1. Elemental vs Enhanciment

Hello Lordareon community. As the thread name suggests, i've decided to make an orc shaman once it releases. Well, although my main PVE spec will be restoration, i can't decide which dps one to take. Could you guys help me out?

I've read that enhanciment shaman are not as played as elemental, but are they so much worse than elemental? If possible, i would like to know more about those two dps specs: how they differ from each other; their good and bad point; advantages and disadvantages over each other and so on...

I would be really thankful for that :)

2. Hello Lordareon community. As the thread name suggests, i've decided to make an orc shaman once it releases. Well, although my main PVE spec will be restoration, i can't decide which dps one to take. Could you guys help me out?

I've read that enhanciment shaman are not as played as elemental, but are they so much worse than elemental? If possible, i would like to know more about those two dps specs: how they differ from each other; their good and bad point; advantages and disadvantages over each other and so on...

I would be really thankful for that :)

Well that depends, ive seen ups and downs with both specs while raiding during wotlk on retail with a enh/ele shaman in the group and well he ended up being ele later on in the expansion cuz he liked the spec more.

It all depends what you feel like like playing meele(with some instant procs for spells) or a range caster?.

Try out both spec on the blackrock pvp server with pve gear and decide from there

3. they're very close to the same dps wise. it's just preference if you want to be melee or ranged.

4. Elemental rotation is easier and also you will be able to use some of resto gear to somewhat good results (unlike enhancement) .

5. Thanks guys, im still not decide, but i'll look more trough other guides

6. PVE view point :

You should also consider what each brings to the raid.
    -Elemental gives the 5% aura thats same as balance aura (think it's crit /haste ?).
    -Enhancement gives you the 16% melee haste from totem, which can be increased with talents to 20% melee haste. This is the same as Frost Death Knight's aura.

If I were a Raid Leader with ample of group combinations and you were doing same DPS in both specs, I would choose Enhancement.
    This is due with Balance being chosen for the 5% buff, as well balance providing the 3% hit debuff for casters.

I'm also thinking there won't be many endgame frost deathknights due to shadow mourne quest chain, but I guess this sentence can be disregarded for the first few months of Lordaeron.

There also won't be death knights in the first 2months, so I can see how enhancement players will be in high demand in first 2 months, this could also create an imbalance (which will be sorted out eventualy) of how many shaman characters are made. You don't want too many of a certain class/spec in a raid.

7. I'm also thinking there won't be many endgame frost deathknights due to shadow mourne quest chain, but I guess this sentence can be disregarded for the first few months of Lordaeron.
    Yeah we all wondering how long the lolmourne quest will be active this time round before its disabled and sold on marketplace as well.

8. Yeah we all wondering how long the lolmourne quest will be active this time round before its disabled and sold on marketplace as well.
    That won't really happen on the Lord 1x realm cause that would ruin the whole realms purpose and would rip off the whole community so that's not gonna happen in a million of years... Warmane is not that dumb. Thanks for your input about shamans Pencil :)

9. So if the chains becomes exploitable again they will just deactivate it and leave it at that? Do you remember the first time here when it was working? Your account age says you was here but seems you forgot about that time i guess. It was said before it wouldnt happen and low and behold it did so maybe your million years is not as long as you think ;)

10. So if the chains becomes exploitable again they will just deactivate it and leave it at that? Do you remember the first time here when it was working? Your account age says you was here but seems you forgot about that time i guess. It was said before it wouldnt happen and low and behold it did so maybe your million years is not as long as you think ;)
    They said that they will script it so it won't be exploitable if you actually consider to think a bit outside the box they would not decide to do the same mistake again? I am well aware of how the quest was working back then and how it still does on the wrath servers. So approaching me like i am senile is pretty funny. Still if SOMEONE actually did exploit it they would just ban them straight away cause people can't get that fast... Although i think they are gonna make it so you cannot exploit it and the quest is (hopefully) gonna be working... Valanyr is already confirmed so. Still this is off-topic and i suggest we stop discussing it... At least in this insulting way :)

11. Enhancement is much easier, faster and reliable to level with but is inferior in late game.

Elemental is far more difficult, slower and frustrating to level with, but is superior in late game.

I've played many Shamans. These are my opinions, and my opinions are facts.
    Please visit the Shaman forum for further discussion about this topic.

12. Enhancement is much easier, faster and reliable to level with but is inferior in late game.

Elemental is far more difficult, slower and frustrating to level with, but is superior in late game.

I've played many Shamans. These are my opinions, and my opinions are facts.
    Please visit the Shaman forum for further discussion about this topic.
    I assume you mean 'end game' with 'late game', in which case i believe you're wrong, with that kind of gear enhancement is superior to elemental.It is however harder to play enha and ele will give much better results and consistent performances throughout a progressive release.

13. PVE view point :

You should also consider what each brings to the raid.
    -Elemental gives the 5% aura thats same as balance aura (think it's crit /haste ?).
    -Enhancement gives you the 16% melee haste from totem, which can be increased with talents to 20% melee haste. This is the same as Frost Death Knight's aura.

If I were a Raid Leader with ample of group combinations and you were doing same DPS in both specs, I would choose Enhancement.
    This is due with Balance being chosen for the 5% buff, as well balance providing the 3% hit debuff for casters.

I'm also thinking there won't be many endgame frost deathknights due to shadow mourne quest chain, but I guess this sentence can be disregarded for the first few months of Lordaeron.

There also won't be death knights in the first 2months, so I can see how enhancement players will be in high demand in first 2 months, this could also create an imbalance (which will be sorted out eventualy) of how many shaman characters are made. You don't want too many of a certain class/spec in a raid.
    I have played both to the endgame on Ragnaros, and I have this to say:

Currently, the increased SP on the Ele's Totem of Wrath (vs flametongue) stacks with Warlock's demonic pact, therefore, making them indispensable to any 25 man raid. I cannot comment whether the same will apply on Lordaeron.

In terms of endgame 25 man raiding, enhancement is very rarely seen due to bugs, it not contributing a unique buff to the raid, the high skill cap and low latency requirements.

On the other side of the coin, as PencilPusher has commented, the absence of DKs will cause an influx of enhancement shamans, and in addition, the tier 8 bonuses for enhancement are very, very good, so they may see some usage through Ulduar.

14. Elemental is simple, easy and booring spec. If u like to use 3 buttons over and over again go for it!
    Enhancement is very complicated, hardest spec in whole wow I have ever played. In overal both specs deal around the same amount of DPS.
    Both specs have their pros and cons.

Elemental PROS: Ranged, heavy burst potentional, high sustain damage, can heal pretty hard if necessary in raid critical situations, nearly ever runs out of mana, gives buff to raid and damage increase from totem of wrath.
    CONS: Booring as hell, your finger gonna start to hurt from spaming lightning bolt, needs a lof of haste and crit in gear.

Enhancement PROS: gives 2 buffs to raid group - 10% attack power and 20% mele haste, can do instant chain heals on raid when necessary, fun to play, damage increased by both - spell power and attack power, so u benefit the most from stuff like fish feast.
    CONS: Mele, can not burst as hard ele on start, needs to warm up for damage dealing, hard as hell and mostly in raids u gonna get tired, the most bugged spec in warmane( some talents and glyph not working), gear dependant - needs a lot of haste, attack power, crit and hit rating.

Conclusion - if you are looking for challange then go for enhancement, if u want simply but worthy stuff - elemental.
    Edited: September 15, 2015 Reason: english is not my native

15. especially on Lordaeron I would go for elemental... server will be hard to gear up and with ele you can reuse most pieces of gear (those without MP5), you need just 264 hit trinket and maybe one, two pieces with hit to cap it, and of course gradually build ilvl264+ set from EOFS and VOA

12 Last