1. Shaman VS Priest

Hey guys between this 2 classes which one do you recommend? Last time i played Wotlk was back in 2010 so my memory is abit fuzzy :)
    I intend on doing mostly PvE, but mixed with some regular BG´s for fun.
    Im still not sure but i think im going for healing this time (i played a mege back in 2010) for PvE, but i prefer to Dps im BG´s.
    Opinions are very welcome :)

2. Few things in WoW are more hilarious than knocking people off cliffs in battlegrounds with thunderstorm. I'd go for elemental shaman.

3. PvE wise both are viable really.....

I mean both can provide lots of things to the raid...

What specs do you prefer ?

4. for shaman- ele and resto
    for priest- shadow and disc

5. for shaman- ele and resto
    for priest- shadow and disc
    PVE ele shaman is a bit simple... too simple really, You basically stick to 3 buttons and you will never really do that impressive dps versus other classes with the same gear.

PVE resto is really fun and you're likely to top the healing meter in almost every raid.

In pvp however, both specc are utter hell to play, at least compared to priests.

This is merely based on my experience and thus just my opinion :)

6. Roll a priest, you won't regret it..
    Shadow is strong in PvP, always the last man standing in PvE, it has some nice buffs and utility spells and it's very fun to play.
    Disc and holy are also great, holy is a bit complicated and underperforming, but still a decent spec.

The only downside is the tedious leveling process, especially at low lvl ;x

7. You never go wrong with Shaman. A resto shaman is always nice to play in raids. (both as tank or raid healer)
    If you want to have a more advanced dps-playstyle in PvE why not go Enhancment Shaman? If you get good at it, you can do good dps as enh. as well and u have more to look at than ele.

As always, this is only what i think ;) Also i have no idea about PvP

8. A resto shaman is always nice to play in raids. (both as tank or raid healer)
    Don't give people silly ideas please, they'll do it.

9. Don't give people silly ideas please, they'll do it.
    Hahah I'd love to see tank shaman!! Didn't they have a taunt and some armor ability? :D

10. Forget those rejects ! Go for the Holy Paladin and the stoned Druid !

11. Hahah I'd love to see tank shaman!! Didn't they have a taunt and some armor ability? :D
    That was in cata only, unleash rockbiter acted as a taunt if i remember correctly.There have been enhancement shamans in wrath playing as offtanks, but that was mostly during ICC and with a very high level of gear, needless to say not so efficient, more a fun thing to do, all they have for high threat generation is frost shock.

12. That was in cata only, unleash rockbiter acted as a taunt if i remember correctly.There have been enhancement shamans in wrath playing as offtanks, but that was mostly during ICC and with a very high level of gear, needless to say not so efficient, more a fun thing to do, all they have for high threat generation is frost shock.
    That was a TBC thing too.. Enhancement Off-tanks.
    Especially during Black Temple.

One day they might let us have our Enhc tanks back :( cos it seems pretty fun.

13. Don't give people silly ideas please, they'll do it.
    He ment that resto shami is good in healing the raid or the tank. Not beeing a tank...

To answer the question:
    Shami and priest are both perfectly fine for pvp and pve.
    Ele and Spriest can top the BG dmg charts with out any effort.

In pve resto shami and disc or holy priest are needed.
    When it comes to dps Spriest pulls slightly more than Ele and Enh.

14. Ok for shamans Ele is a bit hard to get those Good dps its a bit off gear depend i mean Enh shaman with the same ilvl ( or gs ) can do way higher dps ( lets say both shamans have the same amount of skills).Resto is very simple Drops totems put your earth shield on the tank,riptide,chain heal or LHW/HW depending on how many are taking dmg if more than 1 go for LHW/HW if more than 1 go for chain heal.Plus on molten just stack haste til you get the soft cap then you would wanna go for mp5 or crit ( crit is more effective because the more you crit the more mana return you get,at least for end game crit is better secondary stat than mp5).Went into details here cause am Resto MS.

for Priest shadow is also a bit of gear depend dont expect that wow dps at the start you need to gear/enchant/gem and do a perfect rotation to get some good dps.

Disc is OK for 10 mans not that good but not too bad if you have a good main healer ( works good as an off healer).but for 25 mans Its really favored to have 1 disc priest mass shielding for example.

i would recommend shaman in general all specs are easy to PLAY ( i did not say easy to do dps with ) Resto is really easy to heal with especially in Wotlk chain heal is still not nerfed yet ( gets nerfed in cata and onwards).

Go for Shadow if you like to Dot and mine flay and MB when its up.
    Go ele if you like to flame shock,lighting bolt spam,lava burst on CD,earth shock when u got max shield stacks.

Thats my recommendations its my opinion :) msg me if u need any more help

15. And if you wanna compare endgame Dps on heroic festergut ( from World of Logs rankings ).

here they are

Shadow Priest 15807
    Enhancement Shaman 15275
    Elemental Shaman 14538

12 Last