1. Being in game for 5 years stops making it 'just' a bug. Also, this is a bug too, they're just probably too lazy to be bothered with it and simply call it custom content.

Anyways, just go make drama about something more important than useless guards...
    Did you even bother reading the thread before you started talking nonsense? The mod clearly stated that the developers said it was a custom feature and not something that they are too lazy to be bothered with. It was working properly and it was modified to do something that differs from retail, meaning it is custom content. Dungeon functions that have no scripts and are not working properly are not custom content, they are lack of content, or 'bugged'.

2. Did you even bother reading the thread before you started talking nonsense? The mod clearly stated that the developers said it was a custom feature and not something that they are too lazy to be bothered with. It was working properly and it was modified to do something that differs from retail, meaning it is custom content. Dungeon functions that have no scripts and are not working properly are not custom content, they are lack of content, or 'bugged'.
    Yes, I'm well aware of that. They said it like a year ago (might be more), and yet people still complain about it every month or so. I just stated that there are other more important things to complain about instead of useless guards. Call it bug, custom content or w/e, it's still pretty much irrelevant.

And it's pretty obvious that they won't tweak it back.
    Edited: September 23, 2015

3. Yes, I'm well aware of that. They said it like a year ago (might be more), and yet people still complain about it every month or so. I just stated that there are other more important things to complain about instead of useless guards. Call it bug, custom content or w/e, it's still pretty much irrelevant.
    The distinction between a bug and custom content isn't irrelevant in the slightest. One is an unwanted anomaly and the other is an intentional alteration. You don't discuss the pros and cons of bug fixes because bugs are inherently unwanted. Not only does the existence of more important things to discuss not preclude discussion of less important issues but also what you find more important is entirely subjective so I'm not sure what your point is supposed to be here.

If you know of bugs that haven't been reported yet, I don't see why this thread would stop you from reporting them right now.

And it's pretty obvious that they won't tweak it back.
    [Citation needed]
    Edited: September 23, 2015

4. What was the reason to buff guard damage in the first place?

5. Those city guards do hit pretty hard went to Stormwind on my Tauren druid the other day, was working towards my Explorers badge and also wanted to do the Stormwind Stockade as well, I got literally 2 shoted by guard npcs. But at the same time I knida of understand why the made guard npcs so over powered back in the day we had PvP *****s who come to Ogrimmar and kill AH npcs and just camp in Ogrimmar and just be Aholes in general.

6. i played on retail and iirc guards would hit around ~400 on my mage during wotlk. Indeed, this is a problem.

-Riince

7. so guards are the problem and the Undercity boss Sylvanas Windrunner has to be spawned EVERY time with a GM or you can't kill her because she is bugged in the lake behind the city. No sir, the guards ar not the problem.

8. so guards are the problem and the Undercity boss Sylvanas Windrunner has to be spawned EVERY time with a GM or you can't kill her because she is bugged in the lake behind the city. No sir, the guards ar not the problem.
    It's A problem, not all of them and the one you described is also a problem.

9. What was the reason to buff guard damage in the first place?
    That has been done in Molten's times.... probably some weird decission from people that do not even actually play the game. I hope with the porting of Lordaeron core this bug (and that is what it is!) will be fixed.
    Edited: November 14, 2015

10. Nerf booty bay ond gadgeztan guards, they are overpower and ppl dont make pvp there for that. But in main cities (ogri, sw, etc) let it be, i think main cities need to be a mayor challenge to invade, but why buff booty bay and gadgeztan? there is no point on that, ppl can go lvl in other place if they get killed there while leveling.

11. What was the reason to buff guard damage in the first place?
    It was increased, because people were farming reputation on the city guards in Booty Bay and since they were too easy to kill, one of the harder parts of an Achivement "Insane in the Membrane" was super easy if memory serves me correctly.

I agree with Markux that they hit waay too hard and if they focus on one person, who won't get help, there is no way he/she can survive unless it has great self-healing abilities. There are 100k+ hp mobs in Northrend that can be easily killed, but if you get 2 city guards for example while getting Explorer title in Darnassus, there is slim chance of you getting out alive, unless you have bubble or vanish or invisibility etc.

However I also understand why the Staff of Warmane sees this as non issue. I mean a lot of city raids just breeze through to the faction boss since most are done late at night and city is practically defensless since players are either asleep (offline) or doing stuff. Still this is an issue, because from my experience, getting to for example Thrall, who is the most important of Horde bosses in this expansion is pretty easy compared to the path to King Wrynn which has guards every other step compared to few in Orgrimmar.

And one thing. Bosses used to be a challange in itself in retail. Here they are tank and spank. I mean c'mon 2 people are enough to kill faction bosses if they get past city defenses. Been there, done that.

12. It was increased, because people were farming reputation on the city guards in Booty Bay and since they were too easy to kill, one of the harder parts of an Achivement "Insane in the Membrane" was super easy if memory serves me correctly.

I agree with Markux that they hit waay too hard and if they focus on one person, who won't get help, there is no way he/she can survive unless it has great self-healing abilities. There are 100k+ hp mobs in Northrend that can be easily killed, but if you get 2 city guards for example while getting Explorer title in Darnassus, there is slim chance of you getting out alive, unless you have bubble or vanish or invisibility etc.

However I also understand why the Staff of Warmane sees this as non issue. I mean a lot of city raids just breeze through to the faction boss since most are done late at night and city is practically defensless since players are either asleep (offline) or doing stuff. Still this is an issue, because from my experience, getting to for example Thrall, who is the most important of Horde bosses in this expansion is pretty easy compared to the path to King Wrynn which has guards every other step compared to few in Orgrimmar.

And one thing. Bosses used to be a challange in itself in retail. Here they are tank and spank. I mean c'mon 2 people are enough to kill faction bosses if they get past city defenses. Been there, done that.
    I still retain the belief that the players are the ones that should be defending. Guards are there to keep in combat/dismount IMO but the rest should be up to the opposite faction and the fact is people DO defend now. One of the reasons I've stopped attacking Orgrimmar often is simply due to the number of players that defend vs the size of the attacking raid - they're brutal! They completely obviate the requirement for high damage from city guards.

That said, yes, the faction leaders are just tank and spank. As a matter of fact buffing them would be a great idea since even 2/3 can do it as Gokuzg has stated.
    Edited: November 14, 2015

13. What bothers me the most is the fact they cannot be cc'd in any way and really hard to kill as a warrior since you can't even rend them.
    I get it that they wanted to fix something, but this is a really half-assed fix.

First ... 56789 Last