1. Bear or Protadin

Hello all, could you please help me with some information regarding bear and prot paladin specs in wotlk ?
    What im interested most would be

1. Single/Aoe threat both in 5 man low gear and in icc content
    2. Single/aoe damage

Thank you

2. Protadin has the single most OP "fail-safe" mechanic that doesn't even require interaction from you, i'll let you find out which one it is...

But anyway, these are both hybrid classes and at tanking they both do fine, but in low-medium gear protadin will have the upper hand as it has more aoe tools, that fail safe mechanic, and overall more "buttons" that save his *** and his team's ***.

But in the end they are all good, protadin simply has more tools at his disposal than a bear does...

Now it also comes to the class and how you like them, as you will spend majority of the time on it, so make sure to think on that as well.

3. I honestly dont know what the fail-safe mechanic is , i never played a paladin and never will:)) (i tanked on warrs and bears during expansions though)
    but this char is for my wife so beeing easy to use aka efficient without so many tools is also a factor:)). Thanks for information its good to know they both do ok

4. He is talking about Ardent Defender. When a enemy hit should be able to kill you, this passive talent will be activated and instead of dying you will stay alive with 30% of your hp. It's the most overpowered passive ability in the history of the ****ing game.

5. Paladion is the superior tank in this expansion and will always get an invite before any other tank.

6. but this char is for my wife so beeing easy to use aka efficient without so many tools is also a factor:)). Thanks for information its good to know they both do ok
    Make her roll a healer, preferably holy pala. God save us from women tanking...

7. Paladion is the superior tank in this expansion and will always get an invite before any other tank.
    Uh perhaps in some groups but i would not count out warriors and feral druids (since they are good before ICC)... Not sure about DKS but i just heard they were one of the ''lower'' ranked tanks. Just saying Paladins are the ''best'' essentially is kinda not true. Still argent defender thought :D

8. to answer the 2nd question, druids do more damage than prot pallys, so they have more threat on single target (and on 3 targets with berserk).

9. Uh perhaps in some groups but i would not count out warriors and feral druids (since they are good before ICC)... Not sure about DKS but i just heard they were one of the ''lower'' ranked tanks. Just saying Paladins are the ''best'' essentially is kinda not true. Still argent defender thought :D
    If you summ up all the abilitys and the playstyle, it is the easiest and best tank overall :P

10. If you summ up all the abilitys and the playstyle, it is the easiest and best tank overall :P
    And the most boring tank to play... Rotate from 1-8 poof you have prot pala tanking! Still they are pretty OP! :)

11. And the most boring tank to play... Rotate from 1-8 poof you have prot pala tanking! Still they are pretty OP! :)
    You got some hand spells, and some other stuff u can use if u want to make it more interactive, there is just no use for them, thats the sad part, but as a paladin you have them, as a bear... you just swipe and maul... not sure how thats more fun.

+ u dont see ur gear in bear form :| major let down for me :D

Be a pala tank, can't go wrong with that+ u can also be the best dps as well with ret or one of the best tank healers with holy pala so ye... can't go wrong at all.

12. You got some hand spells, and some other stuff u can use if u want to make it more interactive, there is just no use for them, thats the sad part, but as a paladin you have them, as a bear... you just swipe and maul... not sure how thats more fun.

+ u dont see ur gear in bear form :| major let down for me :D

Be a pala tank, can't go wrong with that+ u can also be the best dps as well with ret or one of the best tank healers with holy pala so ye... can't go wrong at all.
    Yeah hand spells but you rarely use them... Perhaps freedom for some fights and salvation.... Well bears are more enjoyable to be honest but you cannot see the gear that's a point but i don't really care :D. Well retri is way far from being the ''best'' dps... It's gonna be Warrior and Mages/Rogues (in end game) not sure how it's gonna look later. Yeah holy paladin is meh but some people enjoy it :)

13. Be a pala tank, can't go wrong with that+ u can also be the best dps as well with ret or one of the best tank healers with holy pala so ye... can't go wrong at all.
    The only reason ret dps'ers on Warmane are on top is because of Molten badly scaled core. As tharess said, mages, rogues and SM warriors will have the upperhand in endgame wotlk. About healers, there are pro's and cons. Some fights you'll wreck as holy paladin, some you'll cry and wish you played something else. Paladin tank is chosen by most because of it's ease to play on an above-pug level. Once you get to higher levels of raiding you'll notice
    bears and DK's preferred over others. The reason everyone rolls with a paladin in their raid is because the amount of decent paladins is way higher then the amount of skilled DK and druid tanks. But there's no point to take this fact in consideration as a starting players. So my suggestion is just to role whatever you think suets you the best .

14. did not read much comments, stopped reading after the make her healer dont let woman tank comment.
    prot pally is the way to go for her :)

15. Well, as someone who tanked 8 years as paladin, i can tell you, you will always use a hand, atleast hand of salvation. Especially on 3.3.5a the warlock aggro is sick, they always need those damn hands

123 Last