1. Looking to start boxing. Need some advice

Hey all,

Firstly it should be noted that I have no prior experience in multi boxing and am only looking to box 2 dps chars. So I had a few questions (Wotlk btw)
    1) Ranged or Melee class? I'm looking to do a double dps comp if that helps.
    2) What software would you recommend and any addons which you found useful
    3) How many chars can I box if I wanted to do more?
    Processor: AMD FX 6300 3.5ghz 6 cores.
    Graphics card: GTX 750 ti
    Ram: 8gb

Any other other information you think I would find useful. Thanks in advance.
    Edited: September 12, 2015 Reason: Fixed typo

2. Brief answers:

1) Either will work fine for only two characters. Any combination of classes and roles is fine for two characters.
    2) Personally recommend ISBoxer. If not that, then HotKeyNet.
    3) Depends what software you use and what settings/addons you use.

More in-depth answers:

1) If you only ever play two characters, anything will work for PvE. If you plan to add more characters later then you should put some thought into what you choose. Typically only one or two classes are used for PvP. For 5man PvE teams any combination can work, but classes which rely on random procs like Balance Druid Eclipse are harder to use effectively.

Easier PvE ones are elemental shamans and arcane mages. Shadow priests are easy-medium difficulty to manage, and are my favourite choice. For 10mans, it's easier to managed ranged classes on most fights. Priests normally shine for utility, arcane mages for simplicity and burst damage, and shamans are just ok. Handy thing with shamans is that they are good for PvP boxing.

For tanks, paladins are the easiest to manage. Simple rotation which can be put into a macro, and their Argent Defender talent can save you when you're in a tight spot from lack of heals or lag/fps drop. Also has a nice talent to reduce party damage. Using it on two paladin tanks greatly reduces incoming raid damage.

For healers I typically use a single disc priest. Sometimes a Resto shaman. Holy light specced hpals are awesome too, and are better on some fights than discs. They also beat shamans for heal boxing imo, but I like to keep one shaman in my team for heroism. Haven't played much with druids. They are decent but I find that bubbles from a Disc are very handy for boxing, pre-bubbling saves a lot of hassle. Then use the hpal/resto shaman to top up anybody who needs it, if the disc can't handle it (normally they can though).

2) There are other options out there which are simpler to set up, but these two offer the most flexibility. A lot of multiboxers use Jamba for multiboxing as it can simplify a lot of things. Any addons you use whilst playing one character will most likely still be useful. Such as DBM, Grid, Clique, Gladiator or whatever. Pick a piece of multiboxing software and go from there. Use whatever addons you need for your utility.

3) At a guess I'd say you could run 10 clients quite easily. Typical ISBoxer installs use more resources than HKN ones. Depends on many variables though such as multiboxing software, enabled features, resolution/monitor setup and in-game settings.

3. Hey all,

Firstly it should be noted that I have no prior experience in multi boxing and am only looking to box 2 dps chars.
    LOL this is how we all started.

kalvin and Pyro gave you some good "how we all got a start advice." Honestly its really on you how deep you go