1. 1. If you stack AP with proper gear your pet IS doing 50% of your dmg.

2. Ofc u use explosive traps even as MM - if u didnt know that already that means you didnt raid at high end content with the best. Whats more some of MM using improved explo trap talent and glyph of explosive trap. Ill post here ss of dmg done by it tomorrow. (right from our main run). You also use arcane shot in your rotation since you have around 600-700 arpen and ur steady is still comparable to arcane. If you sum it up magical damage is like 10-15% with explosive traps and around 5-7% without it.

3. Im not going to argue with people who didnt even test BM spec with different variations. Enough said that I played BM for 6 years, tested all kind of gear starting from AP going through Arp, t9, Agi and ending with freaky variations like SP stacking.

Sadly i dont have screenshots atm but im going to post some as soon as I regem my hunt.

Cheers
    1. That's exactly my point, your gear and gemming isn't optimal if your pet is doing 50% damage, it means your damage as a hunter is too little compared to your pet. It's not like your pet is doing insanely more damage than with the arp build, it's the fact you are doing too little damage, which makes your pet seem to do more damage, but it's only %-wise.

2. So on marrowgar you just interrupt your steady shots and walk up to him to put an explosive trap down (while he's gonna lolstorm away from the explosive trap radius anyways)? On LDW you just walk up to her to put one down (even though she'll move away from it in phase 2)? On DBS, well, fair enough, explosive trap is good there. When you move in for stacks at Festergut, you can explosive trap, so it's good there. On Rotface it's useless. On BPC it's useless. BQL useless. On VDW it's bad 'cause you might accidentally hit CC'd aboms. On Sindy it's good 'cause of blistering. On LK it's pretty bad overall 'cause you have to move too much. The minibosses of RS don't really matter 'cause they're too easy, and on Halion it's obviously good (it was already good before they 'fixed' explosive trap, so now it's probably insane). Unless explosive trap is overbuffed since the fix, it's not worth moving all the way to the boss and back (some encounters this will wipe your raid anyways, so it's impossible to use). I haven't played since the 'fix', but if it's that important, that means it's probably broken. And I've been part of 30+ LoD's and Halions, but I guess that isn't high end content...

3. It wasn't worth it for me regemming all my gear and trying to use other items just for a BM run. BM is bad, no matter the gear/gems you use, the only thing good about BM is the 3% damage raid buff, but where's the fun in being 10th on dps charts while the rest just rapes you on the charts? Scumbag dps = best dps. (And no, don't tell me the 3% damage raid buff will change the outcome of an encounter, everyone doing LK/Halion has BiS gear and does WAY more healing and damage than people did on retail (all hail Paragon), people had TOGC gear when they did that ****... On top of that, you're losing so much dps compared to BM, that your raid-wide dps will be about the same when you play BM.)

Theory just seems to favor arp, even as BM, that's all I'm saying. Practice might be different, but that'd only be because a mechanic in BM is broken on mol10/10. But ayyy, I'm not a scientist.

2. The Trap spec you brought up is feasible only on a limited number of fights. And even then, Arp is so critically valuable that AP doesn't come close to overtaking it. Arcane Shot is also a flat DPS loss past 800 or so Arp. So to use it on cooldown in End-game gear is to just gimp yourself even further.

3. the only thing good about BM is the 3% damage raid buff, but where's the fun in being 10th on dps charts while the rest just rapes you on the charts?
    Does the 3% dmg buff even stack with Sanctified Retribution and Arcane Empowerment?
    Arcane mages might be rare but there is 100% of the time a ret pala in the raid...

4. 1. That's exactly my point, your gear and gemming isn't optimal if your pet is doing 50% damage, it means your damage as a hunter is too little compared to your pet. It's not like your pet is doing insanely more damage than with the arp build, it's the fact you are doing too little damage, which makes your pet seem to do more damage, but it's only %-wise.

2. So on marrowgar you just interrupt your steady shots and walk up to him to put an explosive trap down (while he's gonna lolstorm away from the explosive trap radius anyways)? On LDW you just walk up to her to put one down (even though she'll move away from it in phase 2)? On DBS, well, fair enough, explosive trap is good there. When you move in for stacks at Festergut, you can explosive trap, so it's good there. On Rotface it's useless. On BPC it's useless. BQL useless. On VDW it's bad 'cause you might accidentally hit CC'd aboms. On Sindy it's good 'cause of blistering. On LK it's pretty bad overall 'cause you have to move too much. The minibosses of RS don't really matter 'cause they're too easy, and on Halion it's obviously good (it was already good before they 'fixed' explosive trap, so now it's probably insane). Unless explosive trap is overbuffed since the fix, it's not worth moving all the way to the boss and back (some encounters this will wipe your raid anyways, so it's impossible to use). I haven't played since the 'fix', but if it's that important, that means it's probably broken. And I've been part of 30+ LoD's and Halions, but I guess that isn't high end content...

3. It wasn't worth it for me regemming all my gear and trying to use other items just for a BM run. BM is bad, no matter the gear/gems you use, the only thing good about BM is the 3% damage raid buff, but where's the fun in being 10th on dps charts while the rest just rapes you on the charts? Scumbag dps = best dps. (And no, don't tell me the 3% damage raid buff will change the outcome of an encounter, everyone doing LK/Halion has BiS gear and does WAY more healing and damage than people did on retail (all hail Paragon), people had TOGC gear when they did that ****... On top of that, you're losing so much dps compared to BM, that your raid-wide dps will be about the same when you play BM.)

Theory just seems to favor arp, even as BM, that's all I'm saying. Practice might be different, but that'd only be because a mechanic in BM is broken on mol10/10. But ayyy, I'm not a scientist.
    1. Why you think thaty my gear and gems are not optimal and not urs if u didnt even test it?

2. Im not going to argue with you about explosive trap cause you obviously didnt ever use it and you have NO idea what kind of dmg it deals and HOW big radius it generates. Ive been part of 80+ kills and after our hunts started to use explo traps their dps increased by 10-15% in icc and they are just after shadow priests in RS.

3. 3% dmg buff is not unique since every retri in grp gives the same. You just proved that you are just trashtalking without any solid knowledge about current state of raid buffs/ classes and game overall. + noone ever said BM is gamebreaking or top dps. Its fun to play and I support every hunter who wants actually try sth else than MM.

Go stick to ur Arpen BMs and dont bother me anymore. GL with playing class without doing reaserches to improve its dps. If you want to follow 100% of someones guide you can be replaced by a bot aswell.

5. 1. Why you think thaty my gear and gems are not optimal and not urs if u didnt even test it?

2. Im not going to argue with you about explosive trap cause you obviously didnt ever use it and you have NO idea what kind of dmg it deals and HOW big radius it generates. Ive been part of 80+ kills and after our hunts started to use explo traps their dps increased by 10-15% in icc and they are just after shadow priests in RS.

3. 3% dmg buff is not unique since every retri in grp gives the same. You just proved that you are just trashtalking without any solid knowledge about current state of raid buffs/ classes and game overall. + noone ever said BM is gamebreaking or top dps. Its fun to play and I support every hunter who wants actually try sth else than MM.

Go stick to ur Arpen BMs and dont bother me anymore. GL with playing class without doing reaserches to improve its dps. If you want to follow 100% of someones guide you can be replaced by a bot aswell.
    Yo, you mad bro? You start to talk me down while I never even said anything bad about you. Take a chillpill.

1. They're not optimal because they're not the highest ilvl available. Pretty simple...

2. I love how you pretend that every ICC boss fight is the same. If the boss moves, the boss moves out of the radius, don't pretend like the radius is that big lol. +15% damage in ICC because of explosive trap, sounds good. I'd love to be part of your raid and destroy your hunters though. Hunters have always been high up on the dps charts at Halion because of explosive trap. Yet, I was the only hunter that used explosive trap on Halion before the fix... Weird that nobody used it... Oh wait, you didn't either until someone told you about explosive trap.

3. Sherlock? Is that you? No they don't stack (even though they used to on lolten, back when), but if you don't have a ret in your 10 man raids, BM becomes better. Yea, hunters can play any spec, that doesn't mean it's the most efficient though. I don't like spending longer in ICC because half my guild wants to play less optimal specs. That's just my opinion though.

I don't play WoW, and neither do I play BM. And neither am I really trying to bother you, I'm trying to help the OP. Also, my dps was fine, considering I was #1 dps on every boss consistently ever since I got decent gear.

Oh and by the way, I don't follow guides, I make them.

Cheers

First 12