1. Buying a new laptop

hey,

so i want to buy a new laptop and since i dont know alot about pcs and laptop i thought lets ask the molten community :D

Price should be between 500 and 600 euro (if its 650 its also okay)

could u suggest me some good gaming laptops (dont need to be a monster laptop , just to play some cool games like neverwinter (on decent settings) or maybe farcry 4 if thats possible with that budget)

sorry for my bad english and thanks

2. Where are you from?

Website to the store you're going to buy?

That's like a longshot :P

3. Good Gaming Laptop & Budget. Those two things don't really mix well.

Also specify a store or a guideline on where you plan to buy. Eitherway MSI delivers some decent quality 'gaming' laptops. But for Far cry 4 I suggest upping your budget by double.. atleast.

4. You are not going to get a laptop capable of Farcry 4 for 600€
    A Desktop maybe, if you don't mind building it yourself, but a Laptop definitely not.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/MSI-GP70-2QE...rds=msi+laptop

This is a low-end MSI laptop, which can bearly run Farcry... that's £750 which is 1000€

Farcry 4 playability on this laptop.
    Spoiler: Show

5. You are not going to get a laptop capable of Farcry 4 for 600€
    A Desktop maybe, if you don't mind building it yourself, but a Laptop definitely not.

This is a low-end MSI laptop, which can bearly run Farcry... that's £750 which is 1000€

No, that's a HORRIBLE choice with a budget of 1000€.

For 900€ here, there's an Asus DM075D or DM168 you can buy, for 900€ with a GTX 950M, MUCH better than the 840M (940M is a rebrand of the 840M), the difference between the 840M and 940M, is that 940M is hardly 5% better than the 840M.

If he can extend the budget to 900€, it's the best choice he has. (This laptop can only be bought in PC shops), nothing like shopping malls and stuff...

http://imgur.com/DtMASMm

The difference is huge...

That laptop doesn't have an OS, you can instal it pretty quickly though...

6. hey,

first thanks for all the answers !

I realized a Laptop might not be the best Solution (man i like the mobility from laptops :(((( )

I live in Austria , so im using Geizhals.at (compares different stores /prices etc)

Farcry 4 was just a shot in the dark ,my laptop now could handle farcry 3 and i buyed that one 2 and a half years ago !
    (dunno alot about games and what they need and **** )

sooo if a pc is wayyyyy better (and i know a laptop is weaker then a pc at the same price category) i would also take a pc (arrrr i want mobility :P)

Btw if u could suggest a PC that can handle Evil within and Dying light :D (or similiar horror games that came out 2k14/15), if the pc can handle these games on max and the price would be 700 euro it would be also np (if the laptop or pc coast 750 instead of 600 euro but its worth it ,then i will pay just more but 750 is rly the maximum maybe :P)

i hope u guys can help me and i hope im not toooo annoying :D

thanks again for the answers
    Edited: September 21, 2015 Reason: added new informations

7. Why would you ever EVER, get laptop for gaming?
    Getting new parts or replacements is a pain in the ***, meaning whenever you need to upgrade the laptop, you have to buy a new one..
    I'm telling you, select parts and let someone build the PC for you.
    Upgrading Pc is so simple and easy and cheap, also you bang for a buck is a lot higher on PC's.
    Also 60hz monitors literally make my eyes bleed, must be at least 120hz++++.

I'm giving advice, you choose if you listen to it or not.

DO NOT BUY LAPTOPS FOR GAMING PURPOSES, unless you travel a lot and you need 2nd computer for gaming on the road.
    Your laptop what you are buying will be useless in year or two, games are starting to require more and more, with pc u can just swap out the CPU or GPU and there, ur PC is again up to date with the current games.

8. I chose parts for you, This is what I came up under 3 mins of selecting parts.

Case: fractal design core 1000, USB3, Black 44,90€
    PSU: Silverstone 500w, strider essential-230, 80PLUS 48,90€
    RAM: Kingston 4GB Hyperx Fury 1600mhz 44,00€ (You can get another one later if you happen to find 40 euros randomly from the drawer)
    SSD: 120gb SSDnow v300 SATA III 57,90€ (yes I went with the SSD, It's really cheap for the price, and usually you dont need like TB's of space IMO)
    GPU: Gigabyte GTX 750 1GB 142,00 €(This one can be swapped later on if need more juice, its really nice though for playing wow and stuff)
    Motherboard: AsRock H81M-DGS R2.0 LGA 1150 mATX 58,00 €
    CPU : Haswell i3 4130, 3.4GHz LGA 1150, 155,00€ (Really nice CPU for gaming IMO, I have one of these and I can rock ultra with it +120FPS)

Total Price : 550,70€ (This are the price on my country, they can be lil bit higher or lower idk.)

This is probably 2 or 3 times better than any Laptop that you could buy from store.

TIPS: dont get AMD CPU, its useless for gaming only that i3 serves you fine for a long time, you can get like i5 or even i7 if you feel like it later if need the juice for something.

Cheers.

9. Please stop using game-debate or canyourunit...
    All this does is look to minimum recommended settings and then compare it with a list the website made, a list a ******ed 12 year old can make by guessing how fast a graphics card is based on it's name.

And also what does "handle this and that game" mean to you? 60 FPS or 30 FPS?

If you want to play at 60 FPS mid-high settings at 1080p depending on game for 700 euro then you need to look for a stationary PC and not a laptop.

http://de.pcpartpicker.com/p/zpzGZL

This is a build for 750 euro featuring a good graphics card which can play most games at 60fps 1080p. Rule of thumb is, don't go below a r9 380 or the GTX 960. The money you save is extremely little vs the huge performance you loose.

10. You are not going to get a laptop capable of Farcry 4 for 600€

I'm glad you weren't the one who needed assistance on buying a laptop. £750 for that? I'm glad I didn't buy it myself in all honesty, I've been helping friends configure low budget laptops, virtually the same specifications, with the only exceptions being a 720p display instead of 1080p for more crisp settings in games before experiencing performance issues. And the budget was £570. And that's WITH an operating system, £491 without. Also GTX 950M.

If he can extend the budget, it's the best choice he has.
    I agree. Just a couple of hundred euros would make all the difference in the world. It might be a better option configuring your own custom built desktop which has been suggested, because a laptop at such a low (annoying budget) isn't going to compare to a desktop computer at the same budget. The only other thing I could think of doing is waiting until you can amass a higher budget (800 Euro would get you a pretty damn decent gaming laptop) because by the time in which you do, many components for both desktops and laptops will most likely be slightly cheaper, giving you a slight theoretical budget increase.

If you can get your hands on a 1378x768 display with a GTX 950M graphics card, that is most likely going to best possible outcome with your budget.

Edit: If this hasn't been stated enough already, you are NOT going to get a laptop that can play Far Cry 4 at enjoyable framerates, be it 30 or 60.

I do apologize for not being able to assist you very much (if at all) with helping you purchase a laptop.
    Edited: September 21, 2015

11. I chose parts for you, This is what I came up under 3 mins of selecting parts.

Case: fractal design core 1000, USB3, Black 44,90€
    PSU: Silverstone 500w, strider essential-230, 80PLUS 48,90€
    RAM: Kingston 4GB Hyperx Fury 1600mhz 44,00€ (You can get another one later if you happen to find 40 euros randomly from the drawer)
    SSD: 120gb SSDnow v300 SATA III 57,90€ (yes I went with the SSD, It's really cheap for the price, and usually you dont need like TB's of space IMO)
    GPU: Gigabyte GTX 750 1GB 142,00 €(This one can be swapped later on if need more juice, its really nice though for playing wow and stuff)
    Motherboard: AsRock H81M-DGS R2.0 LGA 1150 mATX 58,00 €
    CPU : Haswell i3 4130, 3.4GHz LGA 1150, 155,00€ (Really nice CPU for gaming IMO, I have one of these and I can rock ultra with it +120FPS)

Total Price : 550,70€ (This are the price on my country, they can be lil bit higher or lower idk.)

This is probably 2 or 3 times better than any Laptop that you could buy from store.

TIPS: dont get AMD CPU, its useless for gaming only that i3 serves you fine for a long time, you can get like i5 or even i7 if you feel like it later if need the juice for something.

Cheers.
    i7's are mostly for programs that require alot of performance from the CPU... An i5 or even an i3 as you said is fine. The fact of you having an i3 is not the reason of being able to play that game "rocking at ultra", it's the GPU, games hardly use the CPU... Programs, on the other hand, do, and alot, but they do not use the GPU (an intel HD graphics is more than enough). Not to mention, that the GTX 750 is getting a bit outdated, and if you're going to build a PC now, as said before, always get a GTX 960 or a r9 390

If I was going to buy an SSD, It wouldn't be a 120GB one... That's so much low space...(for me atleast). Windows + a couple of games and that's it. If you're going to buy an SSD, always buy a 250GB one. It has not that much more space, but it's hardly more expensive than a Samsung's 120GB one. (90€ the 120GB, 110/120€ the 120GB one). Samsung's and Crucial's are the best SSD's, I've heard. Try and get that 250GB SSD, and get an 1TB HDD for other things (images, music, that sort of stuff).

What is he going to do with 4GB of RAM? Games require 8 from now on, and I'm pretty sure it's the same (if maybe a little more expensive) than that one.

12. If I was going to buy an SSD, It wouldn't be a 120GB one... That's so much low space...(for me atleast). Windows + a couple of games and that's it. If you're going to buy an SSD, always buy a 250GB one. It has not that much more space, but it's hardly more expensive than a Samsung's 120GB one. (90€ the 120GB, 110/120€ the 120GB one).
    You should only really use your SSD for your OS and your most used Programs (in my case Wrath client and League).
    120GB is more than enough for all that.

Also to that guy you quoted, you're cheaper and better off getting a i3-4170 3.7GHz... more bang for your buck.
    Also 8GB RAM is a minimum now for most games.

13. Yeah well, if I ever get an SSD, I will try to put my most played games in there... Not just MoP and CS:GO for example.

14. i7's are mostly for programs that require alot of performance from the CPU... An i5 or even an i3 as you said is fine. The fact of you having an i3 is not the reason of being able to play that game "rocking at ultra", it's the GPU, games hardly use the CPU... Programs, on the other hand, do, and alot, but they do not use the GPU (an intel HD graphics is more than enough). Not to mention, that the GTX 750 is getting a bit outdated, and if you're going to build a PC now, as said before, always get a GTX 960 or a r9 390

If I was going to buy an SSD, It wouldn't be a 120GB one... That's so much low space...(for me atleast). Windows + a couple of games and that's it. If you're going to buy an SSD, always buy a 250GB one. It has not that much more space, but it's hardly more expensive than a Samsung's 120GB one. (90€ the 120GB, 110/120€ the 120GB one). Samsung's and Crucial's are the best SSD's, I've heard. Try and get that 250GB SSD, and get an 1TB HDD for other things (images, music, that sort of stuff).

What is he going to do with 4GB of RAM? Games require 8 from now on, and I'm pretty sure it's the same (if maybe a little more expensive) than that one.
    Yeah I tried to make best bang for a buck build, which can run games like WoW, CSGO, LoL, Dota 2, HotS etc.
    Me saying that I'm rocking ultra with that CPU, was explaning that It wont bottleneck very easily, as long as you dont get stupidly expensive graphics card. I have R9 280x 3GB, and I'm barely bottlenecking, and I don't want to see such effort to get 250 dollar CPU for couple extra frames, And most of the high-end games for my current setup run +60fps, which is enough for most people who use standard 60HZ monitor.

And FYI most people I've build PC's for, dont play FarCry 4, crysis 3, Shadow of Mordor or any kinda games that require a lot of RAM, Which is why I went with 4GB's, which is good enough for games like WoW, LoL, and CSGO, hence why I said "if u wanna throw another one in, buy another one" since budget was only 600 on start, and I managed to get 550, so you might as well add one more if need the juice,
    this is WoW forum so I just used common sense and Figured he might play a lot of WoW since he's asking this question on this communitys forums, instead of Tom'sHardware or any other slightly more PC oriented Forums.

Trust me, you don't have to educate me about PC components, I've been working with them long enough to what is good for what use and what is not. i3 is perfect for wow, if you don't want to pay +250 euros for CPU, and still want good performance, of course more you pay, the better component you get of course.

Believe or not, most people when they are building their first PC, JUST FOR GAMING, They really don't need 1TB hard-drives, since 5 times faster 120gb SSD can server the purpose.

You can think about other people perspective about this, for you i3 with 4gbs of RAM might not be enough, which means you are willing to spend more money on the god damn pc, This poor guy has never build a PC and was thinking about buying laptop for gaming.
    So I think this setup will be such fine for him, If he feels like it needs a changing, then he can swap other parts out.

What I've noticed over the years is that there Isn't perfect PC setup for everyone, There are people who might think that AMD CPU's are better in their opinion, And others strongly disagree, or that prefer AMD GPUs over Nvidias.
    This is my idea for the best PC for the budget, Others might think that they have better setup, which fits for them, For example lets say you are a streamer, and i5 and i3 wont do enough, Here comes i7 With 4 cores and 8 threads that can, saying it again, this is purely meant for gaming purposes, not half HTPC not High-end PC which can run farcry 8 ULTRA MAXIM QUANTRUM graphics, its basic gaming PC, with nothing fancy in it.
    Now he can get the monitor and keyboard etc since he raised the budget to 700, or he can get better parts, what ever he feels like most comfortable.

I hope I made myself clear, cheers.

15. Spoiler: Show
    Yeah I tried to make best bang for a buck build, which can run games like WoW, CSGO, LoL, Dota 2, HotS etc.
    Me saying that I'm rocking ultra with that CPU, was explaning that It wont bottleneck very easily, as long as you dont get stupidly expensive graphics card. I have R9 280x 3GB, and I'm barely bottlenecking, and I don't want to see such effort to get 250 dollar CPU for couple extra frames, And most of the high-end games for my current setup run +60fps, which is enough for most people who use standard 60HZ monitor.

And FYI most people I've build PC's for, dont play FarCry 4, crysis 3, Shadow of Mordor or any kinda games that require a lot of RAM, Which is why I went with 4GB's, which is good enough for games like WoW, LoL, and CSGO, hence why I said "if u wanna throw another one in, buy another one" since budget was only 600 on start, and I managed to get 550, so you might as well add one more if need the juice,
    this is WoW forum so I just used common sense and Figured he might play a lot of WoW since he's asking this question on this communitys forums, instead of Tom'sHardware or any other slightly more PC oriented Forums.

Trust me, you don't have to educate me about PC components, I've been working with them long enough to what is good for what use and what is not. i3 is perfect for wow, if you don't want to pay +250 euros for CPU, and still want good performance, of course more you pay, the better component you get of course.

Believe or not, most people when they are building their first PC, JUST FOR GAMING, They really don't need 1TB hard-drives, since 5 times faster 120gb SSD can server the purpose.

You can think about other people perspective about this, for you i3 with 4gbs of RAM might not be enough, which means you are willing to spend more money on the god damn pc, This poor guy has never build a PC and was thinking about buying laptop for gaming.
    So I think this setup will be such fine for him, If he feels like it needs a changing, then he can swap other parts out.

What I've noticed over the years is that there Isn't perfect PC setup for everyone, There are people who might think that AMD CPU's are better in their opinion, And others strongly disagree, or that prefer AMD GPUs over Nvidias.
    This is my idea for the best PC for the budget, Others might think that they have better setup, which fits for them, For example lets say you are a streamer, and i5 and i3 wont do enough, Here comes i7 With 4 cores and 8 threads that can, saying it again, this is purely meant for gaming purposes, not half HTPC not High-end PC which can run farcry 8 ULTRA MAXIM QUANTRUM graphics, its basic gaming PC, with nothing fancy in it.
    Now he can get the monitor and keyboard etc since he raised the budget to 700, or he can get better parts, what ever he feels like most comfortable.

I hope I made myself clear, cheers.

There is some issues with your post.

First, having a single RAM stick isn't optimal. It's better to have 2 so 4GB would be 2x2 or 2x4(8GB) so that you can use dual channel.

Also this statement..
    It should be the opposite if the budget is an issue, if he's going to game, he should get a 1TB HDD rather than only a 128GB SSD. His post does imply he's planning to play far cry 4, dying light, evil within and WoW. All these games don't fit in that SSD unless you are implying he should uninstall and reinstall every game he plans to play? Also these games do not benifit from SSD's since they do not stream a lot of content from the drive. If he wants a ssd as well, he can go with a 32/64gb one if he just wants to have a pleasant windows experience which is enough really to make the computer fast.

12 Last