't think they'll do anything about it, but it's gonna suck getting the shoulders if the pvp is as dead as on the other realms.

12. Nah. It simply takes some time until PvP community establishes.

13. Nah. It simply takes some time until PvP community establishes.
    Simply look at other realms, how long do you think they are existing? Actually in whole Molten/Warmane history I can count on my fingers how many people obtained 3s shoulders in-game.
    Devs do not necessary have to reduce the requirements, they can improve matchmaking system, so you can get slightly more rating for winning.
    Best thing came in my mind is that devs could put requirement for lets say 500 -1000 games played in 3s to obtain 3s shoulders and other items, smth like that. I can`t see how this can be bad for servers, it only will encourage people to play 3s.

14. This post does actually have some facts. Lets face it , 2v2 ladder isnt THAT bad, the ratings can be decent. Regarding 3v3 its horrible. You usually wait 30+ mins in que, then you realise that nobody is actually playing and just stop. I've been a pvper and PvEr here since 2010. The situation in the past was much better, i remember that the highest 3v3 rating, during an ACTUAL season was around 2500. Then it went to 2350. Then to 2100 and now finally we're having r1 people with around 2k rating. The requirements for the gear aren't high, the community just lacks active pvp. 3v3 is freely said dead, 2s is barely holding on. Some changes must happen.

15. But the fact there are few people playing something doesn't strikes me, personally, as something the Staff should make easier/faster for those who are.

Consider it was PvE, and someone complaining he couldn't find anyone to do some old dungeon he wanted to get some drop for a transmogrification or to get an achievement. Would you consider it valid if they asked for the number of monsters to be reduced so he could farm by himself?

People have complained about the Matchmaking since it was introduced, and that much is understandable, although I have no information if it's being reworked or not. But besides that it's mostly a matter or not enough players being interested. Tournaments and events can be organized to see if the interest can be increase, but I don't see tweaking the mechanics to make it easier/faster for a reduced number of people to get the best reward as something that would happen.

12 Last