1. are fun servers destroying WoW's lore?

this video made me think about when I first started playing wow. I remember I used to actually follow the story of my toon, read every little box that was presented to me. maybe that's why I took forever to level and ultimately I got kinda swamped by the magnitude of the whole thing. kind of felt like reading the silmarillion, children of hurin, the lord of the rings (hobit included) all at once.

so i left retail and kinda forgot about WoW until a friend of mine showed me molten

now, i just do PvP and don't even know the story of any of the dungeons of raids

warmane made me kind of lazy. kind of like reading a very brief synopsis instead of reading the whole book. I think that games are a new art form, and they tell a story. this vid reminded me that there is a difference between the mechanics of the game and the game itself.

of course as much as bliz like as it may want to be, it will never have the full story. and i don't mean any disrespect ofc

just food for thought

#BringBackPetBattles

2. If you are interested in lore, you'll read the (real life) books, the quest briefings and the books that are scattered around Azeroth.

If you are not, you won't.

3. If you are interested in lore, you'll read the (real life) books, the quest briefings and the books that are scattered around Azeroth.

If you are not, you won't.

What about people who watch like Nobbel87 or other lore people?

4. If you are interested in lore, you'll read the (real life) books
    it's not about the books, it's about the game itself telling the story

5. What about people who watch like Nobbel87 or other lore people?
    I don't know who that is.

it's not about the books, it's about the game itself telling the story
    The game itself is very, very weak at telling the story. Especially if you start with WoW and not the first Warcraft.

6. If anything (or anyone) destroyed the lore, it was Blizz themselves.

7. Never cared about WoW lore to begin with

8. The game itself is very, very weak at telling the story
    not at all.

private servers are missing so so much, the story is told thru dialogues and cinematics that are not scripted, so you never get to see them if you haven't played retail.

If anything (or anyone) destroyed the lore, it was Blizz themselves.
    well, i'm not referring to the content of the story, just the story itself.

and that's very subjective, some people didn't like deathwing others love the pandas.

Never cared about WoW lore to begin with
    and that's ok too

#BringBackPetBattles
    Edited: September 10, 2015

9. not at all.

private servers are missing so so much, the story is told thru dialogues and cinematics that are not scripted, so you never get to see them if you haven't played retail.

#BringBackPetBattles
    They are not even fixing the most important bugs, you don't expect them to script the battle for Andorhal for example. If you want that, go retail.

10. I don't know who that is.

The game itself is very, very weak at telling the story. Especially if you start with WoW and not the first Warcraft.
    Be blessed with https://www.youtube.com/user/Nobbel87

11. They are not even fixing the most important bugs, you don't expect them to script the battle for Andorhal for example. If you want that, go retail.
    lmao

ofc they will never fix those, when did I ask for it?

#BringBackPetBattles

12. I don't watch youtube videos of videogames. I don't want to get cancer.

13. I don't watch youtube videos of videogames. I don't want to get cancer.
    Lol yeah like you know anything about cancer you twat! He's a really funny guy and he teaches out about wow lore! You should give it a try!!!!!

14. No, I read almost all the books, I don't need to watch videos for kids.

15. No, I read almost all the books, I don't need to watch videos for kids.
    Lol aren't you a elitest hahaha you have such an attitude torwards people! He is not a kid! He is an adult so... Prob should learn some respect my young sir! Otherwise you prob be called a twat haha! I'll read the books when i have money and time lol!

12 Last