1. [FIX] Settings resetting when launching the client

1 - Go to your World of Warcraft folder
    2 - Right click the folder 'WTF' and go to properties
    3 - Unmark 'Read Only' and apply

This fixes TOS showing every time you launch your client, or settings not saving.

2. Hi all, i have the same problem with Wotlk folder, but i can't unmark "Read Only" from the folder beacuse when i apply this, if i go to properties folder the "Read Only" is again marked. I also run it as administrator but nothing. Some help?

3. Hi all, i have the same problem with Wotlk folder, but i can't unmark "Read Only" from the folder beacuse when i apply this, if i go to properties folder the "Read Only" is again marked. I also run it as administrator but nothing. Some help?
    Just started to play yesterday and I have the same Problem, I set the "Read only" Button off and close it, open it again and is just marked again..

4. I fixed it, I took the complete Folder on Desktop and switched it! Worked perfectly. :D

5. May 11, 2018  
    Same here, it's always marked again. I moved it to Documents and to Desktop, but it still doesn't allow to unmark it =(

6. May 23, 2018  
    Can someone please help with this issue?

7. May 24, 2018  
    Can someone please help with this issue?
    follow these steps:
    1) Restart your PC
    2) close your Torrent client and move your WoW folder away from your Torrent's download destination
    3) now right click on WoW folder> Properties> remove "read-only".

8. I have done all of these things, and it still doesn't work

follow these steps:
    1) Restart your PC
    2) close your Torrent client and move your WoW folder away from your Torrent's download destination
    3) now right click on WoW folder> Properties> remove "read-only".

9. copy paste your WoW folder and try to use this new one ( you will need to do the "read only" thing again)
    Edited: July 14, 2018

10. copy paste your WoW folder and try to use this new one ( you will need to do the "read only" thing again)
    I've tried every solution above but still no success. It's not a big deal but would be nice not having to configure everything each time I start up the game.

11. I've tried every solution above but still no success. It's not a big deal but would be nice not having to configure everything each time I start up the game.
    Look at the file properties of the file that is INSIDE the WTF folder. I Cut + Pasted the folder to my desktop and then made the changes.. the "read only" was still being "boxed" but the file was not.

Also no settings will save for me if I do not run the game as Administrator.

12. This worked for me:
    go to the main folder
    right click on the wow.exe file
    compatibility
    check "run this program as an administraror"
    open the wow and configurate the client again
    try to restart and see if it works