1. Question about Warmane/retail comparison

Hey all,

I joined Warmane almost 2 weeks ago, and so far I have greatly enjoyed it. I play on Deathwing, mainly chosen because of the high population and the fact that it is WOTLK, which was my favorite of all the expansions during retail. I did heavy raiding in WOTLK, achieving a top 5 spot in best geared druids on my server. What I would like to know is this: What is different in the private server as far as end game content goes, compared to retail? what is the most notable things I should be aware of, and are there any tips any of you guys have for a player who has played retial WOTLK extensively, and would like to enjoy success on a private server?

2. Hey all,

I joined Warmane almost 2 weeks ago, and so far I have greatly enjoyed it. I play on Deathwing, mainly chosen because of the high population and the fact that it is WOTLK, which was my favorite of all the expansions during retail. I did heavy raiding in WOTLK, achieving a top 5 spot in best geared druids on my server. What I would like to know is this: What is different in the private server as far as end game content goes, compared to retail? what is the most notable things I should be aware of, and are there any tips any of you guys have for a player who has played retial WOTLK extensively, and would like to enjoy success on a private server?
    Uh it all depends what you wanna compare really? The raiding experience or what? I mean there's always gonna be noticeable differences but i'm not sure what that would be... Prob should be more specific. The one i see that will be different in the way that retail ''simulated'' it will be on Lordaeron since they are gonna script it like it was when they released it (the patch when X raid came to retail aka pre nerfed), same for all the raids in wrath.

3. Yeah I was looking at that. Not sure if transfers would be allowed TO that server. But I was asking mainly about the raiding experience, and everything surrounding it. Getting gear, does it really feel like I worked hard to get my stuff, or does the VP/coin system really cheapen the experience. The process of getting raid ready, and the raid experience itself, compared to retail.

4. Yeah I was looking at that. Not sure if transfers would be allowed TO that server. But I was asking mainly about the raiding experience, and everything surrounding it. Getting gear, does it really feel like I worked hard to get my stuff, or does the VP/coin system really cheapen the experience. The process of getting raid ready, and the raid experience itself, compared to retail.
    Nope no transfers at all! It's gonna be a hardcore realm (1x) and there will be no possible transfers from other wotlk realms... Then we will have Lord 2.0 (it ruined the server and economy). Well it's always gonna be rewarding to get gear regardless of other peoples gear progression... I only focus on myself and don't care of what gear other people have really... But sure it will affect the experience since people will have gear they don't deserve really but they can't buy skill... I never had issues with it really :) It feels like it should but easier to get it but with the new realm coming out it's gonna change :)

5. Yeah I was looking at that. Not sure if transfers would be allowed TO that server. But I was asking mainly about the raiding experience, and everything surrounding it. Getting gear, does it really feel like I worked hard to get my stuff, or does the VP/coin system really cheapen the experience. The process of getting raid ready, and the raid experience itself, compared to retail.
    The VP/Coin system only cheapens the experience if you use it. Otherwise you wouldn't really know how someone else obtained their gear.

6. WotLK 1x Realm: Lordaeron [Sep. 25 2015]

Hey all,

If you want to have the retail experience (or as close as you can get to it in Warmane), wait for Lordaeron, as the current WotLK game core implemented in Deathwing and Ragnaros is in a very bad shape in terms of scripting quality. Avoid all the other CATA or MoP realms, as their game cores are broken beyond any hope. Use your retail experience to report bugs you encounter while playing in the bugtracker and improve the game play in Warmane for all of us.

PS: AFAIK, transfers from other private servers are not supported in Warmane.
    Edited: September 13, 2015

7. ...Avoid all the other CATA or MoP realms, as their game cores are broken beyond any hope...
    Nailed it!