1. Just two points:

- no, the defense of the city shouldn't be up to the players by themselves any more than training others' skills or giving out quests. The city isn't just the players, and the city exists even if most of the players are out or asleep. Going by what you want, every single player from the city who wasn't logged in could be spawned as an NPC to help defend the city, making it even more difficult;

- you're wanting to invade a city with a small group... read the underline a few times. It's not an outpost, it's not a backwater village. You're going against the best defense the city can muster to keep their citizens safe. From what I've read, that isn't in fact how retail was, so it's not a matter of "Blizz-like," just a design choice to make city invasions actually be more meaningful than what happens when a small group is bored.
    As a matter of fact that is exactly how retail was and still isn't. Yes at the start of a expansion the guards will seem pretty powerful but once everybody gets some gear they become easier, and at the end of a expansion they are a total joke, something that isn't even a factor apart from combat. The fact that I in full BiS end game gear (pvp) can't outheal 4+ guards on a plate dps is absurd. Having to swap to full BiS end game pve gear and do 18-28k heals just to be able to outheal guards on my buddy while trying to do get the Bloodsail Admiral titel is plain stupid.

Yes I can understand that the guards should pose a threat on a server where everybody is BiS and and never move on, but the amount of damage they do is over the top.

2. As a matter of fact that is exactly how retail was and still isn't. Yes at the start of a expansion the guards will seem pretty powerful but once everybody gets some gear they become easier, and at the end of a expansion they are a total joke, something that isn't even a factor apart from combat. The fact that I in full BiS end game gear (pvp) can't outheal 4+ guards on a plate dps is absurd. Having to swap to full BiS end game pve gear and do 18-28k heals just to be able to outheal guards on my buddy while trying to do get the Bloodsail Admiral titel is plain stupid.

Yes I can understand that the guards should pose a threat on a server where everybody is BiS and and never move on, but the amount of damage they do is over the top.
    That's explain why it's PVE not PVP. XD

3. there is only one problem with op guards - immunity to CC skills, since bugtracker of dw/rag is deleted i can just link here all screenshots with that crazy shiet. leave dat damage there, i dont even care and no one (only with brain) should. why the fuk i should be bothered with dmg of guuards when i just could cc them (slows, roots, fears, disarms, etc). just fix this fuking thing plz

4. there is only one problem with op guards - immunity to CC skills, since bugtracker of dw/rag is deleted i can just link here all screenshots with that crazy shiet. leave dat damage there, i dont even care and no one (only with brain) should. why the fuk i should be bothered with dmg of guuards when i just could cc them (slows, roots, fears, disarms, etc). just fix this fuking thing plz
    They're even immune to bleeds, it's non-sensical.
    Edited: February 8, 2016

5. The only problem if you lower the guards damage, low lvl zones would just be full of noob 80s constantly killing low 40s in places like tanaris. It think with a normal raid group they shouldn't be much of s problem.

There are still a few wpvp zones like STV that's always got some sort of wpvp going on, maybe places like this can be made more known and make the wpvp more interesting. Also how about arrange some wpvp between our guilds (ally and horde)

6. The only problem if you lower the guards damage, low lvl zones would just be full of noob 80s constantly killing low 40s in places like tanaris. It think with a normal raid group they shouldn't be much of s problem.

There are still a few wpvp zones like STV that's always got some sort of wpvp going on, maybe places like this can be made more known and make the wpvp more interesting. Also how about arrange some wpvp between our guilds (ally and horde)
    Tanaris used to have large 40v40 guild vs guild fights back when guards would not literally one-shot you. Whatever PvP you find there now pales in comparison to what you used to get (think Awaken vs Tears of the Pro Over, KNIGHTS TEMPLAR vs CRAWLERS, Art of War vs Tears of the Pro Over, etc).

7. Yes I agree with you before crash was great for guild wars. Maybe that's something we can start to build on, and get things going again. One of the main problem at the moment on horde side is population.

8. Yes I agree with you before crash was great for guild wars. Maybe that's something we can start to build on, and get things going again. One of the main problem at the moment on horde side is population.
    +1 and at least make it retail like for the damage that the officers do. Great thread guys!

First ... 789