1. wow ppl...u guys srsly ...the only thing u could say is my keybind is wrong?is that the point of my topic? i started playing rshamy for 2week and still not used to that many spells but...is that really mater? i'm talking about getting +100k lances 30k living bomb ticks and all u say is i'm a clicker...god some ppl are just plain stupid!
    Living Bomb damage is correct, good that you didn't saw Frost Bomb on 5.1, you would probably l2p. Link your armory or give us your itemlevel. If you are full Tyrannical then I'd say that 110k lance is correct too.

there were some SC of highrated mage, hitting 120k icicles.
    I know the Icicle trick, not sure if its an exploit or bug but I better not write it here. Generally Shamans should be aware beacuse they are the only way to give a mage powerful Icicles.
    Edited: September 7, 2015

2. wow ppl...u guys srsly ...the only thing u could say is my keybind is wrong?is that the point of my topic? i started playing rshamy for 2week and still not used to that many spells but...is that really mater? i'm talking about getting +100k lances 30k living bomb ticks and all u say is i'm a clicker...god some ppl are just plain stupid!
    What they meant (I hope) is that if u haven't keybound your abilities, you may not yet know how to counter mages. Or ateast not use abilities as quick as you should. It's a reasonable assumption since keybinding is such a basic rule for PvP. I have seen only a few players who can click abilities as quick as a regular keybind-user in actual pvp situations.

Now, about the damage. Living Bomb seems to be hitting as in retail, like someone else mentioned here. With my frost mage, 522 ilvl, my icelances hit between 80k-90k crits (always crits cos shatter ofcourse). That one 110k ice lance the mage did in your SS, I do not know if he got lucky or used bug but rest of his lances don't hit this hard. Truth be told, there are many classes hitting harder and faster in Warmane's MoP. 80k hits are even laughable at times compared to some outrageous numbers of other classes. I won't say which classes to avoid further rage/whining. Besides, anybody playing a frost mage would know that outside of burst, their sustained dps is not great. So these icelances hit only that hard while in burst.

All of this, plus the fact that all mage specs' bursts are easy to predict, avoid/mitigate if u know what to look for.
    Save your trinket for if you need to use while he has orb proccs. Dont trinket his first deep freeze if he's faking his burst. CC/LoS/Major defensives during his orb+alter. Alter time can be purged and if u do, there goes half his burst. This is basic for a 1v1 situation like in your SS (I assume). In arena, your partner can CC as well. Also, before anybody says "mage defending mage" I play all classes except warrior and priest. :P
    Edited: September 7, 2015 Reason: Added a smiley cuz I'm nice. :D Oops another one.

3. Guys, here is a clip of my friend doing some 2v1 arenas on Frostwolf, he is full griv, no exploits or something simillar from him. I see some big numbers here.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NhVkc6iz86s
    Is this a joke m9 ?? mmr confirm 500

4. What they meant (I hope) is that if u haven't keybound your abilities, you may not yet know how to counter mages. Or ateast not use abilities as quick as you should. It's a reasonable assumption since keybinding is such a basic rule for PvP. I have seen only a few players who can click abilities as quick as a regular keybind-user in actual pvp situations.

Now, about the damage. Living Bomb seems to be hitting as in retail, like someone else mentioned here. With my frost mage, 522 ilvl, my icelances hit between 80k-90k crits (always crits cos shatter ofcourse). That one 110k ice lance the mage did in your SS, I do not know if he got lucky or used bug but rest of his lances don't hit this hard. Truth be told, there are many classes hitting harder and faster in Warmane's MoP. 80k hits are even laughable at times compared to some outrageous numbers of other classes. I won't say which classes to avoid further rage/whining. Besides, anybody playing a frost mage would know that outside of burst, their sustained dps is not great. So these icelances hit only that hard while in burst.

All of this, plus the fact that all mage specs' bursts are easy to predict, avoid/mitigate if u know what to look for.
    Save your trinket for if you need to use while he has orb proccs. Dont trinket his first deep freeze if he's faking his burst. CC/LoS/Major defensives during his orb+alter. Alter time can be purged and if u do, there goes half his burst. This is basic for a 1v1 situation like in your SS (I assume). In arena, your partner can CC as well. Also, before anybody says "mage defending mage" I play all classes except warrior and priest. :P
    all my important spells are keybinded except trinket...i dont see the reason to keybind a totem which has a 1min cd instead a spell which i use every 6sec! i'm not a newbie to wow and i know which keys should be binded...but as i said before it's not important ...the point is even on my 522 hunter or mw monk mages hit me like a truck...well whatever..as that dude says 30k living bomb is correct while ppl cry all over the forum deep wound doing 20-30k is too much! and 110k ice lance is normal even on a full tryc!
    but thx for info...ur post was the most usefull 1 so far while others tried to make fun of my keybind or telling me getting hit for 120k on my full tryc alt is normal!

5. that deserter is from a BG our team faced 3mage..they destroyed the whole group in 10sec! i wanted to put ss from that Bg but i was a bit late...btw i couldnt care less about u take me serious or not like i give a ****! ;) that mage did that burst to me didnt have buff either..and u said shield...u mean earth shield? how much that shield can heal u ? do u know how many time a frost mage can stun /silence u?he wont let u cast 1 surge in that 5sec he drop frozen orb u r pretty dead. u saying getting 25-30k living bomb tick is normal? or getting 3ice lance in 6sec each for 90k is normal?! everyone here knows scaling here is off...most of the classes doing 2x 3x intended damage...but what about healers...do they heal 2x 3x they intended to do?!
    rshamy and self buff?! lol u have no idea what u r talking about and yet make fun of me having a deserter debuff!
    @sybrike i use addons for those ... they are hidden at that moment.
    I have no idea what im talking about? I got a resto shammy too so shh and a addon that lets your buff disappear huh, righttt, real handy.

As i said, not taking you serious ;)

Peace

6. I have no idea what im talking about? I got a resto shammy too so shh and a addon that lets your buff disappear huh, righttt, real handy.

As i said, not taking you serious ;)

Peace
    did u read what i wrote or just wanted to answer some crap in hurry?! did i say my addons disappear my buffs? i use healium which 6spells are on that addon bar which i can use them on any target include myself fast and that addon was hidden at that moment....u better learn to read. ;)
    btw name 1 buff or as u say selfbuff a rshamy can have without being in a group(not shield)

7. all my important spells are keybinded except trinket...i dont see the reason to keybind a totem which has a 1min cd instead a spell which i use every 6sec! i'm not a newbie to wow and i know which keys should be binded...but as i said before it's not important ...the point is even on my 522 hunter or mw monk mages hit me like a truck...well whatever..as that dude says 30k living bomb is correct while ppl cry all over the forum deep wound doing 20-30k is too much! and 110k ice lance is normal even on a full tryc!
    but thx for info...ur post was the most usefull 1 so far while others tried to make fun of my keybind or telling me getting hit for 120k on my full tryc alt is normal!
    Actually, for PvP almost all abilites should be keybound no matter the CD. For eg. a mage has to keybind all abilites except maybe portal and teleport. But if your system works for you and allows you to be the quickest you can, then there's no issue. I assume you must be using an addon to hide the keybinds on abilities in actionbar. Plus the keybinds that can be seen are 1-9,0,-,= which are pretty difficult to reach. But still, its all about your convenience and speed.

Also, it doesnt matter if your toon is full tyrranical or grevious when being a test dummy for someone. This is because only your total health pool will change. Resilience is more or less the same for everyone unlike in Cataclysm or before. Meaning that a 90k icelance on you in full tyrr gear would hit same in your full grevious gear. About warriors' deep wounds dmg, people were complaining more because warrior is not a dot class xD People were dying from deep wound dots while in the case of mage, living bomb is a major spell intended to contribute to dps. I remember when deep wounds hit me for 60k crits repeatedly and killed me even when I was LoS-ing warrior. I'll give you the 110k ice lance as that's a mystery to me as well unless its rng or bug.

Many classes in full grevious can hit for 100k+ in quick succession with some of their abilites but what makes frost mages' burst annoying is that there's little to no setting-up needed and it's very easily done. Still you can predict it. I suggest to duel a lot of frost mages (maybe not full grevious ones) to figure out how you can diminish their burst.

8. Actually, for PvP almost all abilites should be keybound no matter the CD. For eg. a mage has to keybind all abilites except maybe portal and teleport. But if your system works for you and allows you to be the quickest you can, then there's no issue. I assume you must be using an addon to hide the keybinds on abilities in actionbar. Plus the keybinds that can be seen are 1-9,0,-,= which are pretty difficult to reach. But still, its all about your convenience and speed.

Also, it doesnt matter if your toon is full tyrranical or grevious when being a test dummy for someone. This is because only your total health pool will change. Resilience is more or less the same for everyone unlike in Cataclysm or before. Meaning that a 90k icelance on you in full tyrr gear would hit same in your full grevious gear. About warriors' deep wounds dmg, people were complaining more because warrior is not a dot class xD People were dying from deep wound dots while in the case of mage, living bomb is a major spell intended to contribute to dps. I remember when deep wounds hit me for 60k crits repeatedly and killed me even when I was LoS-ing warrior. I'll give you the 110k ice lance as that's a mystery to me as well unless its rng or bug.

Many classes in full grevious can hit for 100k+ in quick succession with some of their abilites but what makes frost mages' burst annoying is that there's little to no setting-up needed and it's very easily done. Still you can predict it. I suggest to duel a lot of frost mages (maybe not full grevious ones) to figure out how you can diminish their burst.
    yes u are right most classes can hit +100k but it's so rare..for example a boomi can hit u with starsurge if he drop his CCs which i dont know much about that class or warriors can do 90k slam sometimes..i rarely get hit for more than 60k even on low ilvls..or a rogue can hit about the same with eviscerate but again it's rare and need alot effort...but as for mages they get too much finger of frost stack which enable them to use ice lance so much more ..it wasnt like this a month ago...since then they use ice lance like it's the end of world! lol even frozen orb CD is 1min...it's huge advantage for them if they get more finger of frost stack when their frozen orb is in cd .
    all i'm saying is their finger of frost (i'm not sure i'm saying the correct name lol) been givng them too much stack +ice lance doing 10-20k more damage than intended.

edite: just spoke with a mage and he explained the FOF stack is working correctly...the problem is damage scaling.
    well 1 problem solved now only nerfing ice lance remains! #nerf ice lance lol

9. Outside of orb and pet freeze, I dont get too many FoF proccs. Perhaps you should try testing it with a frost mage to see exactly how many proccs they get without orb or pet freeze. Plus, many people spam ice lance without the procc hoping the opponent dies. Fun to watch xD

10. Outside of orb and pet freeze, I dont get too many FoF proccs. Perhaps you should try testing it with a frost mage to see exactly how many proccs they get without orb or pet freeze. Plus, many people spam ice lance without the procc hoping the opponent dies. Fun to watch xD
    yeah he dueled me for a couple time and other than pet and orb didnt get much fof stack...but he said ice lance is bit too much for grv set...10-20k more.
    actually this damage suppose to be for pridefull set.
    but i lol'd so hard when some mages spam ice lance without fof and they do 4-5k! xD

11. So much bullcrap in this thread. The truth is, on MoP every class can be incredibly overpowered if you play it right, people called it Expansion of the Reta*rds on retail for some reasons, right? So I'd suggest stop crying beacuse even resto druid can burst you pretty fast in cat form.

Again going back to the 110k Lance, every stack stack of Fingers increases damage of Lance by (if I remember right) 25%, so two stacks is +50%. Lets say Mage could have Flask, and could used Potion for 4,000 INT (we don't know, you haven't even target him on screenshot). I would say, with all that there shouldn't be a problem killing full Tyran shaman who cannot even bind spells propertly and clicking the trinket.

Funny thing that you hide your nickname, but didn't hide Mage's nick.

12. all my important spells are keybinded except trinket...i dont see the reason to keybind a totem which has a 1min cd instead a spell which i use every 6sec! i'm not a newbie to wow and i know which keys should be binded...but as i said before it's not important
    ;________;

13. from 2 weeks mages have been over the top , idk why , but one of the fixes started something. I have a strong feeling that it has something to do with the onproc griveous trinkets + on use one. For example - my ele shaman did around 70-80k lava bursts with trinket proc + unleash flame ( ive speced into unleash rage), and 2 weeks from then i occasionaly with trinket procs + unleash get like 130-150k lava bursts which come out of nowhere, and i am talking about 130k SINGLE HIT , not hit + mastery proc. No logical explanation, and i think that this think is the same with mages. I have a mage but i am too lazy to test **** out , with the hope that its so obvious that molten devs will finally find out whats happening , but still waiting.

Also Vellardo , you dont know **** about the game, there are 2 stacks of fingers of frost as you can use 2 times ice lance which counts as the target is frozen even tho its not with EACH getting increased damage by 25%, and they DONT stack, what are u even talking about, please dont give dumb ideas to the devs.

The strongest hitting ice lanes on retail were from Arcane mages which were around 100k,with PRIDEFUL GEAR, and almost fully reforged mastery, becouse as far as i know 25% frost increase from fof < 40% for example increase from arcane mastery + 20% from arcane power. , there isnt any other flat % damage increase on icelance from frost spec only except fof, so yet again i come to the conclusion we are playing on griveous gear that outscales prideful retail gear, but eh, still waiting for devs to actually notice this.
    Edited: September 8, 2015

14. just came back to the forum to decide wether we'd give lolten another shot or not.

Prideful human mages did up to 100k icelances with full proccs + trinket + a rogue. More common were 70-80k crits during burst.

bb.

@Vellardo "living Bomb damage is correct, good that you didn't saw Frost Bomb on 5.1, you would probably l2p. Link your armory or give us your itemlevel. If you are full Tyrannical then I'd say that 110k lance is correct too."

lulz. go back fighting some dragons with ur guild pls

oh just saw ur 2nd post on this page.

yea go back
    Edited: September 8, 2015

First 123 Last