1. Advanced Macro guide

Out of date guide.
    Edited: May 11, 2016

2. If you need any help with a macro, or want to share a macro that you created using some of the knowledge above OR in case you have any constructive feedback, please don't hesitate to shoot a reply below!

P.S It would take me a maximum of 24 hours to get back to you in case you have a macro request.

3. I Believe this Condition " talent:<row#>/<column#> " was removed in early wotlk (or cata idk).

4. note, in your long macro

Code:
    #showtooltip [mod:shift] Vanish; Stealth
    /stopattack
    /stopcasting
    /dismount [mounted]
    /cast [nocombat] !Stealth
    /cast [nocombat,stealth] Pick pocket
    /castsequence [mod:shift] reset=6 Vanish, feint
    /cast [mod:shift] Cloak of Shadows
    /cast [mod:shift] Sprint
    /cast [mod:shift] Preparation
    why not change this line
    Code:
    to
    Code:
    /castsequence [mod:shift] reset=6 Vanish, null
    same thing, but won't use feint after. should still not repeat vanish though

also, for those without macro space cuz we have every class and loads of macros, sell o matic and other addons will vendor for u
    Edited: October 26, 2015

5. Code:
    #showtooltip [mod:shift] Vanish; Stealth
    /stopattack
    /stopcasting
    /dismount [mounted]
    /cast [nocombat] !Stealth
    /cast [nocombat,stealth] Pick pocket
    /cast [mod:shift] Cloak of Shadows
    /cast [mod:shift] Sprint
    /cast [mod:shift] Preparation
    if you use this macro, you are bad.

6. considering you're not r1, you don't have room to talk lol. your comment is pointless without reasoning, but since i do agree with you, i'll do what you, for the sake of being optimistic, must have forgot or were too busy atm to do :D but the macro's concept, as a general idea that you can do a lot, is fine.

1: you'll get an error using pickpocket when you can't. so you'll want to use the clear errors line in the macro if you insist to keep pickpocket for whatever reason.
    2: if you're going to be using prep, you might as well include all spells that get reset during prep.
    3: what if you don't need to cos, but might need it shortly after? cos should not be in this macro.
    4: using your macro exactly as is, you can shorten it. you don't need /cast lines for every spell. you can use semicolons.

I think the following macros would be better, while trying to follow a similar style that you're currently using.

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /stopcasting
    /dismount [mounted]
    /cast [nostealth,nocombat]!stealth;[stealth]***;[mod:shift,nostealth,combat]vanish;[combat,nostealth]Feint;
    /cancelaura [mod:alt,stealth]stealth
    The above macro will cast stealth if not in combat regardless of a modifier. The first asterisk line can be a stealth spell if you wish, unlike my feral, I prefer not to have any stealth skills in my stealth macro personally. If you're like me, you just delete the following inside the quotation marks. " [stealth]***; " With shift, assuming you're in combat, it'll use vanish. If you get pulled in combat right before you hit your stealth button, which sadly happens sometimes lol, at least you'll get the 30% dr as a consolation prize for not getting to stealth like you had hoped. So it's basically your default stealth, feint, vanish [with mod], and unstealth [with alt] button. Hopefully I didn't typo anything, I don't use the macro personally, I tend to use all my spells individually.

As for prep, that should definitely be it's own macro. You don't want to use prep for a 2nd vanish only. In regards to CoS, I have it as it's own spell. As a space saver you may wish to put defensives together, such as:

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [nomod]evasion;[mod:shift]cloak of shadows;[mod:alt]feint;[mod:ctrl]combat readiness
    There's 4 defensive in 1 button :) Though I'd probably use feint as the nomod actually since it's spammable.

Okay, so I just realized I turned this more into a rogue help post then regarding macros, sorry :D But I'll keep this info here anyway, I'm done. Peace :D

7. considering you're not r1, you don't have room to talk lol. your comment is pointless without reasoning, but since i do agree with you, i'll do what you, for the sake of being optimistic, must have forgot or were too busy atm to do :D but the macro's concept, as a general idea that you can do a lot, is fine.

1: you'll get an error using pickpocket when you can't. so you'll want to use the clear errors line in the macro if you insist to keep pickpocket for whatever reason.
    2: if you're going to be using prep, you might as well include all spells that get reset during prep.
    3: what if you don't need to cos, but might need it shortly after? cos should not be in this macro.
    4: using your macro exactly as is, you can shorten it. you don't need /cast lines for every spell. you can use semicolons.

I think the following macros would be better, while trying to follow a similar style that you're currently using.

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /stopcasting
    /dismount [mounted]
    /cast [nostealth,nocombat]!stealth;[stealth]***;[mod:shift,nostealth,combat]vanish;[combat,nostealth]Feint;
    /cancelaura [mod:alt,stealth]stealth
    The above macro will cast stealth if not in combat regardless of a modifier. The first asterisk line can be a stealth spell if you wish, unlike my feral, I prefer not to have any stealth skills in my stealth macro personally. If you're like me, you just delete the following inside the quotation marks. " [stealth]***; " With shift, assuming you're in combat, it'll use vanish. If you get pulled in combat right before you hit your stealth button, which sadly happens sometimes lol, at least you'll get the 30% dr as a consolation prize for not getting to stealth like you had hoped. So it's basically your default stealth, feint, vanish [with mod], and unstealth [with alt] button. Hopefully I didn't typo anything, I don't use the macro personally, I tend to use all my spells individually.

As for prep, that should definitely be it's own macro. You don't want to use prep for a 2nd vanish only. In regards to CoS, I have it as it's own spell. As a space saver you may wish to put defensives together, such as:

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [nomod]evasion;[mod:shift]cloak of shadows;[mod:alt]feint;[mod:ctrl]combat readiness
    There's 4 defensive in 1 button :) Though I'd probably use feint as the nomod actually since it's spammable.

Okay, so I just realized I turned this more into a rogue help post then regarding macros, sorry :D But I'll keep this info here anyway, I'm done. Peace :D
    First of, the objective of this macro IS to incorporate PREP into the vanish macro so that one button lets u use PREP with Vanish if you choose to do that. This macro is used as a panic button, or only for stealth out of combat. Ofc i have Prep, Vanish, COS and Evasion on separate keybinds as well :D

I like to keep COS separate to negate big damage spells like chaosbolts. But when you are in a jam, having to press 2 keys makes u generate a small "GCD" of sorts, thats where i use this macro for COS + Vanish

Again, if i just need to vanish, i use only the vanish spell. However, As a panic button, i do use this macro WITH PREP. Because, I feel i would need Vanish off cd asap. Following can be achieved form here :

1. Vanish COS prep > Vanish again later
    2. Vanish manually > Prep COS Vanish

Secondly, the condition statement that you mentioned above is really helpful if you are trying to be efficient. However, it kills the purpose of priority. The reason i kept them in separate lines is that, Line 1 is read before line 2. Its necessary because I wont want to use my Prep before I vanished even once :D. Therefore prep is /casted after vanish. Also, it wont allow me to prevent double vanish if I spam the button :P

Lastly, "Castsequence reset = 6 Vanish, null" was that i tried the first time. But sadly, it has some adverse affects that i dont really understand. Ideally it sud just get stuck at null if i spam it. However, it doesnt :( Thats, why i had to replace it with feint. However i will test it in game once more and let you know. Also, i dont need feint in that macro :D, just need a spell to prevent double spam.

Oh and thanks pointing out the pickpocket thing. I have a condition [stealth] added to the updated macro i use, so it doesnt throw errors. Its kinda useful to pickpocket simply by pressing the same button (specially if you love using it with the glyph :D)

EDIT : "Castsequence reset = 6 Vanish, null" works fine. Thanks! Dont know why it was fking up when i was making the macro. Specially since i use null in castsequence macros alot :D
    Edited: October 28, 2015

8. if you use this macro, you are bad.
    Well, i can also say that if you cant use macros 'cuz they are too complex for you', then you are bad :D. But, its up to personal opinion. If you are comfortable with using all those without a macro then its great. But that clearly doesn't mean that some one who uses it sucks :D. Your logic fails as much as you <3

9. You should incorporate what you just told me into your guide. That those long macros like that are not meant to replace the spells incorporated, but to be an additional binding and that the spells should still be placed on your action bars somewhere :P

Perhaps the first time you made the macro, you could have made an error somewhere without noticing. I myself have went weeks, even months at times with macros before I realized I typed something wrong lol. Or even worse, when shadowstep used to be bugged on one of the expacs regarding focus mods. I wasn't aware it was bugged and would review my macros for hours trying to figure out how I possibly messed it up :D

Using semicolons instead of /cast still uses the priority system. But for prep I use something similar to this one
    Code:
    #show Preparation
    /cast [nostealth] Evasion
    /stopcasting
    /cast sprint
    /stopcasting
    /cast preparation
    With all except dismantle since dismantle and prep are on gcd. And evasion only if not stealthed, because it breaks stealth.

10. Nice guide. Maybe you can help me create a macro for weapon switch :P ? I use 3 daggers: A (wound), B (mind-numbing), C (crippling). Now by default I have A,C equipped. I want a macro that will equip B to my offhand, preform a shiv then equip C to my offhand again. My problem is that daggers A,B are the same so every macro I found or made puts my main-hand (A) to my my offhand.

11. Nice guide. Maybe you can help me create a macro for weapon switch :P ? I use 3 daggers: A (wound), B (mind-numbing), C (crippling). Now by default I have A,C equipped. I want a macro that will equip B to my offhand, preform a shiv then equip C to my offhand again. My problem is that daggers A,B are the same so every macro I found or made puts my main-hand (A) to my my offhand.
    First off, which realm are u playing on? I play on MOP so the poisons cant be applied to weapons, but instead work as buffs. That means that if i remove both items, the poisons drop off. But swapping one weapon has no effect.

However, if you want to do this then I have a macro that should work (i use this for fishing on my warrior!)

/equipslot <weaponslot> <BagID> <BagSlotID>

In your case, if i have my dagger in my third bag first slot, then i will use :

/equipslot 17 2 1

This will keep swapping your offhand (17) and placing the item in bag 3 slot 1 (2 1)

Bags are numbered as 0,1,2,3,4 (0 being the 16 slot main bag)
    Bag slot ids are sequential in number (1-28, for a 28 slot bag)
    Weapon slots are 16 Main hand, 17 Off hand

I would NOT recommend using a macro with specific weapon name since if you have 2 of the same type of weapons the macro gets fked up :D. Just make a fixed space in your bag for your offhand weapon and use the macro infinitely :P.

So for you fishermen, who don't like making item sets, use the following :

Keep fishing poll in (for example) 5th bag, 24th slot

/equipslot 16 4 24

OR for you PVE'ers who like trinket swapping between phases. (trinket to be swapped is kept in bag 5 slot 24)

/equipslot 14 4 24

(Trinket slot one is 13, trinket slot two is 14. Keep in mind, most trinkets go on 30 second CD when equipped!, so use this very carefully!)

12. /equipset doesn't work?

EDIT: oops, wrong acc. this is Nasty :D

13. You should incorporate what you just told me into your guide. That those long macros like that are not meant to replace the spells incorporated, but to be an additional binding and that the spells should still be placed on your action bars somewhere :P

Perhaps the first time you made the macro, you could have made an error somewhere without noticing. I myself have went weeks, even months at times with macros before I realized I typed something wrong lol. Or even worse, when shadowstep used to be bugged on one of the expacs regarding focus mods. I wasn't aware it was bugged and would review my macros for hours trying to figure out how I possibly messed it up :D

Using semicolons instead of /cast still uses the priority system. But for prep I use something similar to this one
    Code:
    #show Preparation
    /cast [nostealth] Evasion
    /stopcasting
    /cast sprint
    /stopcasting
    /cast preparation
    With all except dismantle since dismantle and prep are on gcd. And evasion only if not stealthed, because it breaks stealth.
    Yes, Highly possible i made some mistake the first time!.

I am working on an improved version of the vanish macro with your suggestions in mind :). Will update it here. However i dont want to incorporate all my keybinds to this guide since i use a razer Naga and Orbweaver so my button space is pretty much infinite. Therefore I just kept the scope of this guide to be my Macros that make life easier :D.

For example, a really cool macro that i use on my assassin rogue :

#showtooltip Dispatch
    /targetenemy [dead][notarget]
    /castsequence [nomod] reset=0.3 0,Dispatch
    /castsequence [nomod] reset=0.3 Mutilate
    /cast [mod:shift] Envenom

Lets me instantly target the enemy infront of me IF i don't have one already. Then spams Mutilate > Dispatch > mutilate > dispatch like crazy XD. If I have a Dispatch proc it uses it instantly, else if not, then it moves on to the mutilate part and spams that if i have enough energy. Then I consume CP using Envenom on Shift modifier. HOWEVER i do have Dispatch kebinded separately as well since i need that on low health enemies!

P.S. You can use is macro on low target enemies as well but its not recommended cuz you will be using Mutilate and Dispatch both, instead of only dispatch!

14. /equipset doesn't work?

EDIT: oops, wrong acc. this is Nasty :D
    It does! but I understand people who dont like configuring item sets for just one item swap :D. I use item sets for RP. However, for just main hand swap i only use the one line macro. Both work the same i guess, its just about personal preference :P

To be honest, its like a Linux user vs Windows user. A linux user will use a command for opening a folder than clicking the folder directly, since they love doing it that way :P. Similarly, i prefer doing stuff using only macros.

Just to add : I am working on learning scripts so i can start modifying addons (starting with learning OUF unitframes atm). But a lot of people prefer highly customizable addons.

15. Needed this one for Wotlk. And thanks, equip by bag slot works perfectly :P

12 Last