1. Non-experienced Holy Priest gets killed almost every time by Devourer of Souls

Hello...

I recently rolled a priest mainly to learn about tactics of shadow priest because i find them really hard to beat with my lock. When I was lvl 50 i tried healing with holy spec. I fell in love...

So after some time I geared enough to heal FoS HC. Everything works smoothly until my team gets to Devourer of Souls.

Problem starts when the boss start the "Unleashed Souls" phase. Those mobs break my PW: Shield, and just start kicking me really hard. Casting time of my Flash Heal is endless and me and the tank are getting low on HP. So i have to chose between putting Guardian Spirit on me, or the tank. I chose tank. They can still kill the boss. So I die, but i can still heal them for some time. Sometimes they menage to kill the boss, sometimes don't.

So... Can anyone give me some help, maybe some tactic for this boss, because I'm sick and tired of dying and listening complains of my team, which I completely understand... After all, it is my fault.

2. Try to use GA on yourself. Tanks have multiple ways how to absorb dmg, you dont. Its better to use instants when you are attacked. (improved renew - its kinda wastefull to use it just for instant heal, but you can always cast it without delay) This situation is also great for binding heal since tank and you are both taking dmg.
    Edited: September 15, 2015

3. Also, circle of healing on cd, desperate prayer, take the body and soul talent to speed you up and run away from mobs when you shield yourself, greater heal on surge of light procs... lots of ways to avoid those mobs and their damage.

4. Speccing into 1/1 Desperate Prayer and 5/5 Soul Warding are great for exactly the situation you're facing. I don't have much to add besides that. Keep Prayer of Mending bouncing, use Binding Heal/Prayer of Healing when they're called for, and when everyone is topped off but you expect heavy amounts of damage coming in soon, use Renew/Power Word: Shield.

5. Ty all. :) You helped me so much.

6. It does, unless you've HoTted everyone, which you shouldn't do on this boss. Fade wipes your threat entirely, making you start from 0, and then gives you the wiped threat back after 10 seconds, on top of whatever threat you have generated during those 10 seconds. If you have any sort of healing or AoE threat in the raid - Divine Storm is a perfect example, any kind of buff also generates aggro.

Pre-heal everyone and shield yourself in advance so that Weakened Soul can fade, and shield the tank right before the spirits. When the spirits zerg you just use Fade and shield again to run away via Body and Soul. If you're really that desperate, Guardian Angel will save you. Hell, even standing in one place and spamming Flash Heal will save you, I don't know how you can die on this fight as a Priest, really...
    Edited: September 15, 2015

7. Just tried your advice, and it work like a charm. Again, ty all. :)

8. It does, unless you've HoTted everyone, which you shouldn't do on this boss. Fade wipes your threat entirely, making you start from 0, and then gives you the wiped threat back after 10 seconds, on top of whatever threat you have generated during those 10 seconds. If you have any sort of healing or AoE threat in the raid - Divine Storm is a perfect example, any kind of buff also generates aggro.

Pre-heal everyone and shield yourself in advance so that Weakened Soul can fade, and shield the tank right before the spirits. When the spirits zerg you just use Fade and shield again to run away via Body and Soul. If you're really that desperate, Guardian Angel will save you. Hell, even standing in one place and spamming Flash Heal will save you, I don't know how you can die on this fight as a Priest, really...
    Good to know. Thanks for the advice, will try it in the next run.