1. What class DPS is underplayed but is decent?

I was going to play a Ret paladin when Lordaeron launches but after finding out there is a large influx of Ret Paladins created on Wrath servers. What DPS classes are typically underplayed but is viable and needed in raids?

Don't mind playing melee or range, but with my latency being fairly bad range is more likely a better option for me. I've played SPriest post Cata, and Holy Pre-Cata for experience on retail.

2. Enh shamans, rogues and Shadow priest. All three roles are underplayed but can still be in the top DPS.

3. Enh shamans, rogues
    Those generally aren't played because they don't bring much to a raid that the more popular classes already bring, if anything.

My personal suggestions: Warlock, Shadow Priest and Boomkin.

4. Feral Druids are generally underplayed and have a high skill-cap but are an amazing class to have in raids. Other specs that come to mind are combat rogues and hybrid/aff warlocks.
    Edited: September 9, 2015

5. Decent? Any class/spec can be decent. There's always going to be what is optimal however, and some hybrids (sPriest/Feral/Enhance) will not likely be brought in great numbers during early content should you have better options available to you. Those classes are a bit gear dependent.

Those generally aren't played because they don't bring much to a raid that the more popular classes already bring, if anything.

You specifically bring at least one sPriest or Boomkin for the 3% hit buff, otherwise your casters are going to hate you. sPriests don't get really good until later gear. High high-end Ulduar gear / beginner ToC gear is when they start to shine.

One dedicated Demo Lock is a must in any serious raiding roster for their spellpower buff which is scaled from their spellpower, unlike the static amount from an Ele Shaman. Additional warlock slots should be decided upon based on performance versus other classes and how frequently you foresee a need for additional soulstones.

The most underplayed class/spec combinations in my opinion is feral (cat) and enhance shaman. Both have a somewhat difficult rotation/priority system to perform optimally. You'll want one enhance shaman for enhancing totems (well, optional) and one feral druid for extra bleed damage that your Warriors will love you for.

sPriest/Feral is strong for AoE, but there are better single target options in my opinion if looking purely at personal DPS. If you're looking to be a buff slot for your spec which overall increases the raid DPS to a greater level than your personal DPS loss as a dedicated DPS would have been, by all means. Just know that if raiding guilds have their pick of the litter, those buff slots are going to be limited in nature to one, or possibly two. At least until later gear levels.

6. Enhancement Shaman,Rogue and Warlock.

7. Those generally aren't played because they don't bring much to a raid that the more popular classes already bring, if anything.

Hideously untrue statement about rogues. Combat brings a raid buff(which is ever improving since recent fixes to mdps classes have made warrs and rogues do more damage) as well as MD and a great reason to use it(2pc t10 bonus, any rogue worth their salt is using it on CD which is different from what you might see from a hunter) not to mention the inherent damage buff of ToTT.

Go find a time or place on retail wrath where rogues were ever left by the wayside. They were 2 of the top 3 dps specs in the entire expansion and if Molten ever sees fit to fix the multitude of problems with Assa it will be very retail-like on these servers. With recent fixes combat rogues can now top meters in 25HC and contribute more than ever to raids.

Frankly, it's dumb not to bring one if they're a capable player.

8. Hideously untrue statement about rogues.
    You listed one thing. Hence why I said "don't bring much", instead of "don't bring anything". Tricks doesn't count, because most raids have at least 2 Hunters, making Tricks nigh useless outside of the brief damage boost.
    Go find a time or place on retail wrath where rogues were ever left by the wayside.
    Yet, this isn't retail wrath. Now is it?

9. You listed one thing. Hence why I said "don't bring much", instead of "don't bring anything". Tricks doesn't count, because most raids have at least 2 Hunters, making Tricks nigh useless outside of the brief damage boost.

Yet, this isn't retail wrath. Now is it?
    Nigh useless except you use it 6-10 times a fight which is like a minute's worth of +15% damage for absolutely free with 2pc bonus(which also boosts rogue dps). Anyone worth their salt wants that boost during the fight or maybe all the years I've spent being a main rogue has clouded my memory of being spammed with "tott please" every time I head to ICC. The hunter part is hilarious considering a lot aren't MDing on CD after the open because it's a wasted GCD for them.

I listed others like Savage Combat which again I'll point out that recent fixes to rogues and warrs have made that an even better buff than before(you gonna argue against a flat 4% dps increase?)

This is typically the arguments I see from people who raid with bad rogues, not good ones.
    Edited: September 11, 2015

10. Your argument is based on me having used absolutes in my statements, which I haven't.

That said, I'd rather have another Hunter that can dispel enrages and MD at range and dps Lich King during transition than a ~1-2k damage boost to one person over the course of the fight. Also, no, it's not a flat 4% dps increase. It is a physical damage boost, and it isn't unique to Rogues. And no, it's not a fair comparison to make, "good rogue" vs. bad hunter.

So, yes, "nigh useless", as I said. The skill or effort level of the Rogue in question is irrelevant.

11. Your argument is based on me having used absolutes in my statements, which I haven't.

That said, I'd rather have another Hunter that can dispel enrages and MD at range and dps Lich King during transition than a ~1-2k damage boost to one person over the course of the fight. Also, no, it's not a flat 4% dps increase. It is a physical damage boost, and it isn't unique to Rogues. And no, it's not a fair comparison to make, "good rogue" vs. bad hunter.

So, yes, "nigh useless", as I said. The skill or effort level of the Rogue in question is irrelevant.
    Aside rogues and Arms warriors which class brings 4% physical damage? and since arms eventhou very underplayed can't really compete with combat rogues in dps. The OP also mentioned that he has bad latency making spriest and feral a no no......and how about we worry about dispelling enrage after icc gets released it's not like there will be a shortage of hunters.
    Edited: September 12, 2015

12. Rogues r always fun to play with,assa was broken in d other woltk servers as I know but combact was fun..
    Ppl up above r biased to rogues don't listen to em(their cheap mentality was another reason rogues were so underplayed) iam sure in d endgame u can outdps a lock as well as a cat, ench shammy easily and a lot others too ...
    So roll a rogue and have fun.

13. It is also worth to mention that there is a difference between 10 and 25 man raids.
    Enhance shami is the best melee supporter out there because he has 3 raid buffs (10% ap, 20% haste, agi/strength) while all other classes have one or two raid buffs.
    So in a 10 man raid its worth to get a enhance when a hunter or frost Dk is missing.

14. Enhance shami is the best melee supporter out there because he has 3 raid buffs (10% ap, 20% haste, agi/strength) while all other classes have one or two raid buffs..
    Did you forget (Ret) Paladins and their many Blessings? Or the 2 or 3 debuffs Arms brings along with their shouts?

15. When i played on retail: Rogues/warriors/ret paladins/dks /mages was the most played DPS classes

If you want to play a DPS class i suggest u go warlock SP boomkin maybe even a rogue .. play the class you feel the most comfortable with (like me ive played the warlock class since early vanilla and i still love it)

12 Last