1. I still retain the belief that the players are the ones that should be defending. Guards are there to keep in combat/dismount IMO but the rest should be up to the opposite faction and the fact is people DO defend now. One of the reasons I've stopped attacking Orgrimmar often is simply due to the number of players that defend vs the size of the attacking raid - they're brutal! They completely obviate the requirement for high damage from city guards.

That said, yes, the faction leaders are just tank and spank. As a matter of fact buffing them would be a great idea since even 2/3 can do it as Gokuzg has stated.
    Perhaps that's the case, but I'm fairly certain it wasn't always that way. Do we know why defender behavior has changed? Personally, I know I'm much more confident with jumping on someone knowing that the hard-hitting guard(s) will assist me. Perhaps this is a contributing factor?
    I get it that they wanted to fix something, but this is a really half-assed fix.
    I don't know if you knew this, but this change happened more than a year ago. The development team has only one or two of its former members to my knowledge, none of which worked on Wrath previously. So no, I don't see how your statement is applicable currently. I'd recommend you look at Lordaeron for an accurate approximation for how we want things.
    I'd appreciate it we kept the "smack talking" out of this discussion and off the forum.

2. I don't know if you knew this, but this change happened more than a year ago. The development team has only one or two of its former members to my knowledge, none of which worked on Wrath previously. So no, I don't see how your statement is applicable currently. I'd recommend you look at Lordaeron for an accurate approximation for how we want things.
    I'd appreciate it we kept the "smack talking" out of this discussion and off the forum.
    Can I be a smart*ss and point out the poor guy meant people who applied the "half-assed fix" and never stated he was talking about the current Staff of Warmane? ;p

Anyway, jokes aside. World PvP is kinda dead, and I've seen a lot of city raids where only a handful of people were interested in defending the city. On retail it worked, because the population was larger and it was waay easier to form a defending raid just from people outside of the faction cities. Hell, I've been killed many times where I tried to at least stall the raid until the proper defence arrived only to realize no one was coming to defend Thrall. Here, we have a bunch of dead cities like Silvermoon and Exodar + the one city for each faction where everyone goes (Og and Sw).

Like I said, most bosses can be done with 1-2 people, sneaking past everything since the defence is non-existent and only slightly harder Orgimmar and Stormwind where not only people can sometimes defend if you attack in the middle of the day, but guard placement might make it harder to reach the boss, like the hallway to Varian. which from my experience is pretty damn difficult to pass.

I find it funny that the guards are more of a challange than the actual faction bosses and I hope that when Ragnaros recives the updates done on Lord (or the core, idk) it will be fixed :D

@Edit Forgot to mention that not a lot of people attack cities during the day, only big raids formed for achivements and mount do it so having the guards protect city at night might discourage the people who pick late hours to kill bosses in a sneaky way and give them the push to form a raid in the middle of the day and actually do some World PvP pew pews.
    Edited: November 16, 2015

3. A guy complaining about city guards damage that has LoLmourne.

Seems legit.

4. Bump, they're still doing too much damage!

5. Hello this is a reply to bump this post up so people can keep seeing it.

6. I hate to say it but I don't think anything will be fixed until they transfer the core and combine the servers, so you may have a long wait.

7. I hate to say it but I don't think anything will be fixed until they transfer the core and combine the servers, so you may have a long wait.
    The update will happen in the 1st quarter of 2016. that means 2,5 month left at max. (ofcourse this is an Estimated TA)

8. Wow Excellent topic Markux. I hope something will be done about this !

If proof are needed, you can take a loot at Akrios's Eviscerate X (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NkIhYTotbdM at about 23 min). We can see that he kill guards in like about 3 Fan of Knives, and that they hit him at about 400-500 damage. This make a significant difference compare to our actual guards, and also explain why i never saw a rogue in Stormwind or Ironforge.

9. You should not define this as PVP cause nobody is controlling the guard.
    You should not expect to kill thor with no tank and heal as same as you cant do this to LK.
    You should not worry about the rules cause it apply to everyone.
    You should not arguing about the game content cause this is a private server and the rule is play or f**k off.

10. You should not define this as PVP cause nobody is controlling the guard.
    I will define it as an aspect of PvP because it directly affects the outcome of fights in world PvP. That's like spirit healers in BGs are not part of PvP because they are not controlled by a player.

You should not expect to kill thor with no tank and heal as same as you cant do this to LK.
    Who the f*** is Thor? AHAHAHAHAHA. Also, you can kill Thrall without a tank. I've done it.

You should not worry about the rules cause it apply to everyone.
    You should not arguing about the game content cause this is a private server and the rule is play or f**k off.
    1. What on Earth are you talking about? Rules are applied to everyone. Of course they are. That does not mean that we should always like them. What do you think happens in a democracy? There are laws that apply to everyone and they change over time as society changes and old regulations become unsuitable or outright wrong (y'know, like slavery or gun ownership).

2. Arguing about the server's rules is not forbidden. Far from it, any party responsible for any kind of service whether it's a wow private server or a completely different type of company requires feedback so that it can improve the experience for all of its customers (players in the case of Warmane). Also it's "you should not be* arguing". Please learn to write properly before you start implying that I should "f***k off".

11. Irrespective of their damage, these guards cannot even be CC'd. No stuns, no slows, not even bleeds. Being able to CC them would already make a huge difference (even if you don't nerf the damage they do).

12. I will define it as an aspect of PvP because it directly affects the outcome of fights in world PvP. That's like spirit healers in BGs are not part of PvP because they are not controlled by a player.

Who the f*** is Thor? AHAHAHAHAHA. Also, you can kill Thrall without a tank. I've done it.

1. What on Earth are you talking about? Rules are applied to everyone. Of course they are. That does not mean that we should always like them. What do you think happens in a democracy? There are laws that apply to everyone and they change over time as society changes and old regulations become unsuitable or outright wrong (y'know, like slavery or gun ownership).

2. Arguing about the server's rules is not forbidden. Far from it, any party responsible for any kind of service whether it's a wow private server or a completely different type of company requires feedback so that it can improve the experience for all of its customers (players in the case of Warmane). Also it's "you should not be* arguing". Please learn to write properly before you start implying that I should "f***k off".

Nah, you just messing up with the definition. PVE = Player VS Environment. Anything other than player is environment, including any mechanism.
    PVP is how player use these mechanism to fight, which is purely depend on player.
    Think about those boring guys killing newbies in Stranglethorn Vale.
    And those people who stay all the time in Dalaran and never goes out.
    And yes the spirit healers is like ress angel so you can keep playing, that's environment.
    You cant just personally make up a new concept of 'world PVP' and argue about it.
    The whole idea is you are blaming the outcome of environment cause you can't 'world PVP' in your favorable way.

Yes you can kill thrall without tank but you still need healer right?
    Without healer, you can still PVP, but without tank and healer, you can't PVE.
    Remember Thrall won't think and it's just a part of environment.
    So is the city guard .

In democracy there are sch**l gun sh*ts, p*blic rapes and more which never get punished.
    Yes we should have some democracy but you need someone's guide (like nearly half of people in the world don't have real democracy).
    That is where the game designer step in.
    They build up rules and we play as how they design it.
    Just like you get banned if you break them.

Check the forum rules and you will see you can only make suggestion about rules but not 'arguing' about it.
    And not all player know how to speak English very well so please receive a 'f*ck off' from all non-english speaking player.
    Think another way, if we don't speak english, how do make suggestion? or should we just f*ck off?

Another thing is, for R server, I doubt if you can find more than 500 ppl who ever think this should be changed.
    Cause is actually a PVE realm. That's it.

13. Another thing is, for R server, I doubt if you can find more than 500 ppl who ever think this should be changed.
    Cause is actually a PVE realm. That's it.
    You are so wrong it hurts.

14. You are so wrong it hurts.
    OK, it hurts some ppl. I don't want to count anyway. XD
    I've talk to the ppl who play with me.
    Their don't ever think about this or feeling uncomfortable.
    May because they are PVE player.
    Anyway, I still don't believe that more than 50% of player would vote for changing it (Democracy!).
    I bet most of ppl focus on achievement not the attack itself.
    Come on, admit R server is PVE realm and everything 'seems legit'.

First ... 6789 Last