1. Okay guys, I've just left Stormwind raid like 5 minutes ago. As a plater, i got hit by 5k from guards and 12k from officer. So, I could easily 1v1 any guard or even 1v2 with some hp loss. Officer of course is a problem and this damage is a bit OP, but still... guards are fine. If I can crit players for almost 10k, then guards doing 5k dmg are fine. Especially, that guards have something like 16k hp and 0 resilience, so bis geared people can basically 2-hit them.
    That's because you raid after midnight on a weekday when no one is actually playing and so there is no one else to attack except guards.

Realistic scenario right there.

2. So far the people that have disagreed with me have disagreed with me because:

1. That person doesn't understand world PvP and pulls arguments out just because that person wants to argue about something and enjoys bashing people on the internet because that's unfortunately what people do.

2. That person dislikes me (inevitable).

3. That person is stubborn and has already decided what is right and wrong before they even read anything.

It's funny.
    It's a good thing that you aren't posting just your personal narrow biased opinion, but an ultimate universal truth... because otherwise it would mean that they don't necessarily lack understanding, don't necessarily dislike you, and don't necessarily are being stubborn, but have a different opinion, something your actions would expose as you being unable to handle... which would be egregious.

3. I appreciate what you're trying to achieve fella, and i do appreciate all your efforts to actually bring this server's world pvp on another level. Which doesn't means that I gree with you. What love mate?

People disagreed with you because they don't understand world's PvP? You gonna lecture me and other people 'bout world pvp? I'm pretty sure sure that i've been playing this **** while you played super mario. Could swear on that one.

Who dislikes you? I have no reason to dislike you little fella, i'm level above. All i was trying to help you here a little, but your ignorance couldn't let the only person that were defending you do it.

Stubborn? Pretty sure they rode everything you wrote and no, guards wont be nerfed so ten/fifteen of you BiSers rush the city and fight fourty undergeared random people by charging/bladestormwing with shadowmourne behind 3 BiS hpalas/3 BiS resto shamans/ bIS destro locks etc. If that was your plan you failed already, later you'll probably bull****ing around 'bout you being best guild, etc. Apparently you're getting nuked by guards and that's so funny in my eyes, considering the fact you want them nerfed. YOU ARE BiS mate, DO YOU REALISE THE MEANING OF IT XD? Go blackrock, step into the ****ing arena, proove yourself worthy.
    Edited: September 15, 2015

4. While I'd agree with you @ markux that guard dmg pretty much kills pvp in areas like tanaris(maybe guards there could be nerfed,idk)but I don't see any problem with their dmg in big cities.Even in small groups(keep in mind i'm not counting groups of just a few people,like 3 people in a party) you can 2 shot any of the normal guards.They'd hit you once and die,that's about it.If you have even 1 healer,regardless of class,you can take that damage w/o a problem.The guards ain't SO many to wipe an entire raid,of course this depends on the raid,again not counting just a few people as a raid/party for world pvp events.As for the argument of whether or not it's the players' job to protect a city..I can't say that there isn't any truth in this,but city guards should be respectable as well.What's the point of having them around to ''guard'' the virtual cities if they can't do **** against an enemy player?

5. I believe the current consensus` that the vanilla guards are just fine.
    The biggest issues right now are the Officers who are able to randomly gib people, and that`s not really fun.

6. I believe the current consensus` that the vanilla guards are just fine.
    The biggest issues right now are the Officers who are able to randomly gib people, and that`s not really fun.
    There is no consensus, not from the player base anyway, as this very thread clearly demonstrates. The only members of the staff that seem to be commenting on this issue are moderators who, up until a few months ago, didn't even know this tweak existed. It would be great to hear the reasoning of the people that actually made the decision to implement this and if they still stand by their decision, despite the glaring flaws and the completely unretail-like status. It's also possible that those people are no longer part of the Warmane team and the only reason this "no fun allowed" bull**** still exists is because players haven't whined and pointed to it hard enough, in which case whine on.

7. i always tought warmane aiming to be blizzlike?! since those kind of things arent blizzlike, well... u know...

8. Oh yeah, makes perfect sense, buff up guards so they 2 shot players and keep stuff that is completely ruining server and players experience in PvP and BG's such as 10 LavaBursts multiboxing. Smart...
    Are you really aiming for blizzlike or not? Because either you put those as normal, or go change everything and let this server be another ******ed priv server like all others. This buffing guards only shows that you are making favours to crybabies

9. As Ret I've entered SW from the docks and cut through to the AH solo on numerous occasions, but I'm fairly certain Rets are one of if not the only ones able to do that... Totally agree that guards are really OP, think that players should serve as guards (as they do on both factions already) but guards should be nerfed or something. Goblins are off the wall insane for damage. It's definitely not fair how hard they hit, especially when you go to Gad and see some damn rdps wrecking everything in sight on the one spot above the Noggenfogger, when all you can do is kind of sit there and get eaten by guards or killed by the player. That's always a damn pleasure. If anything nerf the gobbo's

10. As Ret I've entered SW from the docks and cut through to the AH solo on numerous occasions, but I'm fairly certain Rets are one of if not the only ones able to do that...
    Don't pat yourself too hard on the back or you might damage your spine. Every single ranged class can do this without taking any damage, even melee lacking healing like warriors and rogues can do it in just about no time with a couple of mead masted caribous in their bags. Killing guards solo at 3 AM server time was never part of the problem. The problem is having to deal with their bull**** for no particular reason when you just want to go to SW and have some 1-5vX street fights. It feels extremely claustrophobic and unretail-like having to sit in the small area that you cleared of guards just so you don't aggro extra CC-immune dungeon bosses when having guards hit you for 300 damage on retail was actually beneficial to you.

How do you even rationalize increasing the damage of mobs who were meant as nothing but a deterrent for low lvl players of the opposite faction by 1000% AND making them immune to CC? I'm genuinely curious because no matter from which angle I look at it, it just comes out as a flat out terrible idea that handicaps PvP. Are there people who actually believe PvE gear amounts to a 1000% increase in player power? What the ****, honestly.
    Edited: September 18, 2015

11. Don't pat yourself too hard on the back or you might damage your spine. Every single ranged class can do this without taking any damage, even melee lacking healing like warriors and rogues can do it in just about no time
    Really though? Show me a priest able to cut through multiple guards at once without taking any damage. The AoW is what saves me when I do it, and just to let you know once you pass docks you can easily cut through to the park which is always empty any time of day.

12. Really though? Show me a priest able to cut through multiple guards at once without taking any damage. The AoW is what saves me when I do it, and just to let you know once you pass docks you can easily cut through to the park which is always empty any time of day.
    You never have to fight more than 2 guards, just dot both and run, by the time they catch up, they're either dead or 1 instant away from dead. You don't even have to do this as shadow because of how tanky you are against PvE trash, you can take 2 guards without moving an inch and still have more than half hp left without ever casting a single heal.

13. You never have to fight more than 2 guards, just dot both and run, by the time they catch up, they're either dead or 1 instant away from dead. You don't even have to do this as shadow because of how tanky you are against PvE trash, you can take 2 guards without moving an inch and still have more than half hp left without ever casting a single heal.
    Perhaps you're right, although there are certain locations where it is extremely difficult to not pull more than two, such as one of the park entrances. Either way guards are too OP and if we looked at goblins it'd be q different story

14. Perhaps you're right, although there are certain locations where it is extremely difficult to not pull more than two, such as one of the park entrances. Either way guards are too OP and if we looked at goblins it'd be q different story
    I practically live in SW, there aren't even any guards at the park. I assume you're talking about the entrance to the Mage Quarter, which only has 2 linked guards on the inner side of the entrance you can easily pull and one patrolling guard you can see from a mile away. There's nothing even close to being difficult there.

Goblins are definitely a whole different story however as they are usually clumped up in the neutral cities, hit harder and give you negative reputation if you kill them. The only way to PvP there is to exploit terrain, which just leads to cheap deaths.
    Edited: September 18, 2015

15. As Ret I've entered SW from the docks and cut through to the AH solo on numerous occasions, but I'm fairly certain Rets are one of if not the only ones able to do that... Totally agree that guards are really OP, think that players should serve as guards (as they do on both factions already) but guards should be nerfed or something. Goblins are off the wall insane for damage. It's definitely not fair how hard they hit, especially when you go to Gad and see some damn rdps wrecking everything in sight on the one spot above the Noggenfogger, when all you can do is kind of sit there and get eaten by guards or killed by the player. That's always a damn pleasure. If anything nerf the gobbo's
    +1

Message is too short so I'm adding this l0l.

First ... 23456 ... Last