1. Requesting an official announcement once the realm goes live.

I, and many others I'm sure, have our normal day to day duties on Friday the 25th, just as any other week day. For those who want to acquire their significant toon name, will basically have to camp the login screen and refresh it every 5th minute or so between 00:01 AM and 11:59 PM (an 18 hour window I might add). To spare us the struggle, might I suggest an official post on the website as well as the facebook page the very minute it goes live, to make it tiny bit easier on us.
    Doing an official announcement was maybe already thought of, but since the Armory didn't get whisper in the wind when it got released I thought I'd just ask you to this time around to make it overly explicit when it has gone live.

Disclaimer: This will not contribute to a flood of players trying to log in at the same time since you will still have to track the website/facebook page (rather than than the login screen) for updates.

2. Disclaimer: This will not contribute to a flood of players trying to log in at the same time since you will still have to track the website/facebook page (rather than than the login screen) for updates.
    How wouldn't the same thing happen? You're just creating an extra step before the flood happens. People would just be watching Facebook or constantly refreshing or page, which would be followed by the exact same flood once the information was out.

3. How wouldn't the same thing happen? You're just creating an extra step before the flood happens. People would just be watching Facebook or constantly refreshing or page, which would be followed by the exact same flood once the information was out.
    Cause it's not a set time given prior to launch. It's still random and no one can anticipate when it will be.

4. And? People will know when it goes on either of your two options, and will flood to login at the same time.
    The only difference is they won't keep checking if the server shows online in the list, they will be checking elsewhere.

5. It's good practice to tell people when you expect the server to be up, if only for their convenience.

6. We did that - we expect the server to be up on the 25th, this Friday.

7. We did that - we expect the server to be up on the 25th, this Friday.
    Yes but a time would be nice too so i dont need to sit here all day then some **** happens and the server gets postponed or sit in queue for 8 hours

8. We did that - we expect the server to be up on the 25th, this Friday.
    At what time, in which time zone?

The entire point the OP is making is that a lot of people are on the hype train, they want to play ASAP, and they don't want to F5 a page every so often to get into the launch rush.

On your end of things, providing an exact time for launch ensures that most (responsible) staff members will be active and online, making sure everything goes smoothly and addressing problems as they arise. That goes for the server guys, who are going to be dealing with the technical side of the pop spike, the GMs who are going to be dealing with the playerbase side of the pop spike, and the admins who will be expected to do something if (when) the **** hits the fan.
    Edited: September 21, 2015

9. At what time, in which time zone?

On your end of things, providing an exact time for launch ensures that most (responsible) staff members will be active and online, making sure everything goes smoothly and addressing problems as they arise. That goes for the server guys, who are going to be dealing with the technical side of the pop spike, the GMs who are going to be dealing with the playerbase side of the pop spike, and the admins who will be expected to do something if (when) the **** hits the fan.
    Server time as always.

How does staff not telling community beforehand the exact time, influence the staff ?
    Is it impossible to think that all the needed staff will know and community not...

Is it better to have a flood of people logging in and making characters within a few minutes, compared to them gradually making the characters ?
    There's no point in the convenience of knowing when to login, if you are unable to play due to mass stress caused by the flood.

Personally I don't see a problem with announcing at the time of Launch.
    Maybe it won't be done , maybe it will. Some mysteries can be best to leave unanswered.

10. "Mysteries" is never a concept that should be applied to organization, especially when it comes to high-population occasions.

If I don't know, that's fine and I can log in on Saturday once the starter zones aren't swamped.
    If your GMs don't know, you guys are ****ed.
    Edited: September 21, 2015

11. I really don't know from what part of what I said you extracted that there isn't a set time even within the Staff.
    Players were given a date for when the server will be up according to the plans. Maybe more specific information will be given before the actual release, maybe it won't. It's not for me to decide to divulge that kind of information, but if that's what's decided, players will be informed.

The whole "disclaimer" in the original post in this thread is a lie, though, which is what I meant to address. If people are given a time beforehand or right when it opens, the flood will be the same. For the time being, players will just have to wait and see what happens next.

12. I really don't know from what part of what I said you extracted that there isn't a set time even within the Staff.
    Players were given a date for when the server will be up according to the plans. Maybe more specific information will be given before the actual release, maybe it won't. It's not for me to decide to divulge that kind of information, but if that's what's decided, players will be informed.

The whole "disclaimer" in the original post in this thread is a lie, though, which is what I meant to address. If people are given a time beforehand or right when it opens, the flood will be the same. For the time being, players will just have to wait and see what happens next.
    Did the team think about restricting the amount of characters you can make in the first "x" days, so people dont take or "steal" 10 names right when they log in?

Would be sad to see names being sold, just because some of us couldnt log in the same minute the realm opened.

13. I haven't heard of any kind of restriction. There isn't anything wrong with people taking 10 names they mean to play with, after all. Selling names isn't something acceptable, I believe. A GM would be the one to confirm or deny it, but a report of that kind of thing (with sufficient proof) could be enough to get the name forcibly released. Either way, it's a common practice for people to ask friends who will be around to try to "reserve" a couple of names.

14. I haven't heard of any kind of restriction. There isn't anything wrong with people taking 10 names they mean to play with, after all. Selling names isn't something acceptable, I believe. A GM would be the one to confirm or deny it, but a report of that kind of thing (with sufficient proof) could be enough to get the name forcibly released. Either way, it's a common practice for people to ask friends who will be around to try to "reserve" a couple of names.
    Off topic here but I figured since you're here (?) I've always wondered why naming characters is not the same as on retail, if not you. Could someone explain this for me? oO It would make the whole "amagad my chars name been stolen" a lot easier. I guess it has been covered before but I simply missed out on it.

15. An actual set server launch time would be great, I for one would definitely camp out the server launch in attempts to get my name of choice. Some people have been playing with a certain character name for a long time, even though it is a game, it's a persons identity to an extent which some people really care for.

12 Last