1. I think it's going to flop - Lordaeron.
    Sure the idea is nice, but the expansion is 7 years old now. This would've been interesting say 3-4 years ago. But right now it is nothing special. + After Moltdown the release date is completely ****ed up. Many people already made their characters on DW or Ragnaros and farmed achievements/hks etc and I doubt they'll abandon all that for second time (counting Moltdown as first).
    And release date is 25th September. So, few days before most Universities start, school started etc. Amount of people on other realms without Lordaeron will reduce. And I doubt Lordaeron will be any different than before the wipe with around 1000 people on it at best.

Many people don't even have the time like they used to have 3-5 years ago and can't be online for entire day. Only reason to play Lordaeron is honestly for the scripts (but then again, they'll be ported to other two realms in time) making them just as good.
    I have to say, if Lord was to flop, the reasons you posted would most likely be it. But your reasons are based around Lord being populated by current Moltener's. I believe many players from other servers will at least 'dip their toe' in Lord and 95%, at least, will enjoy it enough to call it their new home server.

But only time will tell, and it can go one of our two ways.

2. What will happen?
    THE most important thing to me is the patch fixing Warmane has developed on the lordaeron "core" to be applied in Ragnaros/Deathwing on some ETA of sorts.
    In this matter all i can tell you is: I dont plan on donating again until we get those Lordaeron scripts on Ragnaros and Deathwing. Last fix on these cores was in july, and most of them are not actually working properly, or brought new bugs to the table.

3. I agree with ti being a flop, people will realize its not as great as they think and go back to the other wotlk realms.
    Let's be honest, if there Lordaeron will be a disappointment then people should stop playing this expansion for good. Playing on Deathwing or Ragnaros is not an alternative, as it provide no authentic experience, they have low population, a lot of new players that don't have a clue about this game, donation and those rates are ruining the realm. You either play WotLK on Lordaeron or spend your time with something else, those two realms are for slackers and players that adore to get rapped by MasterCardMourne wielders.No offense, but I'd rather play a single low level character, on an authentic WotLK realm, rather than wasting my time on countless 80 characters with whom I run ICC and RS like a zombie. By the way, all the staff members, including Kaer will start playing after a long time, and they will play on Lordaeron, why? Maybe because those who experienced this game as it should be played, consider this realm very similar to a Blizzard one, or at least the best WotLK private realm available, way better than those two realms.
    Edited: September 11, 2015

4. Let's be honest, if there Lordaeron will be a disappointment then people should stop playing this expansion for good. Playing on Deathwing or Ragnaros is not an alternative, as it provide no authentic experience, they have low population, a lot of new players that don't have a clue about this game, donation and those rates are ruining the realm. You either play WotLK on Lordaeron or spend your time with something else, those two realms are for slackers and players that adore to get rapped by MasterCardMourne wielders.No offense, but I'd rather play a single low level character, on an authentic WotLK realm, rather than wasting my time on countless 80 characters with whom I run ICC and RS like a zombie. By the way, all the staff members, including Kaer will start playing after a long time, and they will play on Lordaeron, why? Maybe because those who experienced this game as it should be played, consider this realm very similar to a Blizzard one, or at least the best WotLK private realm available, way better than those two realms.
    Pretty much sums up the thread and the point i wanted to make :)

5. Dear cookies and cheerleaders out there. The hype you mention is real. It is doing its job and will successfully serve its purpose. I truly hope it brings as many people from other private servers as possible. However, we have to be realistic and the truth is that once the hype vanishes, Lordaeron is no more than a limited P2W 1x WotLK realm, which hopefully claims its place in the top tier of scripting quality. I truly wish for this to happen regardless of my critical/skeptical viewpoint because the ones considered legendary by game reviewers are not as highly populated as the ones we have here [too bad 'cause I've seen one of these and it is really well done].
    :) Im a Cheerleader or whatever you fancy, i take that with the same grain of salt as the 'legendary' servers out there. Ive tryed these 'legendary' servers and as you admit > it doesnt matter what kind of scripting is on hand, theres nobody on them. Im a critic/skeptic myself, and so 120lvls on lord ptr confirm for me, so far : i have much to cheer about. Im not cheering the 'hype train' ; im cheering Warmane for the great work.
    If people wish to extrapolate from it some reason to feel even more hyped about Lordaeron, or even to be more skeptical, well i feel its a better service offered than the 'reviewers' who would point us to some legendary server.
    ... the truth is if anyone has the power to pack people on a greatly scripted server, it is here. Even if lord does 'flop', the work toward a greatly scripted server will have not...work that needed doing anyhow.

As far as P2 WIN goes, you said limited p2w and that works... but ill call it pay to get something we all have the power to get on our own accord anyhow. If that helps to pay for the realm, the alternative being shadowmournes etc > it may just be a bullseye. Im fiercely opposed to fun realms, at the same time the realm has to pay for itself SOME how... ive got a good vibe about it, tho well see how it fairs over time.

6. honestly, I don't get why ppl would wish lord would flop. for as much as i'm not interested in going back to wrath, i wish warmane all the success it can get

with success comes resources, with resources comes more devs, with more devs we get more content for -hopefully- all expansions.

wishing bad luck is not helpful to the community at all, just brings bad vibes.

#BringBackPetBattles

7. honestly, I don't get why ppl would wish lord would flop. for as much as i'm not interested in going back to wrath, i wish warmane all the success it can get

with success comes resources, with resources comes more devs, with more devs we get more content for -hopefully- all expansions.

wishing bad luck is not helpful to the community at all, just brings bad vibes.

#BringBackPetBattles
    Yeah which is why i don't get the negativity about Lordaeron?? You BENEFIT if Warmane draws in cash and more server population since it will make it better (at least i hope so)

8. (waiting 1-2 years for icc and all)
    1/10 made me kek

@topic, population on both realms is expected to decrease at least by 15% to 20% @ peak time (that's for the first weeks after lord's release) altho part of potential lordaeron players is obviously gonna be new to Warmane therefore not coming from the two old realms. also, active players from other expansions might be interested on a progressive 3.3.5 realm, so don't limit lordaeron's playerbase to dw/ragnaros emigration. only time will tell what's gonna happen to dw/rag, but my guess is it's gonna be basically the same. after a few months pop will be 5~10% less than it currently is, at most (disregarding the usual ups and downs on activity year-round which always happens).

Playing on Deathwing or Ragnaros is not an alternative, as it provide no authentic experience, they have low population, a lot of new players that don't have a clue about this game
    Excuse me? Low population?

And "a lot of new players that don't have a clue about this game". It was and is still like that on retail, and it's like that on every private server. The exact percentages may vary but everytime you talk about majority it is directly related to the words "bad" and "below average". Basic statistics.
    Edited: September 11, 2015

9. Objectivity

:) Im a Cheerleader or whatever you fancy, i take that with the same grain of salt as the 'legendary' servers out there. Ive tryed these 'legendary' servers and as you admit > it doesnt matter what kind of scripting is on hand, theres nobody on them. Im a critic/skeptic myself, and so 120lvls on lord ptr confirm for me, so far : i have much to cheer about. Im not cheering the 'hype train' ; im cheering Warmane for the great work.
    If people wish to extrapolate from it some reason to feel even more hyped about Lordaeron, or even to be more skeptical, well i feel its a better service offered than the 'reviewers' who would point us to some legendary server.
    ... the truth is if anyone has the power to pack people on a greatly scripted server, it is here. Even if lord does 'flop', the work toward a greatly scripted server will have not...work that needed doing anyhow.

As far as P2 WIN goes, you said limited p2w and that works... but ill call it pay to get something we all have the power to get on our own accord anyhow. If that helps to pay for the realm, the alternative being shadowmournes etc > it may just be a bullseye. Im fiercely opposed to fun realms, at the same time the realm has to pay for itself SOME how... ive got a good vibe about it, tho well see how it fairs over time.
    It is OK to celebrate Warmane's achievements. In the end they favor us all, either directly or indirectly. The challenge is to cheer them while keeping objectivity, which I am unable to find in many of the posts from the cookies and cheerleaders out there. Please, don't take it personally or in the wrong way, It is just a constructive feedback.

As a matter of fact, I even could say I used to be a cheerleader myself in the past. I became more skeptical/critical after seeing the so-called close to be legendary WotLK private server. Ironically, I was testing a couple of ideas this server has implemented while I was suggesting them in Warmane's forum (i.e., customizable realm rates and transmogrification), as I thought customizable realm rates would have been a silver bullet solution for the realm rates discussion (i.e., hardcore vs fast levelers in Deathwing and Ragnaros/of course I think Lordaeron should remain 1x blizzlike no matter what); and the transmogrification could have been a nice harmless custom-feature, good incentive for WotLK end game players to redo raids from older expansions, and a good gold sinkhole (e.g., to cool down the inflation just a bit). Unfortunately, none these suggested features were/are considered viable by the administration and, IMHO, less performing alternatives, or not at all, were implemented instead. However, during my experience I was able to see a WotLK game core with a much higher scripting quality working on a mid-populated realm. I mean the dungeons (e.g., PoS is so much different that it seems like a whole new dungeon), raids (e.g., ICC, Ulduar, etc, with proper game mechanics), BGs (e.g., Wintergrasp), and the entire world NPC animations (e.g., wolf raiders patrols in Hellfire Peninsula, dancing bartenders, etc) are so good that I thought, damn it, I would love to have this level of scripting quality here in Warmane as well; in the end here is were I have already spent countless hours to build up so many characters.

Nowadays, I am looking forward to the time Lordaeron's game core reaches its maturity and becomes the foundation of all the other WotLK realms. I try not to be disappointed/frustrated with the design decisions I consider negative, I celebrate with moderation the ones I consider positive, and above all I try to keep an objective perspective and an open mindset. I invite all of you to do the same, as I believe it is the most constructive approach we have to help Warmane to improve and become the world leading private server once again.

All the best!
    Edited: September 14, 2015

10. It's pretty hard to stay objective to a thing that we have been played for such a long while so we know how things usually work out around here... Wow in general has a lot of feelings, opinions and what not so i would not expect any objectivity in forum based games since it's gonna be LOADED with emotional and opinions of various of kinds :) I like the word cookies and cheerleaders haha!

First 123