1. Will WoltK be hard for me to get used to?

I started playing WoW in MoP on retail and I've always heard how much easier the game is now compared to what it used to be. I'm interested in playing WotlK for PvP because I heard that's the best it's ever been. Don't you have to gear for PvP by raiding and what not in that expansion? I've honestly only seen PvP videos of WotlK so I'm not sure how things work in that expansion lol. So would WotlK be hard for someone like me to get into/enjoy?

2. It won't be hard. And yes, you need a lot of raiding in order to get BiS items for your class and play it to full potential. Don't expect to play game for a week and be topping BG chartss or something like on MoP tho, it takes more time.

3. Leveling is certainly harder on warmane wotlk than retail is now(especially if you wait for the x1 realm to come out), but on the pvp side, everyone will be in the same boat, since it will be a brand new realm with only new chars, there will not be any rediculously geared people in bgs. If you want to start on one of the new realms, pvp will be very hard indeed for a fresh 80, since everyone will already have the end game pvp gear. In terms of game play I think it may be easier for you, depending on your class.

tldr, wait for lordaeron to come out and struggle along with everyone else!

4. It won't be hard. And yes, you need a lot of raiding in order to get BiS items for your class and play it to full potential. Don't expect to play game for a week and be topping BG chartss or something like on MoP tho, it takes more time.
    Hmm. I've never been a PvE type of guy but I guess I wouldn't mind trying it out to see how I enjoy it. I think I've only raided maybe twice since early MoP on retail lol.

5. Nobody can really tell you how you will react to the expansion, that's something only you can accurately predict.

But as far as what I can tell you about Wotlk PvP - It's fast. Both your mistakes and your outplays have a much greater impact than what you're probably used to from MoP because of how fragile players are compared to the numbers they produce, both damage and healing. You can easily get steamrolled because you botched a fake cast and at the same time, you can win the game because you death'd a poly during burst. The damage is even higher on the non-Blackrock Wotlk realms because of bugs and widely spread PvE gear, which sometimes helps mongoloids kill people that know what they're doing simply because their numbers are too high. And yes, Wotlk is one of the expansions that forces you to get PvE gear to stay competitive in PvP because of how easy it is to inflate your damage.

I wouldn't necessarily say it's harder, especially when it comes to BiS geared humans, but if you're not optimized down to the last number then you're definitely going to have to compensate by being better, which in case of Wotlk is luckily completely possible.
    Edited: September 7, 2015

6. Nobody can really tell you how you will react to the expansion, that's something only you can accurately predict.

But as far as what I can tell you about Wotlk PvP - It's fast. Both your mistakes and your outplays have a much greater impact than what you're probably used to from MoP because of how fragile players are compared to the numbers they produce, both damage and healing. You can easily get steamrolled because you botched a fake cast and at the same time, you can win the game because you death'd a poly during burst. The damage is even higher on the non-Blackrock Wotlk realms because of bugs and widely spread PvE gear, which sometimes helps mongoloids kill people that know what they're doing simply because their numbers are too high. And yes, Wotlk is one of the expansions that forces you to get PvE gear to stay competitive in PvP because of how easy it is to inflate your damage.

I wouldn't necessarily say it's harder, especially when it comes to BiS geared humans, but if you're not optimized down to the last number then you're definitely going to have to compensate by being better, which in case of Wotlk is luckily completely possible.
    Cool, I've been downloading it since last night so I plan to give it a try when it's done. What are some good PvP classes in this expansion? I've been thinking about going Ret or Fire. Ret more so because I never got to play it in it's prime. It's always been bottom tier in the patches I've played in MoP lol.

7. Cool, I've been downloading it since last night so I plan to give it a try when it's done. What are some good PvP classes in this expansion? I've been thinking about going Ret or Fire. Ret more so because I never got to play it in it's prime. It's always been bottom tier in the patches I've played in MoP lol.
    To be frank, wotlk paladins are a class build for muppets and ret is no exception but unlike its holy counterpart, it actually gets worse the more skilled people you fight. You will completely obliterate people that don't know what they're doing without any effort on your part but feel utterly helpless against skilled casters. In 2s, you're gonna be forced into double dps comps as you will never kill a properly geared healer without a healing debuff or good CC, which rets don't have,

The holy trinity of Wotlk is rogue, mage, priest, which funnily is also the best 3s comp in the expansion. These classes have the highest skill cap and highest overall power level when played perfectly.

Warriors and warlocks are also good alternatives if you're looking for balance between overall class power and personal skill required.
    Edited: September 7, 2015

8. I started off playing WoW, on Warmane, in the WotLK expansion. In other words, if me being a newbie had no problem back then, I doubt you will either :)

9. Hello comrade, looks like we are in the same sauce. I am as well Vanilla and TBC player.
    There is barely any new stuff before you go to Northend, should not be a problem. Only thing i am a bit scared of is getting end-game PVE gear.
    Mainly because i lack knowledge of dungeons and don't know can you even obtain T7 and other valuable items here, or you have to pay for them.

10. you will enjoy LK and youll have nooo trouble feeling your way in this new 'territory'
    - main question you need answer, is whether its 7x turbo or 1x 'closer to retail' for you ?
    people will be starting as fresh as fresh gets in just days ahead...and Its not everyday we can start an expansion we never tried on board a scenario such as Lordaeron.
    If you think for a second im trying to sell you on it, I come here to tell you I am :D
    - but have fun whatever LK you guys choose!
    Edited: September 10, 2015

11. I played WotLK retail from the very start, to the very end, 3/4 of which was hardcore PvP. Everyday after school my friends and I would log on and head over to Goldshire where we'd rape a pillage mercilessly for a couple hours; few things sound sweeter than a geared warrior using bladestorm on a unsuspecting mob of low level alliance scum<333

You need to go with the new server coming out, Lordaeron, if you truly want to experience WotLK. The majority of everyone you meet will be Icecrown veterans (nostalgia seeking basement dwellers) and thus won't take kindly to someone who doesn't understand the basics of original WoW; so leveling 1-80 on x1 will really help you get a good grip of the expansion.
    PvP in WotLK is great; this is an xpac where a rogue wearing nothing but daggers can 1v1 (and win) against almost every class. The "rock, paper, scissor" style of PvP is still very much alive. This means that class X can beat class(es) Y and are beaten by class(es) Z. So you have to know where your strengths are in a PvP situation and how best to execute them. Or you can play a retadin and derp across the BG 41KillingBlow 0Death : ).

If you need help from an experienced player in-game feel free to contact Hilltamer (Horde) after Lordaeron release.