1. It simply boils down to whether you want to cast or melee. Being that you're maining a healer you'd probably enjoy enhancement more, mix it up a bit.

2. It simply boils down to whether you want to cast or melee. Being that you're maining a healer you'd probably enjoy enhancement more, mix it up a bit.
    I would not say enhancement is casual mele. Meles are DKs, warriors, paladins or feral druids. Playing enhancement feels something like playing rogue but without that many defensive and survival CDs, and ofc, u can sustain yourself :)

Many classes and specs lets player slack a lot, as enhance decisions - what to do next, what spell to cast next - have to be made instantly and your DPS is as good as good your decisions making is. Since most warmane community players are not high skill capped(conclusion from pvp, since its dead on most realms) and lazy as hell, then enhancement is underplayed and not popular spec duo to its complexity by using your main damage spells, totems, cooldowns and procs tracking.
    If you are maining healer then I suggest you to go for elemental, since there is a lot of same items must have for both specs(I mean shield with haste and critical, weapon with haste and critical, some other items with crit and haste).

P.S. I would love to see comminity start to respect all 3 shaman specs.
    Edited: September 16, 2015

3. Both ele and enhance are both viable both fun to play and both have their respective streagths and weaknesses

As mentioned above howeve unless you want ti invest a lot of time, since your main spec as you mentioned was resto, a lot of the gear will be "fine" for elemental... not great as the stat priority is not the same however for heroics and other non progression content it wont be a big issue.

My two cents on the matter thou... in wrath and most other xpacs it much easyer to have more range then melee as boss mecanics etc favor range in a higher percentage of fights throughout every xpac.

4. Both ele and enhance are both viable both fun to play and both have their respective streagths and weaknesses

As mentioned above howeve unless you want ti invest a lot of time, since your main spec as you mentioned was resto, a lot of the gear will be "fine" for elemental... not great as the stat priority is not the same however for heroics and other non progression content it wont be a big issue.

My two cents on the matter thou... in wrath and most other xpacs it much easyer to have more range then melee as boss mecanics etc favor range in a higher percentage of fights throughout every xpac.
    Ele and resto have the pretty much the same stats prior - spell power, haste and crit on both.

First 12