1. I agree with ti being a flop, people will realize its not as great as they think and go back to the other wotlk realms.

2. I agree with ti being a flop, people will realize its not as great as they think and go back to the other wotlk realms.
    Not sure where the negativity or flop is coming from... But sure you can have your opinion and we will see who is right and who is wrong :) The 115k views on the Warmane Teaser could be a point in my favor :P

3. I think it's going to flop - Lordaeron.
    Sure the idea is nice, but the expansion is 7 years old now. This would've been interesting say 3-4 years ago. But right now it is nothing special. + After Moltdown the release date is completely ****ed up. Many people already made their characters on DW or Ragnaros and farmed achievements/hks etc and I doubt they'll abandon all that for second time (counting Moltdown as first).
    And release date is 25th September. So, few days before most Universities start, school started etc. Amount of people on other realms without Lordaeron will reduce. And I doubt Lordaeron will be any different than before the wipe with around 1000 people on it at best.

Many people don't even have the time like they used to have 3-5 years ago and can't be online for entire day. Only reason to play Lordaeron is honestly for the scripts (but then again, they'll be ported to other two realms in time) making them just as good.
    This post is perfect !! I got nothing else to say.

4. Not sure where the negativity or flop is coming from... But sure you can have your opinion and we will see who is right and who is wrong :) The 115k views on the Warmane Teaser could be a point in my favor :P
    ...Not too mention the near 500k views in the PTR topic, in just 5 months.
    the topic 'Introduce Yourself' has 1.6m views...its been in effect for 5 years.

one cant base a prophecy of a realm off the # of views in a mere topic, but it sure stands out - i find no other topic hits even CLOSE to lord ptr.
    -thats alot of curiousity for a seven year old game ?

...you would think a 5 year old game like cata would trounce it... even in combined views through all threads...but naaa....

5. ...Not too mention the near 500k views in the PTR topic, in just 5 months.

one cant base a prophecy of a realm off the # of views in a mere topic, but it sure stands out - i find no other topic hits even CLOSE to lord ptr.

...you would think a 5 year old game like cata would trounce it... even in combined views through all threads...but naaa....
    Pretty much the point i want to make but people are being negative nancies and not realize how popular it's gonna be... Oh whatever it's their loss... They have to wait almost a year till they get the content we have anyway :D

6. why would anyone even want to play on DW or Rag lol. Everyone runs around with shadowmourne so pvp is **** and the hardest raid (ICC) is half scripted and is super nerfed with the 30% buff.

7. why would anyone even want to play on DW or Rag lol. Everyone runs around with shadowmourne so pvp is **** and the hardest raid (ICC) is half scripted and is super nerfed with the 30% buff.
    Not to mention people want to raid the older content (Naxx/OS/EoE and Ulduar) as "current" content, due to either boredom, or simply liking it better than ICC&RS.

8. What will happen to WotLK servers when Lordaeron gets released?.
    Mass. Hysteria.

9. About Lordaeron's Progression [Redux]

Uh not to bother by quouting your post on the twinking topic but i'll quote Yamicodename from a forum post on this topic instead:

''Lordaeron is top priority as its scripts will be ported to MoP and Cata (zones and instances which haven't been changed after cata, which includes most of TBC and Wotlk content + some classic stuff). The other two wotlk realms will be swapped to the Lordaeron core probably before the release of ToGC there.'' (From http://forum.warmane.com/showthread....Devlog-Updates)

So that's not 3-6 months.... That would be more like.... up to 9-12 months at MAX since we gonna have Naxx and Ulduar first before release of TOGC.
    The post I quoted fits the thread's topic and it is really what I think it may happen with the WotLK realms once Lordaeron is released, so I don't see why I should not quote it here. The time lapse you mention (i.e., "9-12 months") has either a wrong quotation or it is just a guess from your side. Please, share with us the correct quote or add a proper disclaimer, otherwise you are misinforming everyone else. AFAIK, the only official information about the tentative time-boxed progression of Lordaeron states around 2 months for the initial release of WotLK content after the launch of the realm [1,2] and it is unknown how much time it would take to be completed. My guess is that Lordaeron's full progression would take around 3-6 months after it is released.

Pretty much the point i want to make but people are being negative nancies and not realize how popular it's gonna be... Oh whatever it's their loss... They have to wait almost a year till they get the content we have anyway :D
    Again. The only official estimate of a time lapse for the other WotLK realms (i.e., Deathwing and Ragnaros) to get Lordaeron's game core is 2 months [3,2]; that is 6x less than what you claim. Note aside, I think defining when this happens is an important event for the WotLK realms because many of us see the improved game core as the sole reason to continue playing in Warmane (i.e., either on Deathwing or Ragnaros) and I truly hope it gets ported as soon as possible.

...Not too mention the near 500k views in the PTR topic, in just 5 months.

Dear cookies and cheerleaders out there. The hype you mention is real. It is doing its job and will successfully serve its purpose. I truly hope it brings as many people from other private servers as possible. However, we have to be realistic and the truth is that once the hype vanishes, Lordaeron is no more than a limited P2W 1x WotLK realm, which hopefully claims its place in the top tier of scripting quality. I truly wish for this to happen regardless of my critical/skeptical viewpoint because the ones considered legendary by game reviewers are not as highly populated as the ones we have here [too bad 'cause I've seen one of these and it is really well done]. That having been said...

Not to mention people want to raid the older content (Naxx/OS/EoE and Ulduar) as "current" content, due to either boredom, or simply liking it better than ICC&RS.
    ...I think you hit a hot spot here. IMHO, the potential of Lordaeron could be further exploited, in terms of offering something different to what Deathwing and Ragnaros do, if its progression would follow a more radical scheme, for example something in the line of one of these suggested options.

All the best wishes!
    Edited: September 10, 2015

10. That's not how it's gonna work but think what you want haha! The game doesn't only resolve around ICC and the progression is gonna make sense...
    It doesn't say anywhere in his post that the whole game revolves around ICC. I think he meant to say that, even though the content might be more challanging if working properly as you said, it is still a 6 year old game. Content, more challanging or not, is still familiar to a lot of people. Those who will raid actively are, indeed, going to get their BiS gear for current content in a short amount of time which, compared to 1-2y that will take for the endgame content to be released, is not really enough to keep the players playing actively when there's not much to do until more content is released.

11. I think that as long as it's "progressive" it'll be packed with players. When it reaches ICC, then maybe the population will drop, but I still expect more players than on other realms because there won't be that many coin gear/shadowmournes.

12. The post I quoted fits the thread's topic and it is really what I think it may happen with the WotLK realms once Lordaeron is released, so I don't see why I should not quote it here. The time lapse you mention (i.e., "9-12 months") has either a wrong quotation or it is just a guess from your side. Please, share with us the correct quote or add a proper disclaimer, otherwise you are misinforming everyone else. AFAIK, the only official information about the tentative time-boxed progression of Lordaeron states around 2 months for the initial release of WotLK content after the launch of the realm [1,2] and it is unknown how much time it would take to be completed. My guess is that Lordaeron's full progression would take around 3-6 months after it is released.

Again. The only official estimate of a time lapse for the other WotLK realms (i.e., Deathwing and Ragnaros) to get Lordaeron's game core is 2 months [3,2]; that is 6x less than what you claim. Note aside, I think defining when this happens is an important event for the WotLK realms because many of us see the improved game core as the sole reason to continue playing in Warmane (i.e., either on Deathwing or Ragnaros) and I truly hope it gets ported as soon as possible.

Dear cookies and cheerleaders out there. The hype you mention is real. It is doing its job and will successfully serve its purpose. I truly hope it brings as many people from other private servers as possible. However, we have to be realistic and the truth is that once the hype vanishes, Lordaeron is no more than a limited P2W 1x WotLK realm, which hopefully claims its place in the top tier of scripting quality. I truly wish for this to happen regardless of my critical/skeptical viewpoint because the ones considered legendary by game reviewers are not as highly populated as the ones we have here [too bad 'cause I've seen one of these and it is really well done].
    I mean it all depends how fast people clear the content but for Lordaeron to have it's full progression available (AKA ICC + RS) that would take A LONG TIME! That's what i want to express but maybe i was unclear about it... We are not 100% sure how it's gonna work the progression system or the market place sooo... I would not freaking make sense to have only 1-2 months of Ulduar for example OR TOC cause you would not be enable to get any gear TILL the next raid comes out which is freaking stupid AND make the gear you have obtained a bit more ''outdated'' (you still will do the earlier raids for gear of course but you get my point).

Also if you can read that she says it's subject to change so if there is anyone who should criticize or have ''legit proof'' it's prob you! Besides i might be an egotistic person but i want to AS MANY as possible to play on Lordaeron (if that sounds weird then that's my opinion) to make it like it once was... Prob the MOST populated Wrath server as it was in it's former glory..

Where do you get this impression that it's gonna be a PAY TO WIN SERVER??? Do you really think Warmane is that stupid to ruin such a project like this? They already stated that the shop is gonna be progressive as well as the prizes are gonna be HIGHER then what they are now.... They also consider (don't remember where i read it) that you could donate only for the content you have cleared (so for example you can only donate normal gear if you kill normal lich king). I am not 100% on that but it's what i have HEARD. So your idea about P2W is absurd and stupid... Makes me so upset when people yell ''ITS A PAY TO WIN SERVER!!@@@@!!! and don't bother to actually read what has been said about the topic.

I read the post you did earlier and they have marketed a bit with the teaser + dodgy and various of websites have posted about it as well but i don't know if that's enough but i think that Warmane has control over that as well.
    Edited: September 10, 2015

13. Lordaeron [Limited P2W]

Where do you get this impression that it's gonna be a PAY TO WIN SERVER??? Do you really think Warmane is that stupid to ruin such a project like this? They already stated that the shop is gonna be progressive as well as the prizes are gonna be HIGHER then what they are now.... They also consider (don't remember where i read it) that you could donate only for the content you have cleared (so for example you can only donate normal gear if you kill normal lich king). I am not 100% on that but it's what i have HEARD. So your idea about P2W is absurd and stupid... Makes me so upset when people yell ''ITS A PAY TO WIN SERVER!!@@@@!!! and don't bother to actually read what has been said about the topic.
    Seriously? Limited P2W: Cash -> Coins -> Armor/Weapons (a.k.a. items that change the game-play conditions)

Limited coin store:
    - No character level boosts
    - No profession boosts
    - No realm transfer
    - No character rename
    - No heirlooms
    - No legendary items
    - Limitations to companion and mount availability
    - Item availability based on realm's progression
    - Item availability based on in-game obtainability
    - Must have a lower tier equipped before higher item can be obtained using coins
    - Item level requirement (i.e. must have Edge of Agony equipped before Fleshrender can be obtained using coins
    - Increased item coin costs
    I get the impression from Kaer's confirmed design features for Lordaeron. Don't get me wrong I personally don't care if it is limited P2W, otherwise I would not be playing in Warmane to begin with, but it is what it is.

14. Hehe it shows you never even played Vanlia or BC haha! The raids will pay off cause the loot you will get is gonna be a real advantage for the next expansion to come so if you had vanlia raid gear (for example) and you start in BC you will have an advantage for those who are in questing green/blues from vanlia.
    You do realise that advantage is going to be extremely short lived as you progress from Vanilla to BC content right? Due the fact, unlike every other expansion set BC is rampant with dungeon content AS you level. You do know that even the Blood Furnace gives a similar ilvl/stat weight as AQ-40 gear? Did you even play Vanilla/BC?

15. You do realise that advantage is going to be extremely short lived as you progress from Vanilla to BC content right? Due the fact, unlike every other expansion set BC is rampant with dungeon content AS you level. You do know that even the Blood Furnace gives a similar ilvl/stat weight as AQ-40 gear? Did you even play Vanilla/BC?
    Yeah but you will have advantage from BC to Wrath... Maybe not so much from Vanlia to BC.... But whatever you get my point... Those with raiding gear > those with questing items

First 123 Last