1. Unfair towards future DK players:

Hello Warmane Community,

id like to point out a few things which hopefully can be changed for the sake of fairness and happy DKs.

Although blizzard implemented DKs with the opening of Wotlk Content, i find it very difficult and sad that there is no possibility to play DKs in the first 2 months of the realm being released. There are things blizzard did good, there are things blizzard did wrong, but there are things where you cant follow blizzards way on a strict path, like the release of DKs in this case.

What is the difference between having DKs released from the beginning, and after 2 months:

DKs can join the race for realm first achievments (just like everyone else)
    DKs can farm achievments, gold, professions on their main character from the start on (just like everyone else)
    DKs can actively raid/PvP on 60/70 content (just like everyone else)

What do the people which dont play a DK loose?

Nothing.

If you dont change your oppinion regarding that, you will just have a bunch of unhappy DK players which are forced to play some other class if they want to play from the first day as their main and compete for realm firsts or have fun in the first 2 months.

As you are willing to adjust things, i think this is something you have to look at. This is nothing which will harm other players, it will only benefit those of us who would like to play a DK from the first days on. (Of course after leveling something else to 55 first) As we are gonna leave our starting zone on approx 57-58, it totally fits into 60 content and leveling there afterwards.

I really see no reasons to deny this idea, if you got any constructive thoughts about this, ill gladly discuss it with everyone. But dont come at me with that "its not blizzlike", changing Naxxramas isnt blizzlike as well, but for the sake of happy players it will be done.

Thank you for reading.

2. Hello Warmane Community,

id like to point out a few things which hopefully can be changed for the sake of fairness and happy DKs.

Although blizzard implemented DKs with the opening of Wotlk Content, i find it very difficult and sad that there is no possibility to play DKs in the first 2 months of the realm being released. There are things blizzard did good, there are things blizzard did wrong, but there are things where you cant follow blizzards way on a strict path, like the release of DKs in this case.

What is the difference between having DKs released from the beginning, and after 2 months:

DKs can join the race for realm first achievments (just like everyone else)
    DKs can farm achievments, gold, professions on their main character from the start on (just like everyone else)
    DKs can actively raid/PvP on 60/70 content (just like everyone else)

What do the people which dont play a DK loose?

Nothing.

If you dont change your oppinion regarding that, you will just have a bunch of unhappy DK players which are forced to play some other class if they want to play from the first day as their main and compete for realm firsts or have fun in the first 2 months.

As you are willing to adjust things, i think this is something you have to look at. This is nothing which will harm other players, it will only benefit those of us who would like to play a DK from the first days on. (Of course after leveling something else to 55 first) As we are gonna leave our starting zone on approx 57-58, it totally fits into 60 content and leveling there afterwards.

I really see no reasons to deny this idea, if you got any constructive thoughts about this, ill gladly discuss it with everyone. But dont come at me with that "its not blizzlike", changing Naxxramas isnt blizzlike as well, but for the sake of happy players it will be done.

Thank you for reading.
    DK playes still have to level up another character to 55 lvl to unlock DK class. I think it is bad idea to release them with Northrend but if they want to make it like blizzard did its ok.
    But there is one problem. It is the race for the Realm first Kel'thuzad kill. If they release naxxramas at the same time when they release Northrend, DKs won't be able to get realm first on kel. They should open naxx 2-3 weeks after releasing Northrend so every class can compete from begining

3. DK playes still have to level up another character to 55 lvl to unlock DK class. I think it is bad idea to release them with Northrend but if they want to make it like blizzard did its ok.
    But there is one problem. It is the race for the Realm first Kel'thuzad kill. If they release naxxramas at the same time when they release Northrend, DKs won't be able to get realm first on kel. They should open naxx 2-3 weeks after releasing Northrend so every class can compete from begining
    Releasing Naxxramas later will just harm everybody, releasing DKs from the first day, wont harm anyone. And leveling to 55 takes a day, while waiting for Northrend takes 2 months as a dk player. Id rather nolife for a day and play my DK, than wait 60 days.

4. Why not just release them when the first person hits lvl 60? wouldnt that make it more fair?

5. Agreed to the post, i am myself playing DK since so long but gave up the idea because 'Who will wait for 2 months ?"
    Would really appreciate if they keep DK locked for may be 1 month only.

6. Why not just release them when the first person hits lvl 60? wouldnt that make it more fair?
    As there is no achievment for realm first 60, it doesnt really matter if you wait for that or not. But in the end that also okey, because a few people will hit 60 after 1 day already :D

7. DK's leave their starting zone at level 58, correct.

But, they leave their starting zone with near-BiS armor and weapon. How fair would that make the PvE and PvP ? DK's would just destroy everything.

Launching them with Outlands? I see no problem there.

8. DK's leave their starting zone at level 58, correct.

But, they leave their starting zone with near-BiS armor and weapon. How fair would that make the PvE and PvP ? DK's would just destroy everything.

lol i dont plan on playing DK as a main but i had their opinion (why not to release them sooner) and after your comment i changed my mind... their gear sure is strong after they leave their island ^^

9. DK's leave their starting zone at level 58, correct.

That depends, If pvp gear is obtained with honor (like WOTLK retail) its so easy to grab BiS gear for both PVP and PVE (PVP set was equal of tier 2,5 for many classes during vanilla and also there was no resil on the gear)

But the devs decide what will happen

10. To be honest i doubt they will change what they have said really but your always allowed to question the decision or ask why they have reason like they did. Although would make sense to enable them at Outlands perhaps but we will see...

11. DK's leave their starting zone at level 58, correct.

You forget that people from 1-58 can go dungeons and get equal AND better gear than DK´s. But even if there is a significant difference, you can open DKs after classic has been done and BC approaches.

12. You forget that people from 1-58 can go dungeons and get equal AND better gear than DK´s. But even if there is a significant difference, you can open DKs after classic has been done and BC approaches.
    Still the starting gear is basically free and people will prob be busy leveling while this is happening so my guess is that many people won't do the dungeons till their actually max level but that's my guess... People level differently but the starting gear for dks (as far as i'm aware) was really good at least back when i played a DK back in retail wrath.

13. He is right, if DK are released with Northrend they will start at level 55 while all other classes will be at level 70, they won't be able to join the race because of those 15 levels of diference, if they are released with Outland though, there will be only a 15 level difference wich is not a problem because everyone wil hit 70 before Northred is released.

14. He is right, if DK are released with Northrend they will start at level 55 while all other classes will be at level 70, they won't be able to join the race because of those 15 levels of diference, if they are released with Outland though, there will be only a 15 level difference wich is not a problem because everyone wil hit 70 before Northred is released.

Either Release them 1 week before TBC content is out or when server comes up, people has to lvl another char to 55 anyways

15. As far as I know, DKs aren't being limited in the way you've said. Unless another staff member posted about this, I have no idea where you got the impression this was going to be the case.

12311 ... Last