1. You forget that people from 1-58 can go dungeons and get equal AND better gear than DK´s. But even if there is a significant difference, you can open DKs after classic has been done and BC approaches.
    You're really trying to compare grinding for gear in dungeons with simply completing the starting quests?

2. He is right, if DK are released with Northrend they will start at level 55 while all other classes will be at level 70, they won't be able to join the race
    They will still be able to compete for Realm first raid achievements, class achievement as well as first aid achievement.

3. As far as I know, DKs aren't being limited in the way you've said. Unless another staff member posted about this, I have no idea where you got the impression this was going to be the case.
    UPDATED: August 15, 2015

Below are the designed, expected and suggested and future Lordaeron features and are not final. This topic will serve as the primary information page for Lordaeron until a dedicated realm page is added to the information page.

DESIGN FEATURES
    Realm name: Lordaeron (Public Test Realm)
    Expansion: Wrath of the Lich King 3.3.5a
    Release date: September 25, 2015
    Rates: 1
    Dungeon Finder disabled
    Anti-cheat: Enhanced Sentinel detection
    Armory PvP and PvE ladder
    No point store
    Limited coin store:
    - No character level boosts
    - No profession boosts
    - No realm transfer
    - No character rename
    - No heirlooms
    - No legendary items
    - Limitations to companion and mount availability
    - Item availability based on realm's progression
    - Item availability based on in-game obtainability
    - Must have a lower tier equipped before higher item can be obtained using coins
    - Item level requirement (i.e. must have Edge of Agony equipped before Fleshrender can be obtained using coins
    - Increased item coin costs
    Character naming policy (names such as ifakursis, lickmylala or ieaturazz being strictly forbidden)
    Eastern Kingdoms and Kalimdor release at launch
    Outland release 1 month after launch
    Northrend release 2 months after launch
    Death Knight release 2 months after launch
    Take a look at it ;)

4. As far as I know, DKs aren't being limited in the way you've said. Unless another staff member posted about this, I have no idea where you got the impression this was going to be the case.
    Pretty sure I also read that DK's will be released with Northrend... can't find source though, it's in the million post thread about the PTR.

You forget that people from 1-58 can go dungeons and get equal AND better gear than DK´s. But even if there is a significant difference, you can open DKs after classic has been done and BC approaches.
    You forget that vanilla isn't forgiving with items. On level 58, the average player may have 3-4 blues, while the DK is fully equiped in blues. Go to any of the current servers, get a DK, go to outland. Without getting any outlands gear you can STILL kill people with a few outlands pieces (which are a huge boost to vanilla's)...

Also, to get full blues on a 58 means a lot of dungeons, time better spent on questing. Equal gear? Maybe. Better gear at 58? No. DK items are BiS for their level.

5. Pretty sure I also read that DK's will be released with Northrend... can't find source though, it's in the million post thread about the PTR.

You forget that vanilla isn't forgiving with items. On level 58, the average player may have 3-4 blues, while the DK is fully equiped in blues. Go to any of the current servers, get a DK, go to outland. Without getting any outlands gear you can STILL kill people with a few outlands pieces (which are a huge boost to vanilla's)...

Also, to get full blues on a 58 means a lot of dungeons, time better spent on questing. Equal gear? Maybe. Better gear at 58? No. DK items are BiS for their level.
    Making DK playable after 2 or 3 weeks of classic would be fair then? Most people will be level 60 after one week, with having epic gear after 10 days, so by then it should be fine.

6. MC is 20 man or even 10+ man with the WOTLK talents easy epic gear which are better then the DKs starting gear or equal of it depending on which items.

Also as i said earlier PVP items easy honor grind for them (if it cost the same amount it did on retail for them).

Also the PVP items are/was BiS for PVE/PVP for several classes as i said (like the healing mace, 2h Sword for warriors, xbow for hunters, staff for casters and so on).

There is many ways you can equalize yourself agaisnt a DK, also PVP arent balanced around 60 since this is wotlk ..

7. No. It won't be fine.

People don't just go all in a wave to 60, there will ALWAYS be fresh 58's, fresh 60's who would have a huge disadvantage to better equiped dk's.

Releasing them with Outlands seems to me like a better ideea. Still in the race to 80/professions, not as big of an issue as releasing them in vanilla.

8. Take a look at it ;)
    Instead of being a smartass, you could directly quote it. That makes me feel like I want to give you a hard time in return.

Also, at your statements of it being unfair;
    The only achievement a DK may lose out on is realm first level 80.
    Professions still require Northrend materials, and there is always realm first level 80 Death Knight to be had. You'll have plenty time to farm materials with an alternate character which you can feed the Death Knight upon its availability. And why should Death Knights be allowed to participate in pve and pvp content when the max level is 60 or 70 when it was never that way on retail? Death Knights don't even have an honor or tier gear set which they can obtain until Northrend.

9. No. It won't be fine.

People don't just go all in a wave to 60, there will ALWAYS be fresh 58's, fresh 60's who would have a huge disadvantage to better equiped dk's.

Releasing them with Outlands seems to me like a better ideea. Still in the race to 80/professions, not as big of an issue as releasing them in vanilla.
    Why?, what does it hurt you really.... You will basically have the same gear anyways sooner or later and they have to lvl another char to 55.

Just let them release them during launch ^^

10. MC is 20 man or even 10+ man with the WOTLK talents easy epic gear which are better then the DKs starting gear or equal of it depending on which items.

Also as i said earlier PVP items easy honor grind for them (if it cost the same amount it did on retail for them).

Also the PVP items are/was BiS for PVE/PVP for several classes as i said (like the healing mace, 2h Sword for warriors, xbow for hunters, staff for casters and so on).

There is many ways you can equalize yourself agaisnt a DK, also PVP arent balanced around 60 since this is wotlk ..
    You all gotta admit Obiee is right, especially with the MC thing. Youll rush into MC the first day with 10 people and get your epics even before someone starts leveling as a DK.

11. Making DK playable after 2 or 3 weeks of classic would be fair then? Most people will be level 60 after one week, with having epic gear after 10 days, so by then it should be fine.
    Lol you REALLY think that people will have epic gears after 10 days? That sounds really impossible in my eyes due to how many players are gonna compete with loot... Also you have to take regards to the players (how much they spend in the game, how effective they level etc..). Not all of them are gonna be blasting through the content like in an instant but it's gonna be easier due to the wotlk talents and scalings.

MC is 20 man or even 10+ man with the WOTLK talents easy epic gear which are better then the DKs starting gear or equal of it depending on which items.

Pretty sure honor in lower levels are harder to get then what it was when you were level 80... You don't gain that fast honor as you did when you are level 80 unless they are still gonna have same honor formulas that they had in wrath but i don't know how that's gonna work either... Still i think DK in vanlia would cause major unbalance but i'm not sure about the TBC content really... It has said that it's gonna be release at Northrend so i'll assume that is the case. Also it would not be like retail if they had DKS in Vanlia/BC

Btw read Mercy reply... It summed up my opinion pretty well.

12. Pretty sure I also read that DK's will be released with Northrend... can't find source though, it's in the million post thread about the PTR.
    I was unsure about it too, hence why I asked.

13. I was unsure about it too, hence why I asked.
    I searched but to no avail... The only thing i saw was on the main post about 2 months till Death Knight release (along with Northrend)

14. Lol you REALLY think that people will have epic gears after 10 days? That sounds really impossible in my eyes due to how many players are gonna compete with loot... Also you have to take regards to the players (how much they spend in the game, how effective they level etc..). Not all of them are gonna be blasting through the content like in an instant but it's gonna be easier due to the wotlk talents and scalings.

Pretty sure honor in lower levels are harder to get then what it was when you were level 80... You don't gain that fast honor as you did when you are level 80 unless they are still gonna have same honor formulas that they had in wrath but i don't know how that's gonna work either... Still i think DK in vanlia would cause major unbalance but i'm not sure about the TBC content really... It has said that it's gonna be release at Northrend so i'll assume that is the case. Also it would not be like retail if they had DKS in Vanlia/BC

Btw read Mercy reply... It summed up my opinion pretty well.

That depends in bgs u could make alot if u did AV or pvp during pvp weekends also 2h Weapons cost like 290 honor

15. I agree with OP and believe DK's should be released before Northrend. If people find them being OP while we're playing vanilla content, release them along with BC like others have mentioned already. The argument "is not blizzlike" falls very short since the term "blizzlike" is very subjective these days. Just the fact we're using the 3.3.5 patch at the release makes the argument obsolete...

First 123412 ... Last